Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2014, 07:47 PM   #316
smidgy
dimples

not responding to anyone in particular.

if the pools are crowded at AOA, and those guests decide to stroll over to pop to use those pools, it is not fair at all to the pop century guests, who do not have the option of "either/or".

now I personally think they should have been"sister resorts" all along. (like the POR resorts, or the All Star resorts.) but they aren't . It costs more to stay at the AOA suites and a bit more at the LM standard rooms, so they have exclusive rights to that pool.

therefore, the same should apply in reverse. and it does.

if I am staying at pop and I overhear that guests at a coveted table with an umbrella are staying at AOA, you better believe I will be letting the lifeguards know.

it is rude to take tables and loungers at a resort at which you are not paying to stay.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:01 PM   #317
TeachGeekLove
Earning My Ears

I apologize in advance because I'm not a huge WDW buff. But don't the pools have check ins where you can't get past the gate without zapping your Magic Band or something? What is to stop people from getting in the pools?

Also, we will be doing the pirate adventure at GF but staying at a different resort. I see on WDW's site that GF has a kids wet playground and assume that's GF visitors only. Do they have any other playgrounds? Or is it all right to use that wet play area? (As in, does it count as "pool area") Thanks!
TeachGeekLove is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2014, 12:37 PM   #318
adamak
Type A DVC fan!
Have you rode the Coney Island Cyclone?

Staying in AKL's Jambo using DVC points. Am I allowed to use Kidani's pool? I searched this thread and it's giving me conflicting information. TIA.
adamak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:10 PM   #319
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamak View Post
Staying in AKL's Jambo using DVC points. Am I allowed to use Kidani's pool? I searched this thread and it's giving me conflicting information. TIA.
yes you can,, adn I actually thing any any jambo house guests can use the kidani pool, not just dvc memebers. if I'
mwrong, I'm sure someone will correct me lol
Old 07-17-2014, 12:53 PM   #320
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamak View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
yes you can,, adn I actually thing any any jambo house guests can use the kidani pool, not just dvc memebers. if I'
mwrong, I'm sure someone will correct me lol
Kidani Village and Jambo House are all AKL/AKV. It's one resort. You can use either pool.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 05:37 AM   #321
oceanmarina
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachGeekLove View Post

Also, we will be doing the pirate adventure at GF but staying at a different resort. I see on WDW's site that GF has a kids wet playground and assume that's GF visitors only. Do they have any other playgrounds? Or is it all right to use that wet play area? (As in, does it count as "pool area") Thanks!
I am curious about this too. I have seen this spray ground & it's adorable, can you use it if you are staying in a regular room at the GF?
Disney Dream July 2011
WDW Beach Club August 2011 (During Hurricane Irene)
WDW Animal Kingdom ~ Kidani Villas August 2012
WDW Bay Lake Villas ~ August 2013
WDW Wilderness Lodge Villas ~ August 2014

oceanmarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:35 PM   #322
gschon
Mouseketeer

nm

Dixie Landings

Caribbean Beach Resort, September 2014

Last edited by gschon; 08-16-2014 at 12:06 PM.
gschon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:59 PM   #323
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanmarina View Post
I am curious about this too. I have seen this spray ground & it's adorable, can you use it if you are staying in a regular room at the GF?
That's part of the pool at the GF and GFV. So all guests of the resort can use the water play area. Not a guest? Sorry, no.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:13 PM   #324
disneydacey
Gettin' my Disney fix since 86'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayheyrenee View Post
We stated at movies in the Mighty dicks.
Really ?!?! I'm the only one who chuckled at this?

disneydacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:08 PM   #325
connorok
Earning My Ears

Walking on Ploynesian Beach

We are staying at All Stars Sports, but we were thinking about going to the Polynesian, so that my DD can walk along the beach there. She would love to see the ocean, but there's just no way we can head to the coast from WDW. Will there be a problem in doing this?
connorok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:13 PM   #326
I M Fearless
WDW Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by connorok View Post
We are staying at All Stars Sports, but we were thinking about going to the Polynesian, so that my DD can walk along the beach there. She would love to see the ocean, but there's just no way we can head to the coast from WDW. Will there be a problem in doing this?
You will have no problem in doing this, although there is currently a lot of DVC construction going on at the Poly. You can take a boat over from MK or the resort monorail. The beach is usually a great place to watch the MK fireworks, although as I say there is an awful lot of construction there at the moment.

I M Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:39 PM   #327
smidgy
dimples

there is also a beach at the contemporary. resort, and you canwalk from the MK to the CR.

there is a beach at Fort Wilderness or at WIlderness Lodge. you can take a boat from MK to ieth one.. myae you could make a night of it at Fort wilderness with the chip and dale campfire and then the beach?

at any of the bay lake/seven seas lagoon resorts, you can see the Electrical Water Pagaent from the beach. a cute little lit up boat parade with music.

so if you were at Ft. wilderness you could so the campfire and the electrical water pagaent.

if you were at poly , you could see both

.the electrical water pagaent and wishes, but! construction
you can NOT see the MK fireworks from ft. wilderness of wilderness lodge. you can see the MK fireworks from the 4th floor observatory at CR, but I don't think you can see the water pagaent from there.

I forget what time the pagaent shows up at each lake resort. sorry. someone here will know.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:38 AM   #328
6loversofdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydacey View Post
Really ?!?! I'm the only one who chuckled at this?
No, you are not the only one who laughed at this lol

'84-My sister's graduation trip, '87-My brother's graduation trip, '90-My graduation trip, '94-Honeymoon, '03-ASMovies, '07-First trip w/ kids, '07-Single day trip (did all four parks), '09-ASMovies (free dining), '10-ASMovies (bounceback free dining), '12-Off property, '14-AS Music (free dining) 11/15-11/28
6loversofdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 08:37 AM   #329
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
you can take a boat from MK to ieth one.. myae you could make a night of it at Fort wilderness with the chip and dale campfire and then the beach?

you can NOT see the MK fireworks from ft. wilderness
Yes, you CAN see the MK fireworks from FW beach!! It's not our 'cup of tea' as we only like to be in the MK park to get the full effects, but there are 'lots' of people that view the fireworks each night there. We stay there a lot and have seen them ourselves from there, but as at the other places 'outside' the park, they're not the same.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 12:04 AM   #330
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
Yes, you CAN see the MK fireworks from FW beach!! It's not our 'cup of tea' as we only like to be in the MK park to get the full effects, but there are 'lots' of people that view the fireworks each night there. We stay there a lot and have seen them ourselves from there, but as at the other places 'outside' the park, they're not the same.
my bad. I was thinking of WIlderness lodge. I guess you can also see them from wilderness lodge, but in a certain section of the parking lot. sorry!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: