Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2014, 04:23 PM   #721
lady_hlh
DIS Veteran

Were staying in the garden wing again this year in August because we loved it so much last year. I know that Disney is in the process of fencing in all the pools except the "quite" ones, does anyone know when CR is scheduled to get fences or are they up already? My DH likes to swim late at night and wants to switch resorts if the pools at CR are locked up at night. Maybe I should tell him that they are and I'll get to switch to YC which is another one of our favorite resorts
Old 07-12-2014, 04:25 PM   #722
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krinicone View Post
This has probably been asked many times but I cannot find any discussions about it and this thread is huge, so I thought I'd just throw this ques out there! I want to stay at either the CR or BLT, but I cannot decide which one! Never stayed at either. I need just a reg room for 2 adults and a 2 yr old. Studio prices at BLT seem to be about the same as the cost of a tower room at CR. Any suggestions?
Studios at BLT are small with kitchenette taking up quite a bit of room. I liked the layout of the studio and the kitchenette provided a lot of storage but I think you might be better off in a room at CR. Those rooms are huge. In the studio you would have queen bed & full sleep sofa. At CR you would have daybed and either 2 queens or king.
lovesdumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2014, 04:59 PM   #723
krinicone
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
Studios at BLT are small with kitchenette taking up quite a bit of room. I liked the layout of the studio and the kitchenette provided a lot of storage but I think you might be better off in a room at CR. Those rooms are huge. In the studio you would have queen bed & full sleep sofa. At CR you would have daybed and either 2 queens or king.
Thanks. Yes, I am leaning towards CR. I finally found a couple threads from a few yrs ago discussing this. The only concern I have is about elevators at CR, I've read some negative reviews about elevators not working or there just not being enough of them? Are they bad?
krinicone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:01 PM   #724
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_hlh View Post
Were staying in the garden wing again this year in August because we loved it so much last year. I know that Disney is in the process of fencing in all the pools except the "quite" ones, does anyone know when CR is scheduled to get fences or are they up already? My DH likes to swim late at night and wants to switch resorts if the pools at CR are locked up at night. Maybe I should tell him that they are and I'll get to switch to YC which is another one of our favorite resorts
I can't tell you when they are scheduled to go up, but can tell you there were no fences at CR main pool when we checked out a few days ago

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:08 PM   #725
BlueFairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_hlh View Post
With the Poly pool closed and the recent announcement that this work will be starting 9/3 at WL and continuing until Nov, rooms around MK are getting scarce and the villagers are revolting. I think you can assume that CR will not have a pool refurb this fall. I also think if they were planning an August refurb it would have been announced or leaked by now.
5/2-5/7/10 - WL ~ 5/25-6/4/13 - San Diego/Disneyland ~ 8/3-8/6/14 - WL Mommy/Daughter Trip

BlueFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:13 PM   #726
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krinicone View Post
This has probably been asked many times but I cannot find any discussions about it and this thread is huge, so I thought I'd just throw this ques out there! I want to stay at either the CR or BLT, but I cannot decide which one! Never stayed at either. I need just a reg room for 2 adults and a 2 yr old. Studio prices at BLT seem to be about the same as the cost of a tower room at CR. Any suggestions?
I've stayed once at BLT (in a magical, 2-bedroom, Magic Kingdom view villa ) and several times over the years at CR.
In my opinion, if this is one of your first Disney stays, especially with a little one, I'd stay in the hotel. It's more festive and Disney-themed. BLT was gorgeous but when I was there, it was more like a nice apartment building than a hotel. Maybe it's b/c there was no front desk in the lobby At least not at that time (2010). Of course, that can be a good thing. But if I was taking my toddler to Disney World, I'd like the added magic of the monorail running through the resort, Chef Mickey's, the shops, etc.

Just my 2 cents!
johnsonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:20 PM   #727
lady_hlh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFairy View Post
With the Poly pool closed and the recent announcement that this work will be starting 9/3 at WL and continuing until Nov, rooms around MK are getting scarce and the villagers are revolting. I think you can assume that CR will not have a pool refurb this fall. I also think if they were planning an August refurb it would have been announced or leaked by now.
Thanks everyone for the info. I was thinking it probably wasn't going to happen in August with all the other MK resort rehabs going on. I don't know if I'm happy to stay at CR again so that I won't have to change around all our ADRs/plans or sad that we won't get to go to YC again. Every year my DH declares no Disney trip next year and this time will be our 10th trip. However this year he seems to be really sticking to his guns about no WDW in 2015 and talking about a beach trip in the NE for next summer. Who knows though our 13 year old DD is a Disney freak and daddy's little princess so she might be able to change his mind yet again.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:14 PM   #728
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
Love, love, loved all of your fabulous photos, WDWKOOK! Thank you.

Only 25 more days to go!!
I agree about KOOK's pics....they are always awesome .

How exciting that you only have 25 more days .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:10 PM   #729
bama belle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsmom View Post
Ok, since I'm not getting to watch them from the beach @ the Polynesiian I need to know the best place here. This has been one of my big hold ups w/ this resort. I keep seeing people mention places that do and don't have music. It's sounding like the best places are related to BLT. Can anyone watch from the walk way? Is the outer rim open to any resort guest or just BLT? I just assumed their observation deck would have music.
Yes, I would think the walkway is open to anyone. It is pretty long and was never very crowded. The Outer Rim is in the CR, so open to anyone.

bama belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:12 PM   #730
maxsmom
DIS Veteran

Anyone?

Quote:
Ok, since I'm not getting to watch them from the beach @ the Polynesiian I need to know the best place here. This has been one of my big hold ups w/ this resort. I keep seeing people mention places that do and don't have music. It's sounding like the best places are related to BLT. Can anyone watch from the walk way? Is the outer rim open to any resort guest or just BLT? I just assumed their observation deck would have music.
Wondering if anyone can help w/ these 2 questions. Thanks!
00 Disney Wedding and Honeymoon WL/CSR, 01 1st Anniversary YC, 03 WL, 05 DS's 1st Time POP , 06 POP, 09 Poly DD's 1st Time!, 09 CSR + 1 night POR, 10 Pop then Poly for 10 yr aniv! , Summer of '11: POFQ, Summer of '12 CSR, Summer of '13 Poly, Summer of '14 Contemporary
maxsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:17 PM   #731
bama belle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFairy View Post
Well that's interesting. Everyone confidently tells you elsewhere that the music is piped in. Hmmm. As another poster asked, can we access the bridge as non-resort guests? And to clarify, the crosswalk is on the 4th floor? Thanks for the tip. I had forgotten people do that. I thought that the Outer Rim was inside the concourse and that the observation deck was accessed from the main guest area near the shops. But I really have no clue since we don't frequent CR.
We never actually tried to watch from the observation deck, so I can't comment on the music being piped in there. The bridge is connected to the ob. deck and open to anyone as far as I know. The first part of the bridge has an opaque glass up, so you have to go down a little further. There was always a good bit of room. The bridge is off of the fourth floor from CR, just past all the gift shops.

bama belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:21 AM   #732
BlueFairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama belle View Post
Yes, I would think the walkway is open to anyone. It is pretty long and was never very crowded. The Outer Rim is in the CR, so open to anyone.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama belle View Post
We never actually tried to watch from the observation deck, so I can't comment on the music being piped in there. The bridge is connected to the ob. deck and open to anyone as far as I know. The first part of the bridge has an opaque glass up, so you have to go down a little further. There was always a good bit of room. The bridge is off of the fourth floor from CR, just past all the gift shops.
Roll Tide. Thank you.
5/2-5/7/10 - WL ~ 5/25-6/4/13 - San Diego/Disneyland ~ 8/3-8/6/14 - WL Mommy/Daughter Trip

BlueFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:54 AM   #733
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I agree about KOOK's pics....they are always awesome .

How exciting that you only have 25 more days .
Thank you And I like your new avatar

Quote:
Wondering if anyone can help w/ these 2 questions. Thanks!

From WDWKOOK's recreation page at the beginning of this FAQ, I found this info:

"THE WISHES NIGHTLY MAGIC KINGDOM FIREWORKS last about 12 minutes. Preferred CR/BLT viewing locations:

~Magic Kingdom/Theme Park View Tower rooms/balconies.

~BLT Magic Kingdom/Theme Park View rooms/balconies and some Bay Lake View rooms on the north side.

~The beach.

~California Grill restaurant and observation deck (exclusively for guests with same-day reservations only).

~Fourth floor observation deck"

I also found this on the DVC forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
you can go to the 4th floor balcony to see and hear it.

on the sidewalk - between CR and BLT is the best area...
Hopefully the observation deck will have the music. I'm there in August too and don't have an MK view this time.
Outer Rim is the bar in CR and you won't be able to see the fireworks from there.
Bridge over to BLT I think they discourage people from using for f/w but I have no experience with that. You might ask if you're allowed to do that on the DVC forum: http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=187

good luck.
johnsonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:17 AM   #734
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

~During our recent stay at the CR..we spent a good amount of time on that bridge... ... as we had family members staying at BLT..and we did see a few families watching the fireworks there on two different evenings...

Didn't seem to be any issue with it..no CMs keeping the area clear....but we have watched the fireworks from the observation deck there on the 4th floor..and its a pretty nice viewing from there....

BlueSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:19 AM   #735
amycishere
DIS Veteran

First time staying in the main tower and we splurged and bought THEME PARK VIEW as we will be celebrating my 30th birthday! We don't need to request the castle as it's all the same view at the CR not like the Poly right? Heard there are two whirlpools. Are they both the small round sit in kind? I am in a wheelchair and it's easier to get my in that type. THANK YOU!
amycishere is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: