Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2014, 04:43 PM   #1981
Vinicius
Earning My Ears

Smoking areas

Does anybody have a reliable park map with the new DSA's?

I can't find it anywhere. Some of DSA's at MK, for example, are gone.

I'm travelling in August and I have never visited WDW in crowded times.

I wonder if DSA's are too busy or if there's any sort of 'queue' to get in there.

Thanks in advance!
Vinicius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:07 PM   #1982
Myalyas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinicius View Post
Does anybody have a reliable park map with the new DSA's?

I can't find it anywhere. Some of DSA's at MK, for example, are gone.

I'm travelling in August and I have never visited WDW in crowded times.

I wonder if DSA's are too busy or if there's any sort of 'queue' to get in there.

Thanks in advance!
Just returned from 5 nights.

I am looking at the maps now and will try to help.

At MK, the DSA's are few and far between, and all are crowded. There is one to the right of the castle. The one in Adventure Land is across from Aloha Isle and next to The Swiss Family Treehouse. In Frontierland, there is one near the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The ones in Tomorrowland's are way back in the back. I don't think there is one in Fantasyland. Yep, pretty miserable at MK.

Hollywood Studios: After you come in and go to the left, at Echo Lake, there is one in front of Tune-In Lounge and 50's Prime Time Cafe. If you had gone right after entering, there is one down Sunset Blvd, near Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. There is one near The Great Movie Ride and not far from the Legend of Jack Sparrow and Walt Disney One Man's Dream. And the only other one I see on the map is in the Streets of America area, near the Studio Backlot Tour and High Octane Refreshments. I don't remember any of these as being crowded.

Animal Kingdom: One right before the entrance. Discovery Island: In the back at Pizzafari and it is well shaded and had lots of seats, not too crowded. Rafiki's Planet Watch area has one near the Wildlife Express Train. In Asia, there is one past Expedition Everest before crossing over to Dinoland. In Dinoland, the map shows one past Restaurantosaurus but looks way out of the way.

Epcot: Had the best DSA's. In Future World East, there is one near Mission Space. Future World West has one near the Imagination stuff. The World Showcase has several along the way. There are 2 on either side of Showcase Plaza, right after entering. One between Japan and Morocco, one near China, one near the International Gateway, near Phineas and Ferb, and there is one in Italy.

I can't remember exactly which DSA I was at but there were a LOT of non-smokers taking advantage of the shade and taking up room! One non-smoking couple with their 2 small children had camped out in a covered area with rocking chairs and complained about the smoke the entire time. The DSA was packed by the way and it was miserably hot that day too. They stayed there for over 30 minutes! I found that quite rude! I'm pretty sure it was the one at MK, near Thunder Mountain.

Non-smokers should stay out of the DSA's!!!

Universal is much better with their DSA's. They are shaded, some even had fans blowing to keep you cooled off! Plenty of seating!

Last edited by Myalyas; 05-27-2014 at 01:31 AM.
Myalyas is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2014, 04:16 PM   #1983
DisneyFaeriePrincess
Chocolate and Mickey, what else could be better.

Myalyas, there used to be one on the walkway between fantasyland and tomorrowland. It was nice because it usually wasn't very crowded, kinda out of the way and had some benches to sit. I don't think many people use that walkway, at least they didn't when we were there. If you get a chance, can you look at your maps and see if that one is still there? I think that would be the only one near fantasyland. Thank you so much!
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

DisneyFaeriePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:49 PM   #1984
LaurEm378
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFaeriePrincess View Post
Myalyas, there used to be one on the walkway between fantasyland and tomorrowland. It was nice because it usually wasn't very crowded, kinda out of the way and had some benches to sit. I don't think many people use that walkway, at least they didn't when we were there. If you get a chance, can you look at your maps and see if that one is still there? I think that would be the only one near fantasyland. Thank you so much!
Not Myalyas, but I can tell you that one was still there a couple weeks ago! (5/14-5/20) Crowds just depended on the overall crowd level each day. At busy times lots of people were standing around there, and a lot were passing through (and none of the people passing through made comments, which was nice). Another good one was to the right of the Space Mountain entrance--a large, sunken, shady spot lined with benches.

DSAs seemed to be most plentiful in Epcot. Not many in HS but the most convenient was directly to the left of the Chinese Theater if you're looking at it head-on.

I'll be there in August too, and I'm wondering how crowded these spots will be!
LaurEm378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 05:49 PM   #1985
DisneyFaeriePrincess
Chocolate and Mickey, what else could be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurEm378 View Post
Not Myalyas, but I can tell you that one was still there a couple weeks ago! (5/14-5/20) Crowds just depended on the overall crowd level each day. At busy times lots of people were standing around there, and a lot were passing through (and none of the people passing through made comments, which was nice). Another good one was to the right of the Space Mountain entrance--a large, sunken, shady spot lined with benches.

DSAs seemed to be most plentiful in Epcot. Not many in HS but the most convenient was directly to the left of the Chinese Theater if you're looking at it head-on.

I'll be there in August too, and I'm wondering how crowded these spots will be!
Thank you! We usually go in September so crowds aren't usually too bad! I love the one by Space Mt! Probably my favorite, shady and it's out of the way so you don't get any dirty looks or comments!
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

DisneyFaeriePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:56 AM   #1986
ryckpen
Earning My Ears

Good Morning this is by far the best map.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/gu...smoking-areas/
ryckpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:56 AM   #1987
ryckpen
Earning My Ears

Last edited by ryckpen; 06-13-2014 at 07:58 AM. Reason: double post
ryckpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:06 PM   #1988
BelleBarb
Earning My Ears

Thank you to everyone for all the info. We are taking our first trip ever to WDW in Sept. and thanks to all this info. I booked us at Pop as it looks like it has the most DSA's of the value priced resorts according to the maps.
Should we ask for a room near a DSA when we arrive or call ahead? Or are they near enough regardless that we don't need to ask?
BelleBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:06 AM   #1989
pookadoo77
Mouseketeer

Thank you for this thread! I always find the nicest ppl to chat with at the DSA's! I may bring my electronic cig too, are they against using these in outside areas? Thanks!

Me, DH, Mom, DS 10, DS 9, DS 3

(Upcoming) Disney World Summer 2015, Universal Studios Orlando 2013, Universal Studios Orlando 2011, Disney World 2010,
Disney World 2007,Universal Studios Orlando 1996, Disney World 1992, Disney World 1989 (performer), Sea World Orlando 1988 (performer),Disney World 1987 (performer), Disney World 1982
pookadoo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:04 AM   #1990
Texas lady
Mouseketeer

Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villas

Does anyone know where the "DSA" are? Tried to look at maps, can't find the Treehouse Villas!

Thanks in advance
Old 07-03-2014, 02:17 PM   #1991
Orph
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryckpen View Post
I was completely unaware of the map..thank you!

Now I dont have to be cranky and ruin the magic!
Old 07-27-2014, 07:13 AM   #1992
TinkerbellsMom0923
DisneyFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleBarb View Post
Thank you to everyone for all the info. We are taking our first trip ever to WDW in Sept. and thanks to all this info. I booked us at Pop as it looks like it has the most DSA's of the value priced resorts according to the maps.
Should we ask for a room near a DSA when we arrive or call ahead? Or are they near enough regardless that we don't need to ask?
I love POP!
There are a few smoking areas but some rooms are a hike to them. I'd ask for a room near one when you get there. My favorites there are by the lake. Have fun! We'll be there in September as well but a Boardwalk.
TinkerbellsMom0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:29 PM   #1993
TeachGeekLove
Earning My Ears

I just wanted to share a story from my first trip to WDW in 2001. Back then, it was ok to smoke in the parks and there were designated smoking areas. On one particularly hot day, some smokers had parked themselves in their area behind the Tavern restaurant (forgive me, I don't know the actual name). They obviously just wanted a few minutes to themselves to relax. But, come on, this is WDW. My friends and I were taking a short cut through the area when suddenly Peter Pan (and what I assume were his handlers) jumps into the area, runs around the walls above the smokers, and crows at them. I thought it was absolutely hilarious because he got zero response from them. He jumped down and ran away, like any mischievous boy that refuses to grow up.
TeachGeekLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:37 PM   #1994
rubberbootbunny
Mouseketeer

I just found the best smoking maps ever. In the MDE phone app if you go to the guest services tab there is a touch bar for designated smoking areas. And you can sort it by location.

rubberbootbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:59 PM   #1995
LetsTalkWDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas lady View Post
Does anyone know where the "DSA" are? Tried to look at maps, can't find the Treehouse Villas!

Thanks in advance
Seems like there are about 30 DSA's in and around the Treehouse Villas

On the map at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/gu...smoking-areas/

go up and to the left of the Sarasota Springs Spa & Resort in the Downtown Disney Area Resorts

1979 Off Site | 1984 DLH (ca) | 1989 TDL | 1997 Dixie Landings | 1998 CBR | 2000 CS | 2003 BC | 2005 GC (ca) | 2007 PC | 2013 BWI | 2015 CR

LetsTalkWDW is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: