Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2014, 02:08 PM   #1876
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMy3DisneyKids View Post
I arrive on August 19. I gave my information to Magical express on June 24. When should I get my luggage tags?
Anytime now. Some have been getting their packets 5-6 weeks prior to travel, others have gotten theirs a few weeks prior.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:51 AM   #1877
zipuzee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMy3DisneyKids View Post
I arrive on August 19. I gave my information to Magical express on June 24. When should I get my luggage tags?
I emailed them my flight information on 6/30, got a confirmation email on 7/2 and received my tags and booklet 7/11. My trip isn't until October so I was surprised to get it so soon.

Lauri

1976 (FW), 1984 (FW), 1988 (FW), 1992 (FW), 1995 (POLY), 2001 (offsite), 2006 (WL), 2007 (ASMu) 2014 (ASMu)
zipuzee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2014, 12:33 PM   #1878
LoveMy3DisneyKids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipuzee View Post
I emailed them my flight information on 6/30, got a confirmation email on 7/2 and received my tags and booklet 7/11. My trip isn't until October so I was surprised to get it so soon.
I noticed a lot of people saying that they were getting theirs so far in advance. I didn't actually give them my information. I booked through AAA. They said they gave my flight info. I'm going to make sure, myself.
LoveMy3DisneyKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:53 PM   #1879
ttepsich
Mouseketeer

Just booked DME today, leaving in 5 days!

Spoke with MS this morning and booked DME. Just decided to check a bag and don't have luggage tags. MS said I can still have Disney pick up my bag and deliver it to my resort it just may take a little longer. I just need to present my claim tag to a CM at the welcome center. My question is, will I get my luggage the same day? (we arrive around 330 pm) or does " a little longer" mean it may arrive the next day? Has anyone had experience with this?
Thanks,
Tina
ttepsich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:40 PM   #1880
terri33inne
Mouseketeer

Sorry if this has been asked & answered before ( I reviewed the first Q&A on this thread, and this wasn't there). I just switched resorts today for a trip on 08/21.. I already have my ME yellow tags. Do I need to call & get new tags for the new resort or are they already linked to my resort reservation? No airline info changed.
Thanks!

***UPDATE: Just thought I'd update in case anyone is wondering in the future. I called ME, and they said I should automatically get a new voucher booklet & luggage tags, but when she looked up my reservation it was still showing the old resort. So she updated it, and is sending out the new voucher & tags. Glad I called.

Best way to get over the end of your last trip is to start planning your next trip!

Last edited by terri33inne; 07-27-2014 at 12:38 PM.
terri33inne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 05:25 PM   #1881
gusgusgoose
Earning My Ears

thanks!
gusgusgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 03:42 PM   #1882
MagentaMulan
Mouseketeer

When i'm signing up for DME, when i put my name under "Contact information", do i also put my name again for "Guest 1" or put the person i'm traveling with?
MagentaMulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:44 PM   #1883
spookymickey
Mouseketeer

I just received our DME luggage tags today, and I had given all the correct info when I placed it. But I noticed on the MIL tags, that it stated our last name and not hers. Will this cause a problem? She's already listed on the room with her correct last name. So don't know if I need to resubmit the info. Thanks.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:09 AM   #1884
purplevalentine
"If Woody would of went straight to the police then none of this would've never happened!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookymickey View Post
I just received our DME luggage tags today, and I had given all the correct info when I placed it. But I noticed on the MIL tags, that it stated our last name and not hers. Will this cause a problem? She's already listed on the room with her correct last name. So don't know if I need to resubmit the info. Thanks.

I would call and have it corrected or at least verify you won't have any issues with your ME service. I just received my luggage tags yesterday and it was completely wrong. Only had me listed for ME service and not my mother. Glad I called because they also only had me using ME from Disney to MCO with no return. Not to mention my flight info was wrong, (not ME's fault US Air changed flight numbers and never notified me). Everything is bar-coded so definitely call to be sure they have right information. If they need to send out new luggage tags they can do that quickly. Obviously i'm having new tags sent out to me.

purplevalentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:30 AM   #1885
spookymickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplevalentine View Post
I would call and have it corrected or at least verify you won't have any issues with your ME service. I just received my luggage tags yesterday and it was completely wrong. Only had me listed for ME service and not my mother. Glad I called because they also only had me using ME from Disney to MCO with no return. Not to mention my flight info was wrong, (not ME's fault US Air changed flight numbers and never notified me). Everything is bar-coded so definitely call to be sure they have right information. If they need to send out new luggage tags they can do that quickly. Obviously i'm having new tags sent out to me.

Great! Thanks for the help, I'll call them today. Would probably be in the doghouse if I left my MIL at the airport
Old 08-19-2014, 09:45 AM   #1886
purplevalentine
"If Woody would of went straight to the police then none of this would've never happened!"

Quote:
Great! Thanks for the help, I'll call them today. Would probably be in the doghouse if I left my MIL at the airport

Absolutely! That wouldn't be the way to start a great Disney trip!

purplevalentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:09 AM   #1887
spookymickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplevalentine View Post
Absolutely! That wouldn't be the way to start a great Disney trip!
No Kidding! Fireworks even before Wishes or Fantasmic!

But I did just call DME and they said it wasn't a problem at all since they don't go by the last name on the tag, but the Barcode. I informed them that her last name was different then on the room ressie, and still no problem. She'll be fine for the bus. So I feel better about that at least. Thanks again for the help!
Old 08-19-2014, 10:19 AM   #1888
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They just send tags in the name of the lead person on the resort reservation. As long as you have 1 tag per person, you're good to go.

Alesia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:07 PM   #1889
stitchfan18
DIS Veteran

We're traveling with my parents in November, but DH has to work the morning we leave so we're taking a later flight than them. Since we arrive around 9:00, I was thinking about giving my parents our luggage since they'll be able to check 4 bags on SW for free. If I do this, can I attach our luggage tags to our bags, or would they need to order more tags? Just curious what would happen to our bags if they get to the resort before we do. We could in theory just claim our bags, but I figured this seemed easier since we'll have DD and all her gear already.

stitchfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:21 AM   #1890
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchfan18 View Post
We're traveling with my parents in November, but DH has to work the morning we leave so we're taking a later flight than them. Since we arrive around 9:00, I was thinking about giving my parents our luggage since they'll be able to check 4 bags on SW for free. If I do this, can I attach our luggage tags to our bags, or would they need to order more tags? Just curious what would happen to our bags if they get to the resort before we do. We could in theory just claim our bags, but I figured this seemed easier since we'll have DD and all her gear already.
It shouldn't be an issue. Are you all in the same room? If so, all the bags will go there. But if you're in different rooms, they will get theirs, but your's won't be brought to your room until after you've checked in.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: