Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2014, 10:07 AM   #1
Luv2Run
Mouseketeer

Resort Discounts

Greetings! My bf and I will be staying at ASMusic Feb. 19-26, 2015 (room+QS Dining Plan), and I was wondering which discount I should ask for when I book our stay: I'm in the military, running the Princess Half Marathon, and there will most likely be a 15-30% discount offered for the time period we're there (there was in 2012 & 2013, but not 2014, if I remember correctly).

The first time I booked a stay there, I was solo, and they simply applied the military discount, but I don't recall them telling me how much the military discount took off (10%, 15%, or more). And I don't even know if they offer a discount for runDisney events anyway, but I've heard mention of it in the past.

Advice? Should I simply stick with the military discount, or hold out for more?

TIA!

Feb. 2011 - Offsite, June 2011 - Offsite/Contemporary, Feb. 2012 - Offsite/OKW, Nov. 2012 - All Star Music, Feb. 2013 - BLT/Offsite, Feb. 2014 - All Star Music
Next: Feb. 2015 - Port Orleans Riverside!
Luv2Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:13 AM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

If there's multiple discounts available to you, you'll have to run the numbers to see which one is better.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2014, 10:16 AM   #3
joannamet
Mouseketeer

You should use a travel agent who specializes in Disney. They know the discounts and they'll keep looking for better deals even after you book your trip. It doesn't cost you anything extra. Personally I use Small World Vacations. You can also book through AAA if you're a member.

http://www.smallworldvacations.com/

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/
Old 07-11-2014, 10:19 AM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Run View Post
Greetings! My bf and I will be staying at ASMusic Feb. 19-26, 2015 (room+QS Dining Plan), and I was wondering which discount I should ask for when I book our stay: I'm in the military, running the Princess Half Marathon, and there will most likely be a 15-30% discount offered for the time period we're there (there was in 2012 & 2013, but not 2014, if I remember correctly).

The first time I booked a stay there, I was solo, and they simply applied the military discount, but I don't recall them telling me how much the military discount took off (10%, 15%, or more). And I don't even know if they offer a discount for runDisney events anyway, but I've heard mention of it in the past.

TIA!
If the military discount gets renewed, you could book with that and then compare that to any other discounts that might come out later on. If another discount turns out to be a better deal, you can modify your reservation to reflect the better discount, pending availability.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:41 PM   #5
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Run View Post

TIA!
IMO, the military discount is going to be your best choice. You won't find a better percentage discount. We haven't heard yet about renewal of the military discount program past Sept 27, 2014. Should know that info soon -- July or August, 2014. The military resort discount has been 30% for Value resorts, 35% for Moderate resorts, and 40% for Deluxe resorts. Resort rack rate pricing for 2015 is coming out soon.

You can add paid dining to your stay, and you are not obligated to purchase package tickets with a military room discount b/c tickets are available thru Disney-military collaboration. There is a Dining Plan forum here with a post listing 2014 DDP prices. 2015 prices aren't out yet.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:27 PM   #6
RunDisney Crazy
Mouseketeer

Right, you'll have to do the 'Disney' math to see which is better. They will only, at least to my knowledge let you get one discount. I don't think there is any discounts specifically for run Disney. Now, sometimes they will offer discounted park tickets but you can't do that and free dining for example. And as far as the room discounts, they have been scaling them back greatly. I'm running in the Tower of Terror 10K and the room discounts were only part of the time we needed so we had to jump on free dining. And it actually ended the day we arrive so as long as you arrive during the period with free dining you get it for the entire stay. Not so with room discounts.
RunDisney Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:48 PM   #7
Luv2Run
Mouseketeer

I've never been able to score free dining discount since I usually go in February (on or after President's Day weekend), which is typically not when they offer it. So yeah, I'm thinking the military discount will be the one I shoot for. I'm thinking they're waiting to announce the 2015 rates after registration for the Princess HM opens tomorrow. I'm sure there will be a frenzy now that we know the 5K will be Frozen-themed.

Feb. 2011 - Offsite, June 2011 - Offsite/Contemporary, Feb. 2012 - Offsite/OKW, Nov. 2012 - All Star Music, Feb. 2013 - BLT/Offsite, Feb. 2014 - All Star Music
Next: Feb. 2015 - Port Orleans Riverside!
Luv2Run is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: