Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2014, 09:40 PM   #1
Figment Mom
Mouseketeer

Beaches and Cream - keep or cancel?

I've made 3 different ADRs for Beaches and Cream and cancelled 2 of them and I still can't decide if it's going to fit into our trip.

I had it for a late lunch on our 3rd DHS day. Then the Frozen package opened and I booked that for that day. I don't want to do the dessert party on the same day as Beaches.

So I moved it to our 2nd DHS day. I have a Fantasmic! dinner package at Mama Melrose but I thought we could just do Fantasmic! on our first DHS day and cancel the package. But I like the idea of keeping the package just in case we don't make it to the show on the first night.

So then I moved our Beaches ADR to one of our Epcot days. I had been looking forward to taking the boat from DHS but it makes sense to go from Epcot so I scheduled it for a late afternoon right after our Maelstrom FP.

The thing is, we're really looking forward to sampling tons of CS food in World Showcase and Beaches just doesn't seem to work there for me, either.

So now I'm thinking of cancelling altogether. It's just that it sounds like a nice place and I wanted to try it. We wouldn't be getting the kitchen sink but probably a light meal and a sundae.

Otherwise it doesn't seem that we'll end up in that area at all and I did want to see Epcot area resorts.

Is Beaches and Cream a must-do for you? If so, where do you put it in your plans?
Figment Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:04 PM   #2
j&j620
DIS Veteran

I had the same problem for a while! I kept reading great things about it, but could never seem to work it in to our plans. Then last summer we decided to spend 2 park-less days at YC before our cruise and we FINALLY made it.

Honestly, I enjoyed our meal and thought the restaurant was adorable...but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there.

Have you thought about just going for dessert? An after park snack?

No ticker for me

June 2009 - Disneymoon Poly/Disney Wonder / August 2010 - Family trip POFQ
July 2011 - 2nd Anniversary/graduate school graduation trip WL / Nov/Dec 2011 - Christmas trip with the in-laws Poly
July 2013 - 4th Anniversary Cruise YC/Disney Fantasy / September 2014 - 5th Anniversary/10 day extravaganza GF
j&j620 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2014, 10:12 PM   #3
BUTTERHEAD1
Mouseketeer

I like Beaches and Cream and have eaten there at least a half dozen times but I wouldn't categorize it as a "can't miss". It is a burger joint with some good desserts nothing more. If you can fit it into your schedule then go for it but if you can't I wouldn't let it interfere with park time.
all star music JULY02 ------ All Star Movies Apr03
POR JULY04 -------------- Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
Pop Century APR 05 --------Pop Century AuG 05
Pop Century AUG 06--------Caribbean beach Aug 07
Pop Century Aug-08---------Pop Century Aug -09
Pop Century Aug-11---------Off Prop- Feb 12
Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---- off prop US/IOA March 13
POP Century Aug 13---------OFF Prop Feb 14
BUTTERHEAD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:12 PM   #4
Figment Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by j&j620 View Post
I had the same problem for a while! I kept reading great things about it, but could never seem to work it in to our plans. Then last summer we decided to spend 2 park-less days at YC before our cruise and we FINALLY made it.

Honestly, I enjoyed our meal and thought the restaurant was adorable...but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there.

Have you thought about just going for dessert? An after park snack?
Thanks for understanding my dilemma!

I have it scheduled for 4:30 and we may just do ice cream even then. I don't want to schedule anything too late because we plan to do rope drop every day and I'm afraid we're going to be exhausted and I don't want to be in the situation where we drag ourselves somewhere just so I don't lose the $20.

I've considered not having an ADR and just trying to grab a cone to go but I also like the idea of having a table.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:15 PM   #5
Figment Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTTERHEAD1 View Post
I like Beaches and Cream and have eaten there at least a half dozen times but I wouldn't categorize it as a "can't miss". It is a burger joint with some good desserts nothing more. If you can fit it into your schedule then go for it but if you can't I wouldn't let it interfere with park time.
Thanks. It seemed like a good option for a DHS day based on dining reviews of options in that park, but that's why it doesn't seem to be fitting into my vision for a day at Epcot.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:54 PM   #6
POTCfan
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I had opened my mouth and told my daughter about the kitchen sink before our last trip. I told her we could get it and then we ended up never going. I had the same problem as you in that it never seemed to fit with our plans. She was disappointed - so I told her next time. Our next time is in October, so I've booked my reservation. I think it works in well this time - it is our last day, and we are staying at Boardwalk, so we will be in the area.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:58 AM   #7
MegMac
Earning My Ears

I really like Beaches but not sure everyone else in my family does. They used to have a Rachel sandwich, which was a spin on a Reuben, so it was nice to have something different. The burgers are pretty great and the onion rings are too. At the very least stop by and get a milkshake...because those are WORTH the stop!
MegMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:02 AM   #8
BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM
DIS Veteran

Love the atmosphere, food is just okay..dessert yummy!!! This was the only restaurant that really made a big deal about our anniversary and brought us a balloon and everything so now it's special for me! It's a fun place and I just love any excuse to visit the Beach Club! Saying all that though..I'm not sure I would use a dining credit for it. We weren't on the dining plan. Have fun!
June 2009~2 week WDW-Cocoa beach extravaganza!/Windsor Hills
October 2010~Our 1st WDW MNSSHP/Windsor Hills
June 2012~ 2 week WDW(YES program)-Universal-Seaworld-Cocoa beach/Windsor Hills
June/July 2014~last minute 20th anniversary/4th July trip!!!
October 2014~MNSSHP and onsite at CBR!
BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:56 AM   #9
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you

It is not a place you should go out of the way for to have a light meal, especially if you have other food activities planned at Epcot.

Go here if you're hungry for hamburgers or want an ice cream blowout, but don't go just for the atmosphere (it's cute but it is very very small and nothing special if you aren't after specialty ice cream creations in particular). If you just want a milkshake you can get that from the carryout.
MakiraMarlena is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:48 AM   #10
Indio
DIS Veteran

I would cancel the ADR and just walk up if you decide to eat there. We go there almost every trip. Sometimes for a meal and sometimes just for dessert. We always sit inside and there are usually 7-8 of us. We just put our name down and wait for a table. We've never waited over 30 minutes, but we don't go at regular lunch/dinner time either. Go mid-afternoon or around 8.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:13 PM   #11
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

I would not overstress it. While fun, it's not a can't-miss in my book. We did do the kitchen sink on our last trip and it was a highlight for us But that was more about the massive amount of ice cream and the big production.

I've heard Girhadelli in DtD has better ice cream.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:19 PM   #12
jessicar82
Earning My Ears

It's decent food and a cute restaurant but like the others said I wouldn't go out of your way to eat there. We are staying at the Beach Club so I booked it for our first night to ensure we are back from MK early enough to get to bed at a decent hour!

My husband and I ate there for the first time during our visit (without kids) in March 2013 which was when it was walk-up and they didn't take reservations. We sat at the counter and enjoyed our food but service is slow there because they have to alternate between the dining in guests and people walking up for ice cream only.

Sept 2014-Beach Club Villas!
Sept 2013-Boardwalk Villas
March 2013-Saratoga Springs
Sept 2011-Pop Century
Sept 2010-Port Orleans Riverside
Sept 2009-All Star Movies
Feb 2008-Pop Century
Feb 2007-off site
jessicar82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: