Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2014, 11:24 PM   #571
Monykalyn
Mouseketeer

Bummed to hear 1900 PF not feeling love-10 years ago it was our fave character interaction with our young DD-and we thought the food was good too. This year the girls are 10 years older (and DS is 8 and not into the characters) so we are doing somethings differently (no planned character dinners.) We do have ADR for Hollywood and Vine (part of Fantasmic! package) so will hope for best.
Mexico was our favorite place to hang and eat when in CP (admittedly it was a LOOOOONG time ago)

DH: me DD(17): DD(12): DS(8):
Monykalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:44 PM   #572
leighton
Earning My Ears

Concerned with all the bad reviews for Chef Mickey's!
leighton is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2014, 04:45 PM   #573
KimBean
DIS Veteran

Mama Melrose, Be Our Guest for dinner, trying lunch in Dec.

DH (38), ME (39), DD (14), DD (6)

1988 - Offsite, 1994 - Offsite, 1995 - Honeymoon (Offsite), 1996 - Offsite
2003 - Orange Lake Resort, 2007 - Orange Lake Resort, 2011 - Orange Lake Resort, 2012 - Summer Bay Resort

Upcoming 2014 - Coronado Springs Resort
KimBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 05:15 PM   #574
Tonyz
Mouseketeer

Chefs De France... worst meal I've ever had at Disney. Service wasn't too hot, either.

1999 - All Star Sports
2005 - Port Orleans Riverside
2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
2013 - Beach Club
2014 - Coronado Springs
Tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:24 PM   #575
handinpocket
DIS Veteran

I won't say I will NEVER eat there again, but had a bad experience at Nine Dragons this last trip.

We had a VERY inattentive server (which is almost unheard of at Nine Dragons, they usually dote on you). We sat without drink refills for over 30 minutes. When I reminded the server we STILL hadn't gotten refills she snapped "I know that, they will be here soon".

It took us another 30 minutes to get the bill. I honestly didn't want to talk to a manager because I didn't want the girl to lose her job, so I just left her a mediocre tip $4.00 on a 23.00 bill ( we only ordered hot and sour soups and jasmine tea).

The waitress ran me down outside and gave me my tip back, told me I needed it more than her. Oh heck to the no!! She messed with the wrong tourist. I waltz right back in that restaurant and asked for the manager and related the story. She immediately grabbed the waitress and demanded an explanation, the waitress started talking in Chinese. The manager covered the check and apologized profusely.

The whole thing just left a bad taste in my mouth. I suppose I will go back, because I love the hot and sour soup, but that kind of service is unacceptable at a waffle house, much less a WDW restaurant.
handinpocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:29 PM   #576
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Tony's Town Square
Old 06-28-2014, 08:56 AM   #577
edk35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by handinpocket View Post
i won't say i will never eat there again, but had a bad experience at nine dragons this last trip.

We had a very inattentive server (which is almost unheard of at nine dragons, they usually dote on you). We sat without drink refills for over 30 minutes. When i reminded the server we still hadn't gotten refills she snapped "i know that, they will be here soon".

It took us another 30 minutes to get the bill. I honestly didn't want to talk to a manager because i didn't want the girl to lose her job, so i just left her a mediocre tip $4.00 on a 23.00 bill ( we only ordered hot and sour soups and jasmine tea).

The waitress ran me down outside and gave me my tip back, told me i needed it more than her. oh heck to the no!! She messed with the wrong tourist. I waltz right back in that restaurant and asked for the manager and related the story. She immediately grabbed the waitress and demanded an explanation, the waitress started talking in chinese. The manager covered the check and apologized profusely.

The whole thing just left a bad taste in my mouth. I suppose i will go back, because i love the hot and sour soup, but that kind of service is unacceptable at a waffle house, much less a wdw restaurant.
omg that is crazy. Yikes!!!!

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

March 15 BCV/AKV Jambo Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
edk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:11 AM   #578
edk35
DIS Veteran

Dining in Disney used to be very good. We did a lot of the character meals. The places that have really gone down in our eyes are: Chef Mickeys, Garden Grill (that is off the list) Electric Umbrella (blech) Pecos Bills...used to be a place we would eat at least once. Last time was Aug. of last year. The toppings bar was a mess, and the food has really gone downhill. At HS.....the ONLY place we will eat at from time to time is Primetime and Mama Melrose although we have not eaten there in a couple of years.

Since we have been driving down for some of our trips and go in the summer we now take a break in the heat of the day a few times a week and get lunch off property.. We tend to do more CS meals now vs. spending 100-200 on less than stellar food at TS restaurants. In our opinion.....the dining experience at Disney has sadly declined.

The best breakfast buffet is at AK. We enjoy Liberty Tree at MK, and LeCellier at EC. We have a short list of faves now.

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

March 15 BCV/AKV Jambo Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
edk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:19 AM   #579
TheLittles
Mouseketeer

I have never been to a Disney place and not enjoyed the food. I like to consider myself a bit of a foodie being from New Orleans. Not sure if maybe I am just so enchanted with being at Disney that I don't notice mediocre food or if I have just been extremely lucky with my experiences. The only place that I might not go back is Rainforest Cafe. I just found their food "ok" and it is a little pricey. Their breakfast is seriously lacking IMO as well.

Sep 2014 Beach Club
November 2013 Polynesian/Wine and Dine 1/2Marathon
February 2013 Coronado Springs/Princess 1/2Marathon
February 2011 Fort Wilderness Cabins
September 2008 Downtown Disney Marriott
May 2006 Off grounds
February 2003 Animal Kingdom Lodge
February 1999 Dixie Landing
June 1999 Off grounds
June 1996 Off grounds
August 1993 Off grounds
August 1990 Off grounds (2 yrs old )
TheLittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:49 AM   #580
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I won't say I will NEVER eat there again, but had a bad experience at Nine Dragons this last trip.

We had a VERY inattentive server (which is almost unheard of at Nine Dragons, they usually dote on you). We sat without drink refills for over 30 minutes. When I reminded the server we STILL hadn't gotten refills she snapped "I know that, they will be here soon".

It took us another 30 minutes to get the bill. I honestly didn't want to talk to a manager because I didn't want the girl to lose her job, so I just left her a mediocre tip $4.00 on a 23.00 bill ( we only ordered hot and sour soups and jasmine tea).

The waitress ran me down outside and gave me my tip back, told me I needed it more than her. Oh heck to the no!! She messed with the wrong tourist. I waltz right back in that restaurant and asked for the manager and related the story. She immediately grabbed the waitress and demanded an explanation, the waitress started talking in Chinese. The manager covered the check and apologized profusely.

The whole thing just left a bad taste in my mouth. I suppose I will go back, because I love the hot and sour soup, but that kind of service is unacceptable at a waffle house, much less a WDW restaurant.
That has to be the WORST story about poor sevice I have heard!! Good for you for reportingit !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:11 AM   #581
Stbissell
Mouseketeer

Mama Melrose. Didn't get seated until 45 minutes after our ADR. They were hopelessly understaffed. Food was below that of Olive Garden. I felt bad for the server who was nice. She comped us Fantasmic tickets which was nice and she didn't have to do. My wife and I didn't complain and she did it anyway.

Anyway, I would never go there again but our service from our server was still good. I think a few servers must have either called out or got fired within a day. I can't explain the poor quality of the food.

Really, When it come to Italian in Disney the only really good place is Il Mulino which price wise would be on par with a two credit dinner. (We have never tried Portobella). We just decided to bag Italian in Disney and eat at some of the better steakhouses and American fare restaurants. We would def go back to Il Mulino but we got the DDDP for the next trip and Are dining strictly at Disney restaurants.
Stbissell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:33 PM   #582
dugarner
Earning My Ears

I had horrible food at Mama Melrose's when we went in 2012. I have a restricted diet and while I don't make special requests (usually), it isn't that hard to move things around so I can eat right. I couldn't there.

Is this post only about table service? Because if I get within twenty feet of Studio Catering and Sunshine Seasons I get nervous. Will never eat at either of those places again.
dugarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:59 PM   #583
PelletierBears
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Unbelievable!

Good for you for taking action ... although I wouldn't have left her $4 to begin with!

Along with some of the details of the bad food / service I wish people would mention if they talked to a manager and the action taken.

My "never again" is Chef Mickey's: Like others have said, unless you have a very early ADR it's a bit dirty and the food is underwhelming. Even though my kids are older now my DH is a big kid so I have to remind him every trip that we don't really like it there LOL

I'll also echo others with O'hana... poor / slow service, pace of the meal, etc Horrible burgers at Cosmic Rays. Totally not worth the money, time and calories. Tony's Town Square: Edible certainly but just bleh, again not worth the money, time or calories.

I haven't had a TS meal bad enough to send back (thankfully) but wouldn't hesitate... especially for the prices we pay at WDW!

1982 - offsite, 1996 - offsite, May 2001 - AKL, June 2006 - WL, June 2007 - WL, July 2008 - WL, June 2009 -Split stay: Pirate rm CBR & Poly Club Level!, December 2010 -Split stay: POP & WL, June 2012 - Split stay: CSR & WL, January 2014 - Split stay: AKL Club level & Poly, January 2015 - AKL Club level
PelletierBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:02 AM   #584
DisneyDawg2
Imagining the Unimagined

ABC Commissary... Food just doesn't taste right. Also, I was disappointed with the food in Cinderella's castle.

"If you can dream it, you can do it." -Walt Disney-
DisneyDawg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:09 AM   #585
OrangeKnickers
Mouseketeer

Biergarten was terrible. Hated the food, and the service was really bad. I was hoping the show would save it, but they were having sound issues, so it was hard to hear the band clearly, and their sets were very short. Definitely the worst dining experience at Disney.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: