Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2014, 09:42 PM   #1
stindall
Congress Tart

Lightbulb Oh God There's The Yeti! - Siblings do Disney 2014 *update 9/16*

Hello all! I've decided since this is a special trip for us I want to document it as best I can. What better way then a trip report?!

The characters:
In this PTR/TR you'll find Sam and Aaryn, siblings separated by 8 years but we've always been best friends. Last year I (Sam) went solo to the World and really wanted nothing more than my brother there with me.

That’s me Sam, on the left! (can currently be seen sporting bright blue hair)

When I'm not planning trips to the world I manage 1 of 5 cupcake storefronts in Indianapolis. I love my husband, television, cheese, dogs, and traveling. My favourite Disney Character is Stitch, My favourite ride at WDW is Expedition Everest, and my favourite Disney snack is the butterfinger cupcake from Starring Rolls.

The other character in this trip report is Aaryn, on the right. (can currently be seen with shorter darker hair and an unfortunate goatee)

When he isn't planning trips to Disney with his sister he's attending high school and involved in all things music. He loves playing any musical instrument he can get his hands on, chinese food, and rain. His favourite Disney character is Ariel, his favourite ride is Haunted Mansion, and his favourite Disney snack is cheese sauce from Cosmic Rays!

The time:
We'll be there September 7-14th! An entire week of fun!

The place:
We'll be staying at Pop Century. We were originally booked at Port Orleans Riverside but switched to save a bit of money. We love Pop though and have stayed there several times.

The reason:
2013 was a tough year for us and 2014 hasn't exactly been kind either. This trip is a much needed vacation for us both. Our last trip together was in 2009 and it actually turned our horribly so this is also making up for that.

The plans:
I'm trying to make this trip as special as I can so I made an ADR at Tokyo Dining for us (Aaryn loves Asian food) and we're going to a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party! I had hoped to book a tour but that fell to the wayside as I'm financing 95% of the trip on my own.

Oh god there's the yeti! - The Trip Report!.

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad @ Pop -
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
- Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop!- Aug. 2015 DL @ Stanford Inn & Suites -

Last edited by stindall; 09-16-2014 at 10:22 AM.
stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:46 PM   #2
stindall
Congress Tart

We've got 55 days to go! 27 until I can attempt a BOG lunch reservation. I've started compiling a list of things we'll need for traveling. It's getting so close!

I'll be making the last payment on our package on Friday! With that out of the way the only other necessity will be a flight back home. Womp Womp!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2014, 02:30 AM   #3
stindall
Congress Tart

We decided on our MNSSHP costumes. Originally we were going with Wayne and Garth from Wayne's World but we saw some Mike and Sully hats at Party City and had to change our costume! We decided to pick up some plain blue and green shirts from Michael's and keep it simple. Here is the design I made for our shirts.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:50 PM   #4
stindall
Congress Tart

Here are the hats we found!

Old 07-17-2014, 02:22 PM   #5
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Hi! I thought I'd hop on over! It will be fun to catch up on your planning when I get home from my trip!

I love those caps!
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:50 AM   #6
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
Hi! I thought I'd hop on over! It will be fun to catch up on your planning when I get home from my trip!

I love those caps!
Welcome! I've never done a TR before so this is new to me! Hopefully I can be as entertaining as yours!

Aren't they cute?! I think they're actually for kids (they're a little small) but we couldn't resist!

Last edited by stindall; 07-18-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:10 AM   #7
stindall
Congress Tart

As of today it's all paid for! We just need return flights which we will hopefully get in two weeks!

Other things that aren't necessities:
-Memory Maker. I'm only taking my iphone 5s, not my camera and I had intended to get memory maker a long time ago so we easily had pictures together, but I decided against it. Then I remember individual pictures are like $15 so one from each park, plus a few more would easily be more than pre-purchasing it! Plus you get ride photos which are always fun. So long story long, I think we'll still get it but not until possibly late August.

-A fragrance for our room so everytime we smell it we remember our trip together. This idea came from Tom and Sarah at Disney Tourist Blog and we thought it was brilliant. It may be a little hard for us because we constantly use candles of all different smells! (though we'll be getting a wall plug-in scent thing) I think we may go see what we can find this weekend.

-Shoes! I semi-need another pair of sneakers. The pair I wear now aren't falling apart or anything, they're just a few years old. I haven't decided if I'll actually buy new ones or not.

and that's basically it! We actually don't need a lot of travel items which was a nice surprise!

This post went from exciting to boring!

Old 07-18-2014, 12:04 PM   #8
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stindall View Post
Welcome! I've never done a TR before so this is new to me! Hopefully I can be as entertaining as yours!

Aren't they cute?! I think they're actually for kids (they're a little small) but we couldn't resist!
Kids stuff works for me!

Quote:

As of today it's all paid for! We just need return flights which we will hopefully get in two weeks!

Other things that aren't necessities:
-Memory Maker. I'm only taking my iphone 5s, not my camera and I had intended to get memory maker a long time ago so we easily had pictures together, but I decided against it. Then I remember individual pictures are like $15 so one from each park, plus a few more would easily be more than pre-purchasing it! Plus you get ride photos which are always fun. So long story long, I think we'll still get it but not until possibly late August.

-A fragrance for our room so everytime we smell it we remember our trip together. This idea came from Tom and Sarah at Disney Tourist Blog and we thought it was brilliant. It may be a little hard for us because we constantly use candles of all different smells! (though we'll be getting a wall plug-in scent thing) I think we may go see what we can find this weekend.

-Shoes! I semi-need another pair of sneakers. The pair I wear now aren't falling apart or anything, they're just a few years old. I haven't decided if I'll actually buy new ones or not.

and that's basically it! We actually don't need a lot of travel items which was a nice surprise!

This post went from exciting to boring!
Woo hoo! Paid in full is such a nice thing! Congrats! I got memory maker too, but I'll be bringing my camera on my trip. I think I would be completely lost without in, and really, it's been literally a nightmare of mine in the past that I forgot my camera.
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:21 PM   #9
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Joining in. Woohooo for paying off the trip!

RooRach0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:14 PM   #10
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Congrats on a $0 balance!

One thing my Mom and I do for trips is go to Bath and Body Works and get antibacterial hand gels and soaps in our favorite scent and then take it to WDW with us. I definitely have Disney scents that I can use that take me right back to Disney in my mind - Aqua Blossom and Dancing Waters! I'm currently using the Dancing Waters hand soap as our trip is approaching in less than 90 days. I have an extra one to take to WDW with us. Then we'll use it for about a month after the trip too.

This being a fall trip, we'll probably bring something pumpkin scented as well!
ZehnJahren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:21 PM   #11
npierce25
Mouseketeer

Subscribing! The hats are super cute! and congrats on being paid in full!!!!
Old 07-18-2014, 04:28 PM   #12
MonsterWDWmom
DIS Veteran

$0 balance there is nothing better! Congrats

A December 2013 Trip report "I'd rather be sick at Disney than at home! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post51587193 (Completed)

Current Trip report : http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52350787

MonsterWDWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:01 PM   #13
stindall
Congress Tart

Welcome everyone! Thanks for joining in! I think I've subbed to everyone else so far! Should I update the title every time I make a new post? These TR's are new to me. Does everyone do a separate TR and just link to their PTR?

Tonight was successful! We got the scent Pink Sand from Yankee candle as our room scent and I am so excited! I also got some glow stick bracelets for the halloween party. (Target and Michaels have them for $1!) and hair dye. I know I mentioned I have blue hair but I don't think I mentioned my brother wants to dye his hair green before we go! He goes to a liberal arts high school so they don't mind at all.

I had to get another shirt for our costumes as well, I messed the other one up! Transfer paper can be confusing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
Congrats on a $0 balance!

One thing my Mom and I do for trips is go to Bath and Body Works and get antibacterial hand gels and soaps in our favorite scent and then take it to WDW with us. I definitely have Disney scents that I can use that take me right back to Disney in my mind - Aqua Blossom and Dancing Waters! I'm currently using the Dancing Waters hand soap as our trip is approaching in less than 90 days. I have an extra one to take to WDW with us. Then we'll use it for about a month after the trip too.

This being a fall trip, we'll probably bring something pumpkin scented as well!
That's actually really smart! I glanced at this thread on my phone before I went out so I added this to the list. You touch so many things that others have touched. I bought the scent "cool melon lime" from Target (it's Purell). I didn't even think of getting something pumpkin scented, that sounds awesome. I haven't been in to BBW in a long time! What does dancing waters smell like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
Kids stuff works for me!

Woo hoo! Paid in full is such a nice thing! Congrats! I got memory maker too, but I'll be bringing my camera on my trip. I think I would be completely lost without in, and really, it's been literally a nightmare of mine in the past that I forgot my camera.
I took my camera last year (I have an Olympus Pen Mini epm1) but I didn't use it as much as I thought I would and my phone actually takes pretty decent pictures. The Olloclip is a lens system that has a fisheye, a wide angle and a few macros. I also downloaded some cool photo apps like a slow shutter one so I can get fancy! You take much better pictures than I do though, I'd be sad if you didn't take it!

Old 07-18-2014, 09:21 PM   #14
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome everyone! Thanks for joining in! I think I've subbed to everyone else so far! Should I update the title every time I make a new post? These TR's are new to me. Does everyone do a separate TR and just link to their PTR?

That's actually really smart! I glanced at this thread on my phone before I went out so I added this to the list. You touch so many things that others have touched. I bought the scent "cool melon lime" from Target (it's Purell). I didn't even think of getting something pumpkin scented, that sounds awesome. I haven't been in to BBW in a long time! What does dancing waters smell like?
You can update the title if you want, or not. I think it depends on the person. I update my TR title every time I post, but not my PTR. I always do a separate TR and link to my PTR if I have one!

Dancing Waters is very fresh smelling. It is very similar to Aqua Blossom. It smells like fresh ocean water with a flower thrown in. I smile every time I smell my hands after washing them.
ZehnJahren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:44 AM   #15
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Quote:

Tonight was successful! We got the scent Pink Sand from Yankee candle as our room scent and I am so excited! I also got some glow stick bracelets for the halloween party. (Target and Michaels have them for $1!) and hair dye. I know I mentioned I have blue hair but I don't think I mentioned my brother wants to dye his hair green before we go! He goes to a liberal arts high school so they don't mind at all.

I had to get another shirt for our costumes as well, I messed the other one up! Transfer paper can be confusing!

I took my camera last year (I have an Olympus Pen Mini epm1) but I didn't use it as much as I thought I would and my phone actually takes pretty decent pictures. The Olloclip is a lens system that has a fisheye, a wide angle and a few macros. I also downloaded some cool photo apps like a slow shutter one so I can get fancy! You take much better pictures than I do though, I'd be sad if you didn't take it!

I agree with the PP it is up to you if you want to update the title on your or not. I do just to let people know when I updated last.

Pink sands is one of my sister's favorite scents (not the one going with me) and it does smell really good. I like this idea but know we would run out of scents. However I will suggest this to the sister who is going with me and see if she would like to do this.

RooRach0906 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: