Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2014, 12:20 AM   #1
Quasialamodo
Rescue Aid Society Member Since 86

I Made Cake!

Hello fellow cake fiends!

So a birthday tradition between me and my DH is that I make a unique cake for his birthday. Last year, I did a Settlers of Cataan themed cupcake set that mimicked the game itself. This year:

Do'h! That's right, it's a pink frosted double layer "donut" cake courtesy of Homer J. Simpson! The frosting on the outside is butterscotch. The cake is golden yellow and the inside frosting (giving the doughnut the look of depth) is dark chocolate. I just wanted to share and maybe make a few people hungry.

I will forever want Bernard and Bianca meet and greets and will always wonder why Jane and Meg weren't good enough to be princesses.

95- All Star Music
99/03- Disneyland
2015- Upcoming WDW Honeymoon
Quasialamodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:43 AM   #2
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Looks yummy!! I would love to see the Catan cake. My kids are really into this game. It might be fun to make for the RV.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2014, 02:33 AM   #3
Quasialamodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Looks yummy!! I would love to see the Catan cake. My kids are really into this game. It might be fun to make for the RV.
Hi! Actually, it wasn't a Cataan cake per se. It was individual cupcakes that made up the inner pieces (although I did use pretzel rods and granola bars to make the roads, houses, and robbers and the number token markers were halved golden oreos). The outside "sea border" were pieces of cake frosted with this nifty blue bubblegum mixture as well. Let me see if I can find the pic that does it mild justice (and they'll probably be huge knowing photobucket and how it doesn't give a gosh darn how it sizes things)....

I will forever want Bernard and Bianca meet and greets and will always wonder why Jane and Meg weren't good enough to be princesses.

95- All Star Music
99/03- Disneyland
Old 07-07-2014, 01:07 AM   #4
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Love it! I think cupcakes are great because of the tiles for the game. I'll be sharing this with the kids tomorrow, they will get a kick out of it.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:56 AM   #5
Quasialamodo

I hope they do! It was a lot of fun to make and such a great challenge! And that blue bubblegum mix-in for the vanilla frosting was actually really good!

95- All Star Music
99/03- Disneyland

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: