Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2014, 08:38 AM   #736
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
~During our recent stay at the CR..we spent a good amount of time on that bridge... ... as we had family members staying at BLT..and we did see a few families watching the fireworks there on two different evenings...

Didn't seem to be any issue with it..no CMs keeping the area clear....but we have watched the fireworks from the observation deck there on the 4th floor..and its a pretty nice viewing from there....
Oh good - so you didn't need a BLT key to get onto the bridge from CR?
johnsonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:41 AM   #737
LorieDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_hlh View Post
Were staying in the garden wing again this year in August because we loved it so much last year. I know that Disney is in the process of fencing in all the pools except the "quite" ones, does anyone know when CR is scheduled to get fences or are they up already? My DH likes to swim late at night and wants to switch resorts if the pools at CR are locked up at night. Maybe I should tell him that they are and I'll get to switch to YC which is another one of our favorite resorts
We arrived home just a few days ago … and while there is no pool fence at the CR they DO indeed rope off the entire pool area at 11 p.m. The lifeguards are off duty and the ropes do say the pool is closed. The entire area is roped off and I'm not sure if security will tell you to not go in the pool.

I know in the past you could swim at your own risk after 11 p.m. With the roping off of the area I got the distinct impression the entire area was now off limits. And I assume they are doing this at all resorts without the pool fencing in place yet.

Loving our new home at BLT!

LorieDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2014, 08:45 AM   #738
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
No we didn't have to use a key..come to think of it though..the walk way was busy and I think the doors were generally open... lol..

Wonder if there is still keyed access during the daytime hours??

BlueSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:56 AM   #739
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorieDisneyLover View Post
We arrived home just a few days ago … and while there is no pool fence at the CR they DO indeed rope off the entire pool area at 11 p.m. The lifeguards are off duty and the ropes do say the pool is closed. The entire area is roped off and I'm not sure if security will tell you to not go in the pool.

I know in the past you could swim at your own risk after 11 p.m. With the roping off of the area I got the distinct impression the entire area was now off limits. And I assume they are doing this at all resorts without the pool fencing in place yet.
Yes. This has been the case at AKL for a while now
Maybe that's how they're dealing with it until they can get all the fences up.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:01 AM   #740
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No we didn't have to use a key..come to think of it though..the walk way was busy and I think the doors were generally open... lol..
Thanks. I would think the BLT owners would want that access limited to guests staying there but who knows? I've only stayed at BLT once and it was 4 years ago and I have no idea what we used keys for except the villa and the pool.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:07 AM   #741
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks. I would think the BLT owners would want that access limited to guests staying there but who knows? I've only stayed at BLT once and it was 4 years ago and I have no idea what we used keys for except the villa and the pool.
On that note....is there a magic band scanner to get into the BLT pool area? We will be staying there and I just wondered if that's what you had to do to get in. Thanks!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:09 AM   #742
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
On that note....is there a magic band scanner to get into the BLT pool area? We will be staying there and I just wondered if that's what you had to do to get in. Thanks!
Well, it was 4 years ago, so it was room key access. Now that MBs are the rule, I'm sure there's a MB scanner
Old 07-13-2014, 10:37 AM   #743
bama belle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFairy View Post
Thanks. Roll Tide. Thank you.
You're welcome! Roll Tide to you too

bama belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:41 AM   #744
bama belle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Yes, you scan your MB to get in

bama belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:58 AM   #745
brockash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Technically, you are supposed to need to use your BLT key/magicband to enter the bridge, however, we have maybe needed to use it 5-8 times in both of our week long stays at BLT. Generally there are ppl coming and going constantly so the door is often open. If I recall correctly, half the time the door didn't close the whole way anyways, so getting in was never really an issue.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:05 AM   #746
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockash View Post
Technically, you are supposed to need to use your BLT key/magicband to enter the bridge, however, we have maybe needed to use it 5-8 times in both of our week long stays at BLT. Generally there are ppl coming and going constantly so the door is often open. If I recall correctly, half the time the door didn't close the whole way anyways, so getting in was never really an issue.
Thanks for the info.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:53 AM   #747
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I like your new avatar
Thanks .

Your trip is getting closer and closer . Hope you will report back when you return.

Quote:
~During our recent stay at the CR..we spent a good amount of time on that bridge... ... as we had family members staying at BLT..and we did see a few families watching the fireworks there on two different evenings...

Didn't seem to be any issue with it..no CMs keeping the area clear....but we have watched the fireworks from the observation deck there on the 4th floor..and its a pretty nice viewing from there....
Hi Blue

We've watched the fireworks from the 4th floor observation deck many times and I agree that it's a great view .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:20 PM   #748
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Thanks .

Your trip is getting closer and closer . Hope you will report back when you return.
Oh yes! Thanks. In fact, I'm sure I will check in live
Old 07-13-2014, 02:15 PM   #749
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
In fact, I'm sure I will check in live
Can't wait

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:55 PM   #750
maxsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama belle View Post
Yes, I would think the walkway is open to anyone. It is pretty long and was never very crowded. The Outer Rim is in the CR, so open to anyone.
Thanks!
00 Disney Wedding and Honeymoon WL/CSR, 01 1st Anniversary YC, 03 WL, 05 DS's 1st Time POP , 06 POP, 09 Poly DD's 1st Time!, 09 CSR + 1 night POR, 10 Pop then Poly for 10 yr aniv! , Summer of '11: POFQ, Summer of '12 CSR, Summer of '13 Poly, Summer of '14 Contemporary
maxsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: