Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2014, 04:19 PM   #1
NoMoneyThanks2Disney
Earning My Ears

Breakfast: Crystal Palace or 1900 Park Fare?

My mother and I are going in September, and I made breakfast reservations at both of these restaurants. I've read that Crystal Palace has Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, and Piglet while 1900 has Mary Poppins, Alice, and The Mad Hatter for breakfast. I'm assuming that the breakfast buffet is the same at both? Can anyone confirm if this information is right? Also, what's the better experience? I'd love any and all opinions about both! Thanks!
NoMoneyThanks2Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:32 PM   #2
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoneyThanks2Disney View Post
My mother and I are going in September, and I made breakfast reservations at both of these restaurants. I've read that Crystal Palace has Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, and Piglet while 1900 has Mary Poppins, Alice, and The Mad Hatter for breakfast. I'm assuming that the breakfast buffet is the same at both? Can anyone confirm if this information is right? Also, what's the better experience? I'd love any and all opinions about both! Thanks!
The buffets are slightly different. If you go to allears.net, you will find the menus for both. I prefer 1900 Park Fare's food PLUS when we ate at 1900 Park Fare we saw Mary Poppins, Alice, the Mad Hatter, Pooh, Eeyore and Tigger! So you get to see more characters at 1900. I find 1900 to be less hectic as well.
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2014, 08:37 PM   #3
LadyRayado
Mouseketeer

We ate at 1900 Park Fare in March and only saw Mary Poppins, Alice, and Tigger. The food was good, but I'm not sure I'd go back.
'95 offsite, '96 Dixie Landings, '00 ASMu, '00 Dixie Landings, '02 ASMo, '03 ASMu, '05 ASMo, '13 MNSSHP and WWoHP, March '14 ASSp, 10th trip! - August '14 WWoHP/DA, October '14 MNSSHP POP/ASSp, December '14 MVMCP

LadyRayado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:10 PM   #4
tinkerbella16
DIS Veteran

I think they offer a lot of the same things but I'm sure there are different items at each. Most places have their signature items- Poohs Puffed French Toast at CP and the strawberry soup at 1900 Park Fare. We prefer CP. I love the buffet there and the characters. And you cannot go wrong securing an ADR at pre-park hours and getting in MK before everyone else and taking great pictures of an empty Main Street and hub! We always get an 8am ADR for this one.

tinkerbella16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:01 PM   #5
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

1900 PF is not only better than CP, it's IMHO the BEST character Buffet breakfast. As well.

CP to me was very crowded, not much room between tables,salty, lousy interaction....

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
DizDaD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:37 PM   #6
TinkerElsasMom
Mouseketeer

I think the great thing about CP is that it is inside the park and can be scheduled prior to park opening. Taking pictures on Main Street without being surrounded by tons of people is priceless. So I think if by here is a tie, that breaks it. At Least for me.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:13 PM   #7
tcherjen
DIS Veteran

I have only eaten at 1900 Fare, both breakfast and dinner, and really enjoyed the food. I would love to eat at CP before the park opens though.

medhdd8ds16 dd19
http://www.pinterest.com/tcherjen/
tcherjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:16 PM   #8
burberryplaid
Addicted to SOARIN's Orange Scent
Has an affinity for cupcakes
There's nothing like leaving all your cares behind you and getting to be 6 years old all over again!

The food is not 100% the same..each has it's own specialties (Crystal Palace has breakfast pizza and puffed French toast for example, while 1900 Park Faire has Strawberry Soup and Lobster Eggs Benedict)

Pooh & Tigger are usually at 1900 along with Alice, The Mad Hatter and Mary Poppins.

We enjoyed both breakfasts here but prefer Crystal Palace. We always have fun with the characters...love the food and love getting in to Magic Kingdom a little early for pics in front of the castle before the general public.

One thing I also did not like at 1900 was being forced to take a picture as we arrived and being guilted into buying it. I know that's my weakness..I buy the koolaid! That said Mad Hatter was awesome at 1900 but I still prefer CP and we eat there for breakfast I every trip.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: