Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2014, 05:15 PM   #1
pizza45
Earning My Ears

California grill for wishes with kids?

Would you recommend? We have never been, can you view wishes from every table or is there specific seating?
pizza45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:21 PM   #2
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza45 View Post
Would you recommend? We have never been, can you view wishes from every table or is there specific seating?
Realistically, Wishes can only be seen from a few window tables inside CA Grill. There is an outside viewing area where most folks go to watch the fireworks.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2014, 07:54 PM   #3
leebee
DIS Veteran

I think it depends on the ages of your kids and the time of the fireworks. California Grill is open for everyone, but it is a signature restaurant. There are always kids there, but dinner is a drawn out process (we are usually there for at least 90 minutes) and if your kids aren't patient or can't keep themselves calmly occupied, it could make for a hectic meal. Also, if Wishes is late (10pm), ask yourself if your kids will be happy sitting in a restaurant for a long while, waiting for the fireworks when they are tired from a long day at a theme park and possibly up past their bedtimes.

I am not saying that kids aren't welcome at CG- and I've seen far more well-behaved children than not- but only you know how much you want to put your kids though. One possible option would be to eat earlier at CG, more towards your kids' normal dinner time, and then come back to watch the fireworks from the outdoor deck; just bring your dinner receipt and they'll let you back in to watch the fireworks.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:26 PM   #4
wdwjeffc37
DisneyWorldFan

The Cali Grill is very accommodating for families. When we went at the beginning of June this year. Our server held up our entrees so that we could go out and watch Wishes. He knew exactly when to time everything so that after the fireworks we came back into the restaurant and got piping hot steaks just after we got seated. The view from the top of the California Grill is spectacular and the food was fabulous. It was the best meal we had on this trip. If you are finished before Wishes starts you can go back to the restaurant to watch if you have your receipt. Have fun!
Old 07-06-2014, 12:14 AM   #5
karenklo
DIS Veteran

I would agree with the poster about kids ages and how well they do being up. I have had meals there where the kids were great, well behaved and loved seeing the fireworks from the deck outside. And then one time where the young kids were clearly tired, needed to go to bed and were screaming and crying thru the fireworks. Only you know how they can handle it. The food was good, sushi was really good, and we love the view!
Old 07-06-2014, 06:46 AM   #6
Uncleromulus

DIS Veteran

To add that if you want one of the few window tables, you'll need to ask as soon as you arrive at the restaurant.

You might get lucky--but most likely not.

The view from the deck outside is just as good--your just not sitting down at your table
Vacation Club since 1992
Next trip-- Fantasy Cruise on 11/1 14!!
60 previous visits to WDW!!!
Uncleromulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:55 PM   #7
pizza45
Earning My Ears

Thanks!
pizza45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: