Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2014, 08:55 PM   #106
Jacoby 46
Run Disney in November!

My daughter and I will be there the first week of November and I can't wait!! I have never been to Food and Wine Festival before, so really looking forward to it! Staying at the Swan too, so easy to walk over! LOL
Old 07-01-2014, 09:24 PM   #107
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapgal123 View Post
So this is our first time going to the Food and Wine and we are celebrating my DD 21'st birthday. We have a large group of family and friends going and I am trying to think of favor ideas. I am going to be doing the group t-shirts. I was also thinking of individual trays, kind of like this:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stor...Jd-MBumrfD_BwE

Would this be useful?

Remember the wine glasses are not full size so you run a risk of the small plastic wine glasses falling through the holder. Personally these are too big for me to want to carry around.

Disney had a small square plastic one with a lip all around it that worked well last year

There is a picture of the Disney option here. http://diningatdisney.com/first-look...wine-festival/
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2014, 11:16 PM   #108
tiggerluvr
Mouseketeer

This may be a silly question, but this will be my first trip to WDW and we just happened to be coming during the Food & Wine festival! Yay for serendipitous timing! This isn't strictly a F&W question, but: how does evening EMH work at Epcot? I know that at the other parks they check to see if you are staying at an appropriate resort before you get on any rides...but there aren't a lot of rides at Epcot, at least not in the countries area, which is where we will be spending most of our time. Would we run into any problems trying to buy food or souvenirs if we were there during EMH? Do they actually try to herd people out if they are not eligible for EMH? I would love to stay on-site sometime, but this time we really have to use up our RCI timeshare week or we're going to lose it, so we'll be offsite.
DL 40th Birthday trip: Oct 2013 || DL last minute trip with friends: May 2013 || DL awesome Mother-Son blowout: Dec 2012 || DCL & DL Spring Break: Apr 2010 || DL Halloween: Oct 2007 || DL family reunion: Mar 2003 || DL DS's first trip: Mar 2002

tiggerluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:01 AM   #109
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia080979 View Post
Thanks. Do you know where to find the most update info as far as when things will be released? If it is this thread then I will stalk it (just like I did the SWW thread to get our Mark Hamill FP+) but if there is another site I should be following I will check them out as well.
This thread or the Disney Food Blog. There is a link on the first post of this sticky thread. Information should start being released on Saturday evening, July 19th.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:17 AM   #110
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerluvr View Post
This may be a silly question, but this will be my first trip to WDW and we just happened to be coming during the Food & Wine festival! Yay for serendipitous timing! This isn't strictly a F&W question, but: how does evening EMH work at Epcot? I know that at the other parks they check to see if you are staying at an appropriate resort before you get on any rides...but there aren't a lot of rides at Epcot, at least not in the countries area, which is where we will be spending most of our time. Would we run into any problems trying to buy food or souvenirs if we were there during EMH? Do they actually try to herd people out if they are not eligible for EMH? I would love to stay on-site sometime, but this time we really have to use up our RCI timeshare week or we're going to lose it, so we'll be offsite.
You won't be able to access any attractions if you're not staying at a Disney resort or a participating resort. I don't know about buying food but there will not be much open in the way of food. The Festival booths will not be open during EMH.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:03 PM   #111
tiggerluvr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
The Festival booths will not be open during EMH.
Ah, ok. That makes things clearer.
DL 40th Birthday trip: Oct 2013 || DL last minute trip with friends: May 2013 || DL awesome Mother-Son blowout: Dec 2012 || DCL & DL Spring Break: Apr 2010 || DL Halloween: Oct 2007 || DL family reunion: Mar 2003 || DL DS's first trip: Mar 2002

tiggerluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:37 PM   #112
Jay Kat
Earning My Ears

I like it! I may get some for us. We were always juggling so this would help. While not all great beverages come in wine glasses, but this would be great. Congrats to DD and to a Mom for surviving it!
Jay Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:50 AM   #113
beroh2253
Love Dixie Landings(POR)

We didn't get to go last year because we went to New Zealand for 2 weeks but this year I'm thinking the last week in October for us. I hope they still have those little steak filets the Canadian kiosk.

1978 July DTD Travelodge Our honeymoon,1995 Sept. Port Orleans, 1996 Sept. Dixie Landings (POR), 1997 Nov. Caribbean Beach, 1998 Nov. Dixie Landings (POR), 2000 June POR, 2001 June POR, 2002 June Animal Kingdom Lodge 2003 May POR 2006 Sept All Star Music (free DDP), 2007 Sept. POP (free DDP), 2008 June POP (DS grad from PENN), 2008 Sept. POP (free DDP), 2009 Oct. POP (free DDP pin), 2010 Oct. POR Riverside (Dixie), 2011 June POP & Aug POP, 2012 Oct. POP, 2013 New Zealand Trip no Disney this year, 2014 May, July , Oct & Dec
beroh2253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:20 PM   #114
ladyelenawf
Never too old to be treated like a Princess!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky_Pete View Post
No need for a debate...we all have our own foods (and beverages) we like and don't like. And they're not always the same. It's all good!

I was personally a little disappointed with the s'mores drink too. I really wanted to like it. I thought the concept was great! In the end, it just didn't do it for me. I think it wasn't as chocolately as I thought it would be.

If they have it again this year, I'll probably try it again. Like I said, I like the concept. Maybe the one I got just wasn't executed very well.

After having my first portion of the curry from Singapore, that I loved, I overheard a chef next to the booth, on his phone, telling the person on the other end that it didn't taste right. So, not everything is always the way it's supposed to be every time.
Thanks for being so nice!! While playing in other forums & pages I find that it's setting yourself up for attack to have an opinion. I love playing here! You are so right about things not always being correct each time. Oh, well!! Still happy to be in Disney. I'm really looking forward to reading about all the experiences that everyone will share about the F&WF. Since the pork belly is returning, I'm also fervently hoping the 3D party comes back!!!

I noticed some folks talking about the plates. I hope the link helps. These plates were only 8.25" & are $10.56 after the coupon code "FRIEND" 25% down form $14.10 for 50 of 'em. Depending on your luggage space, that's sounds like a plan. I can just have a new one everyday for everyone in my party & they won't take up much space in my bag.

LLT2 24OCT-09NOV WL & sharing WDW w/ fiancé 08-14 DEC 2014 SS
Crazy Christmas Tour 02-08Dec 2012 POR Princess Room!!, Ladies & Liquor Tour: 23Sep-06Oct 2012 AKL,
Dec 2010 Off Site, Feb 2006 AKL, May 1999 FW-C
ladyelenawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:30 AM   #115
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyelenawf View Post

I noticed some folks talking about the plates. I hope the link helps. These plates were only 8.25" & are $10.56 after the coupon code "FRIEND" 25% down form $14.10 for 50 of 'em. Depending on your luggage space, that's sounds like a plan. I can just have a new one everyday for everyone in my party & they won't take up much space in my bag.
Those are kind of cool! Looking into them myself now. They would be great around the house for carrying a little snack out to the patio too. And they are recyclable.

Again, the issue is the size of the wine glasses. I am sure they will fall through the opening. However... the beer glasses ought to fit nicely! There is the issue of shipping costs, though. To get them to my house in Virginia would cost over $11.00

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:04 AM   #116
spritna
Mouseketeer

i remember reading in the past that there has been hard ticket little parties at epcot in october on certain days. maybe like a wishes dessert party, not the new dessert party epcot now has. these parties also had prefered fireworks viewing. just thrown this out there in case anyone new anything about this....tia

spritna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:19 PM   #117
ladyelenawf
Never too old to be treated like a Princess!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Those are kind of cool! Looking into them myself now. They would be great around the house for carrying a little snack out to the patio too. And they are recyclable.

Again, the issue is the size of the wine glasses. I am sure they will fall through the opening. However... the beer glasses ought to fit nicely! There is the issue of shipping costs, though. To get them to my house in Virginia would cost over $11.00

WOW!! I didn't even check S&H. I don't know why, but I didn't realize the cup holder was hole. I thought it was just a section w/ a lip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritna View Post
i remember reading in the past that there has been hard ticket little parties at epcot in october on certain days. maybe like a wishes dessert party, not the new dessert party epcot now has. these parties also had prefered fireworks viewing. just thrown this out there in case anyone new anything about this....tia
You're so right! The 3D party is what I'm hoping comes back this year. Just no info about it yet. I loved having Sweet Seats!!!! There is also the Party of the Senses. Don't know if there are any others. OoOoOh...wouldn't it be great if Disney came out with something else!?
ladyelenawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:27 AM   #118
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritna View Post
There have been such things arranged as private parties, usually by various blogs or other Disney fan networks...Disney Food Blog does one. It is open to the public if you sign up through the sponsoring website, but this sort of event is not offered or sponsored by Disney.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:22 AM   #119
spritna
Mouseketeer

thanks

spritna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:46 PM   #120
minniemickeyfan
Earning My Ears

Subscribing!
minniemickeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: