Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2014, 08:34 AM   #16
PJ
Mouseketeer

Definitely not a place to go if you want to be able to talk. I'm not a fan of that type of entertainment, but an old classmate I hadn't seen in many years was in the area and wanted to go there. (not the place to try to have long conversations...)

I expected to enjoy the food, but the only 2 things I liked were the dessert (yum) and the brussels sprouts - which was surprising since I usually hate them!
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:09 AM   #17
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

I think it's the total package, and I eat very few TS at Disney.... great atmosphere, lots of fun, and GREAT food (I wanted to eat that cheese soup forever) Boma and Biergarten are my whole familys favorite places!
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2014, 10:01 AM   #18
DisneyFansInNYC
DIS Veteran

My DH loves Biergarten. We have a lot of fun. The girls get up and dance with him. We enjoy the food too.

Our 2013 Disney Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLSzd7LSuFc
DisneyFansInNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:21 AM   #19
jhaig
I'd bet you'd be hungry if we were having Tony-loaf

Going to try Biergarten for the first time in September. Is there a schedule for the entertainment during dinner?

2007 VWL 2009 VWL 2010 POR Riverside 2011 POR Riverside 2012 CR Concierge 2014 GF
jhaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:26 PM   #20
dkrauss
Goofy Fan from Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeA View Post
Haven't been since they converted. Do you still sit in "common tables"? We always had great conversations with others at our table.
We had dinner here in May 2013. The communal table was still in force and I agree it was a great experience. We're from NJ and sat with a family from Missouri. So much fun discussing our trips, Disney likes, and other things. As far as the food goes..........I'm a fan because I grew up with German food. Was it fine dining.......no........not meant to be. Was it good........most definitely. German cuisine can be heavy which some may not like. We also enjoyed the "flight of beers" great treat to try a group of different beers. I'm a not into the heavier/darker beers so I just traded them off with my sweetie who enjoys that style of beer. Music and dancing too..........great for the kids..... In the end it was a great time!!!

Doug
Old 07-05-2014, 04:23 PM   #21
JudyAL
Mouseketeer

We really like the Biergarten. The food isn't the best German food we've had, but we also lived in Germany and were able to experience some of the best. My husband loves the Schoefferhoeffer Weizen so it's a "must" on our dinner ADRs. Looking forward to eating there in a couple of weeks.

Dec 2001The Contemporary, Mar 2002Hilton Head, Oct 2002Grand Californian, Feb 2003Wilderness Lodge Villas, Aug 2011Shades of Green, Aug 2012Shades of Green, Aug 2013Shades of Green, Jul 2014Shades of Green and Wilderness Lodge Villas
JudyAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:42 PM   #22
Dizzytime
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaig View Post
Going to try Biergarten for the first time in September. Is there a schedule for the entertainment during dinner?
This is a great site, and seems to usually be as current as any:
http://wdwent.com/EPCOT.htm
Hope you have a great time!

Dizzytime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:43 AM   #23
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

If you are a Meat N Taters kind of eater, it's hard to beat Biergarten. My DH LOVED it!

I, OTOH, am a Hard Core Foodie and I found it moderately repulsive. :-)
Old 07-06-2014, 09:35 AM   #24
Lynnilou
Earning My Ears

We too, are looking forward to eating here in September. We always make a stop into Sommerfest and enjoy that!

Lynnilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:36 AM   #25
All Star Suzy
Earning My Ears

Biergarten is in my top 2 favorite Disney restaurants...My number 1 being 'Ohana! Someone said Biergarten is the "total package"...I couldn't agree more. The atmosphere, entertainment, seating, servers...all add so much to the total experience. My husband and I are BIG eaters...we love pretty much any and all types of food. We grew up eating "Bohemian" food, which is pretty darned close to German food. If you like dishes like chicken schnitzel (basically a chicken breast pounded very thin and breaded, served with a delicious gravy), spaetzle (sort of like tiny dumplings, also coincidentally served with gravy), red cabbage, sauerkraut, assorted sausages...you will like this place! There is so much more than that...roast chicken, roasted potatoes, always a couple of carved meats (usually one pork loin), meatloaf, all sorts of salads, delicious soup, pretzel bread and the list goes on. It's definitely heavy and comfort food. If you're looking for "fresh and light" this wouldn't be the place for you. I love it! And I love the *idea* of one of those big beers, but I never ever get one...saving all of my room for dinner!

All Star Suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 12:48 PM   #26
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran

DH's favorite eatery is Biergarden. The combo of great beer, great atmosphere, fun oompa band, good food and all around good time makes it a must do for us.

DD does not like the food so much, but enjoys the rest of the experience. She still finds plenty of eat.

May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
heidijanesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:58 PM   #27
PRomano
Mouseketeer

We went for the first time last week and really enjoyed it. My kids tried new foods. My youngest ate lots of pretzel bread. The table sat 8, we had 6. I was at an end. My dh, mother, and youngest ds enjoyed conversation with our table mates, a woman from Germany and her bf from Australia. She didn't speak English and he did. The servers were excellent and we had a fun lunch.
PRomano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:11 PM   #28
TravelMommy
Mouseketeer

Gross food, cute show

Sorry, but the food imho was just gross. All the food, even the desserts (seriously it is hard to mess up desserts!) They should of paid me to eat here and given me $$$ for pain and suffering. I didn't mind the communal seating, but we were sitting next to a group that apparently did not want to converse with others, or each other, awkward.... The show was cute, but seriously I cannot understand how people can like the food there. Thought food at Crystal Place and Chef Mickey's was light years better than this place, so we have done a few good buffets. To each his/her own, I wish I had the $$$$ we spent here back to have gone somewhere else! We won't EVER be back.
TravelMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:28 PM   #29
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelMommy View Post
Sorry, but the food imho was just gross. All the food, even the desserts (seriously it is hard to mess up desserts!) They should of paid me to eat here and given me $$$ for pain and suffering. I didn't mind the communal seating, but we were sitting next to a group that apparently did not want to converse with others, or each other, awkward.... The show was cute, but seriously I cannot understand how people can like the food there. Thought food at Crystal Place and Chef Mickey's was light years better than this place, so we have done a few good buffets. To each his/her own, I wish I had the $$$$ we spent here back to have gone somewhere else! We won't EVER be back.
Different strokes for different folks, because I have vowed to not eat at Chef Mickey's again due to the food choices, taste and the fact that I saw multiple people not getting a clean plate when they went up for more food. I even saw one lady at CM's put a rib (or something) on her plate (not a new one) and then take it off and put it back in the bin for someone else to take.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:48 PM   #30
Aurora0427
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by L&Lfan View Post
Biergarten-we enjoy the food and atmosphere but HATE the communal (table-sharing) seating. It's not a must-do for us every visit but we put up with the lousy seating every few years or so.
Ditto. Love the food and the atmosphere, but we dislike eating with strangers. My husband is very shy, so it's just awkward. But those pretzel rolls are worth it once every few years.
Aurora0427 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: