Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2014, 08:56 AM   #1
gannonfan
Earning My Ears

Parking Question

Thought this might be the best forum for this question. I'm staying at the CR and we have a party of 17 (parents 50th wedding anniversary!). We've made reservations for a portrait session one morning at Epcot and we were told to enter the park through the International Gateway (the back entrance). I have a car since we're driving down this time. My question is, can I drive and park in the parking lot for the Beach Club Resort? Will my parking pass for my resort let me park at any resort while we're there? Thanks!
gannonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:06 AM   #2
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

Your parking pass will let you park at any resort, but that's only supposed to be for dining, shopping, etc. at that resort, not for park entrance.

You have other options, though: 1) just park at the main EPCOT entrance and enter at the front. You can then walk to wherever the portrait session is.

2) Valet park at Beach Club (there is a cost for this). That allows you to enter EPCOT via the Intl. Gateway entrance.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2014, 09:23 AM   #3
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Resorts have signs all over stating parking at the resort is not for theme park access. So no. Pay to valet or park in the main lot.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:20 AM   #4
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by gannonfan View Post
Thought this might be the best forum for this question. I'm staying at the CR and we have a party of 17 (parents 50th wedding anniversary!). We've made reservations for a portrait session one morning at Epcot and we were told to enter the park through the International Gateway (the back entrance). I have a car since we're driving down this time. My question is, can I drive and park in the parking lot for the Beach Club Resort? Will my parking pass for my resort let me park at any resort while we're there? Thanks!
Parking at the resorts is not meant for theme park access. It is meant for those staying at the resort or using the amenities of that resort for a period of time.

You can most likely park Valet and leave your car there, but I would not count on being able to park for free at the Epcot resorts. They are often the strictest about the rules.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:37 AM   #5
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by gannonfan View Post
I would call whoever told you to enter through the International Gateway and ask them about the parking. It's possible they could make arrangements for you to park at Beach Club or Boardwalk. If no, you could valet park at either ($20). Or take a taxi, or bus to DHS and take the boat.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: