Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2014, 04:23 PM   #16
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryslick View Post
Well I'll be... You're right and I'm shocked given the number of long exposure tripod shots I see that I can tell are from shoulder height or higher. I wonder how strictly it's enforced because flickr is full of tripod shots and they don't all seem to have a low point of view. I'll have to start looking for a smaller tripod in case that is needed. Thank you for taking time to point that out!
I've seen many a gorillapod on top of a trash can...could be something near an answer for you.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:28 PM   #17
cmpeter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm hoping to shoot DL at night when it clears out more between 10-12.
Depending on when you go, it can/will still be pretty darn crowded after 10:00 pm.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2014, 05:30 PM   #18
dryslick
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpeter View Post
Depending on when you go, it can/will still be pretty darn crowded after 10:00 pm.
I'll probably find you are right in the summer months. It may be wishful thinking but I see these deserted shots of different areas and the time is somewhere past 11:00pm. I was hoping to get something but I'll need to take what I can get. Photoshop can take some people out as long as it's not too many.
dryslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:31 AM   #19
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

I believe some people put their tripods on top of trash cans or other existing surfaces for extra height.

Your backpack question seems to have been answered, but I will just confirm that I have carried my bag on every Disney ride without issue. It's one of the small details that I love about Disney!

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR - Aug/Sep 2014 RunDisney 10k DLR (DI&S & Portofino) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Sep 2015 RunDisney Half DLR PTR - 2016 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:24 AM   #20
dryslick
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibar138 View Post
I believe some people put their tripods on top of trash cans or other existing surfaces for extra height.
In looking at park photos, I'm "hoping" to setup on the edge of partners statue. I see a little ledge there. I might be able to use that. If not, I'll take what I can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibar138 View Post
Your backpack question seems to have been answered, but I will just confirm that I have carried my bag on every Disney ride without issue. It's one of the small details that I love about Disney!
Excellent!
Old 07-03-2014, 09:18 PM   #21
krispin41
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryslick View Post
In looking at park photos, I'm "hoping" to setup on the edge of partners statue. I see a little ledge there. I might be able to use that. If not, I'll take what I can get.

Excellent!
If it's the ledge I am thinking about, be warned that the Partners statue is in the center of a fenced off circle. Flowers surround the statue. I've never seen anyone inside the circle.

Link for picture:

http://img.groundspeak.com/waymarkin...9263ad7e88.JPG
krispin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:19 PM   #22
dryslick
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispin41 View Post
If it's the ledge I am thinking about, be warned that the Partners statue is in the center of a fenced off circle. Flowers surround the statue. I've never seen anyone inside the circle.
Oh that's even better. I'd rather be further away from the statue but (hopefully???) in front. I assumed I saw photos from that ledge. If the outer circle is the rope line, then I'm good with that. I've seen photos with the fireworks and the statue and a clear view with no one in front. Once we get there, I was planning on figuring out the real location I'd try for. I plan to get there early so we'll see.

Thanks!
Old 07-05-2014, 01:08 AM   #23
VicMom
Mouseketeer

In the past when I've brought my DSLR and my lenses (I just travel camera lighter now as it gets too heavy for me), I would use my camera knapsack for everything as it's well padded and I'd put a leg through each arm strap to make sure it was really secure and not banging around during any rides. Never any problems with any of my camera gear that way.
VicMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bag rule, bags, camera bag, rollercoaster, rsr

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: