Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2014, 09:58 AM   #1
Fatima1922
DIS Veteran

Animal Kingdom Lodge Night Safari

For those who have stayed at AKL and have experienced the night safari, would you please share your experience?
Fatima1922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:42 AM   #2
esulerzy
Mouseketeer

Expensive but well worth it

We have been on the Wayama Safari 4 previous times and are going again in October. We love it! Having the ability to ask questions and get up close to the animals is a highlight. Of course, dinner at Jiko is amazing!!!!

I have the Disney Visa and use my reward points from that to pay for the safari - a win-win for us. That being said, I would also pay out-of-pocket for the evening - it's that good (IMHO).

I highly recommend the safari.

Pre-DVC:
Oct '96 through May '05 - POR; POFQ; CS; CBR; ASMo; ASMu; Sports; WL; Polynesian; Pop.
Sep '98 - Disneyland Hotel.
Feb '03 - Disney Wonder.

Post DVC:
Oct '05 - AKL/SSR; Jan '06 - SSR; Apr '06 - POFQ; Oct '06 - SSR; Jan '07 - SSR; Dec '07-Jan '08 - AKL; May '08 - HHI; Mar '09 - AKL; Apr '09 - SSR; Feb '10 - AKL; Nov '11 - AKL & DCL; Jan '12 - AKL; Nov '13 - AKL & DCL; Oct '13 - AKL

esulerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2014, 12:11 PM   #3
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

I'm pretty sure the OP was asking about the Night Safari as AKL, which is not the same as the Wanyama (Sunset) Safari.

To the OP, I haven't done the Night Safari, so I don't have any first hand knowledge. I looked into when I stayed at AKL in March of 2013. It sounded interesting, but I ultimately decided that I wanted to see how much I like night vision goggles first. They have night vision goggles that guests can use at one of the lookouts (by the pool) each night.

I've only seen a limited number of reviews for the Night Safari here on the Disboard. They've been kind of mixed; most folks said it was fun, but they weren't sure it was worth the cost. A couple of older review threads.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3221989
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:54 PM   #4
matt&jakesmom
DIS Veteran

If you are talking about night vision goggles that we did that a couple years ago. CM's were located behind the pool area and each person took turns with the night vision goggles (no charge) to look at the animals as they were either walking around or laying down. Personally I like to watch them during feeding time in the mornings.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:13 AM   #5
Fatima1922
DIS Veteran

THank you. Your attached disboard threads helped me make my decision. We will pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment_jii View Post
I'm pretty sure the OP was asking about the Night Safari as AKL, which is not the same as the Wanyama (Sunset) Safari.

To the OP, I haven't done the Night Safari, so I don't have any first hand knowledge. I looked into when I stayed at AKL in March of 2013. It sounded interesting, but I ultimately decided that I wanted to see how much I like night vision goggles first. They have night vision goggles that guests can use at one of the lookouts (by the pool) each night.

I've only seen a limited number of reviews for the Night Safari here on the Disboard. They've been kind of mixed; most folks said it was fun, but they weren't sure it was worth the cost. A couple of older review threads.
Fatima1922 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: