Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2014, 07:57 AM   #16
JCornell
Mouseketeer

I'm guessing for the average person it isn't worth it if you're just thinking about the soda cost. If you want a keepsake/souvenir mug, that's another thing. My big issue with the mug is that you generally have to carry it from your room to the food court or area where the soda is. Then, when you're done, you either have to take it with you to the park or walk it back to your room. For us, this means that we tend not to use them too much except in the evening when we're hanging out at the resort. FWIW, if you have a big soda drinker, I have found that some of the resorts sell 3 liter bottles at a comparatively ok rate. I'll buy one of these and keep it in the fridge in our room.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:29 AM   #17
daisyx3
DIS Veteran

On most of our trips I have purchased at least one mug for myself. Whenever I go near the food court I get an unsweet tea in the mug. I don't drink coffee or soda so that is my "thing". If I get one a day, I make the $$ back and I use the mugs every day at school as well.
I am a little worried this time because we will be at BWV and I don't know if they have the tea option at the pool. I guess I could let my son use it for a soda if that is the case.
Daisyx3
daisyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2014, 08:25 AM   #18
kittb
Mouseketeer

I wonder if this is just funny wording and in fact it means at any soda station within the resort rather than any resort .....

WDW 2014 - special anniversary/ birthday celebration trip
DCL June 2011 Mediterranean
DCL Northern European Capitals June 2010
DLP September 2009 - 10th Wedding Anniversary
DCL June 2007 Mediterranean - Jack's First Disney Experience
DLP September 2005
WDW November 2002
DLP 2000 Christmas
DLP 1999 September - Honeymoon
DLP 1998/9 New Year
kittb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:43 AM   #19
jimjenkids
Mouseketeer

we had some of the same thoughts, but hate to read the LONG and numerous pages on the dos and don'ts of the refill mug-yet don't want anyone to go crazy when you ask a question about them. we are doing a "kinda" split stay but will be there for 5 nights and 6 days with hoppers and staying at CBR. love the resort but yes it is spread out. I am hoping that when we get there the mug will have a length of stay and be able to use for all nights as we get them on day1, or at least let us pay the extra for the other night...wishful thinking but still hopeful. I think that now that they have the RFID chips, it would really be helpful and may even sell more mugs IF they were to put soda machines at various areas in the resorts-like at CBR-maybe by the pools or laundry areas...its not like people would then be able to fill any cup....just a thought, either way we tend to get the cups-good souvenir and we have plenty! I even have some from when they were deemed "lifetime" mugs, guess we are suckers for them!

2014:Amazing Christmas vacation & 20th wedding anniversary -CBC, 2012:xmas-Pop century, 2010:CBC, 2008:ASMovie, 2000:Movies, 1999: sports, 1995:POF, 1984:Polly

jimjenkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:05 PM   #20
Plumeria9
DIS Veteran

Talking Just back, what I know now

I'm the OP so I thought I would update everybody on the refillable cup. Yes, it's usable at any resort, even the Animal Kingdom Resort. We stopped there after going to Animal Kingdom park yesterday, where it was crazy humid and I needed a lot to drink. I used my cup for iced tea mainly, but got Barq's root beer for my kids once in a while. At Port Orleans they had this iced tea dispenser that had four different kinds of iced tea. I think they were: Sweet, unsweet, White tea w/ citrus (I didn't like it), and a green tea (sweetened, but not sure w/ what). It looks like a regular iced tea dispenser but you push a button on one of the four rectangles as to what tea you want to come out. It's pretty cool. Anywhere you use it there is a sink and faucet where you can rinse out your cup. It seems that the soft drink offerings are a bit different depending on where you go. At POR, there was a caffeine-free Diet Coke, but they didn't have that at Animal Kingdom resort. If anybody has any questions please ask, I might know the answer . Thanks to everybody who answered my question!
POR 6/2014 • DLR 1/13 • CBR 1/2011 • Off-Site WDW 3/09 • Good Neighbor hotel @ DLR 1/09 • Poly 1/07• Honeymoon @ CBR 4/92 • Native Disneylander "Take what you can get, and give nothing back!""If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all" - Thumper
Plumeria9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:10 PM   #21
scm200
Mouseketeer

Glad you figured it out, we are going for 13 nights next month and will get the mugs for ourselves and probably the whole family. We are staying at 3 different resorts and having the full 17.99 is way worth it. The drinks are like $3 each time you get a single cup and I can easily drink 6 cold drinks in 13 nights, not to mention coffee in the AM. We are planning on pool time and they will be good for that too. Hope you felt you got you value for them OP
Old 06-26-2014, 02:22 PM   #22
Plumeria9
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm200 View Post
Glad you figured it out, we are going for 13 nights next month and will get the mugs for ourselves and probably the whole family. We are staying at 3 different resorts and having the full 17.99 is way worth it. The drinks are like $3 each time you get a single cup and I can easily drink 6 cold drinks in 13 nights, not to mention coffee in the AM. We are planning on pool time and they will be good for that too. Hope you felt you got you value for them OP
Yes, the individual soft drinks are $3.19 each (plus tax?) so I felt that I got my money's worth. I can drink a lot of iced tea, and my DH can drink a lot of diet Coke. We put each of our cups into a ziploc bag to carry around in the car in case we were near a resort where we could get a cold drink.
POR 6/2014 • DLR 1/13 • CBR 1/2011 • Off-Site WDW 3/09 • Good Neighbor hotel @ DLR 1/09 • Poly 1/07• Honeymoon @ CBR 4/92 • Native Disneylander "Take what you can get, and give nothing back!""If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all" - Thumper
Plumeria9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:21 PM   #23
mommy2allyandaveri
Disney or otherwise. Sucks
I will NEVER NEVER NEVER go on that ride again!

I'm sure this is a silly question... We are in the planning stages of our first WDW trip. The refillable mug sounds great, except that it sounds like you can NOT refill in any of the parks, only the resorts.

Is this correct?

mommy2allyandaveri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:39 PM   #24
JanaDee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2allyandaveri View Post
I'm sure this is a silly question... We are in the planning stages of our first WDW trip. The refillable mug sounds great, except that it sounds like you can NOT refill in any of the parks, only the resorts.

Is this correct?
Refillable mugs are only supposed to be used at the resort where you are staying. They can't be used at any of the parks for soda.
JanaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:44 PM   #25
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaDee View Post
Refillable mugs are only supposed to be used at the resort where you are staying. They can't be used at any of the parks for soda.
It's true that you can't use them at the parks, but it's not accurate anymore that you can only use them at your resort. They are now good at any resort's mug refill stations.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:18 PM   #26
JCornell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumeria9 View Post
Yes, the individual soft drinks are $3.19 each (plus tax?) so I felt that I got my money's worth. I can drink a lot of iced tea, and my DH can drink a lot of diet Coke. We put each of our cups into a ziploc bag to carry around in the car in case we were near a resort where we could get a cold drink.
Just as an fyi, individual drinks are $3.19 but 2 liter bottles are $3.73 in the gift shop. Something to consider if you primarily drink in your room.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:35 PM   #27
Fly me with Balloons
Mouseketeer

We're on site for 5 days, off for 4, and back for 5. It is my understanding that I can get the 14-Day plan. Anyone had experience with this? Are they tied to your reservation, or just contained to the mug? Thanks.
Fly me with Balloons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:58 PM   #28
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly me with Balloons View Post
We're on site for 5 days, off for 4, and back for 5. It is my understanding that I can get the 14-Day plan. Anyone had experience with this? Are they tied to your reservation, or just contained to the mug? Thanks.
It's a 14 day mug. It's not tied to a reservation; I bought one without them knowing that I was staying onsite.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:57 AM   #29
Jenn55
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks, I really appreciate the info! We are on-property for 4 nights, can we get the mug/refills for $17.99? On the page w/ the video it says "There are four time options for purchase: 1 day ($8.99), 2 days ($11.99), 3 days ($14.99), or a Length Of Stay option which is good for any amount of time from 7 days up to 14 days, which costs $17.99." What about people who are staying between 4 -6 days??? I think my DH can get his money's worth from it, but not sure about me. I will drink the water, as long as it's not Florida-flavored. Thanks!!!
We went January 2014 from 2-11.. We did a split stay and used the same refillable mug the entire time at both resorts.. 17.99 does u for the entire time.. I've heard it lasts 2 weeks.. Can't confirm that cause we weren't there that long but u can use at each resort.. That was my worry with a split stay
Jenn55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:01 AM   #30
Jenn55
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks, I really appreciate the info! We are on-property for 4 nights, can we get the mug/refills for $17.99? On the page w/ the video it says "There are four time options for purchase: 1 day ($8.99), 2 days ($11.99), 3 days ($14.99), or a Length Of Stay option which is good for any amount of time from 7 days up to 14 days, which costs $17.99." What about people who are staying between 4 -6 days??? I think my DH can get his money's worth from it, but not sure about me. I will drink the water, as long as it's not Florida-flavored. Thanks!!!
Oh forgot to mention, my son doesn't drink pop but he used his for water and hot chocolate and it came in handy that way
Jenn55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: