Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-29-2014, 10:17 AM   #1
Tequilamamacita
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 132

Question Charter Options St. Maarten St Thomas

We are a party of 4 adults and three kids. Looking to private charter but everything seems to cap at 6. Has anyone worked with a boat they would reccomend that would accomodate our group?
Tequilamamacita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:22 PM   #2
princessmommyx3
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 239

We have booked Top Secret Private Excursions for our upcoming stop in St. Martin and they allow at least 8 people, maybe more. They have been great to work with so far, although I obviously cannot personally vouch for their services yet. They have excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. They also give a discount for paying in cash the day of which I prefer to do anyway as I have had tour operators fraudulently charge my card before.

We have Second Wind Charters booked for our stop in St. Thomas. Their website says they only take 6 people, but you could email them and ask anyways, especially since some of yours are children.
princessmommyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-29-2014, 04:17 PM   #3
Tequilamamacita
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmommyx3 View Post
We have booked Top Secret Private Excursions for our upcoming stop in St. Martin and they allow at least 8 people, maybe more. They have been great to work with so far, although I obviously cannot personally vouch for their services yet. They have excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. They also give a discount for paying in cash the day of which I prefer to do anyway as I have had tour operators fraudulently charge my card before.

We have Second Wind Charters booked for our stop in St. Thomas. Their website says they only take 6 people, but you could email them and ask anyways, especially since some of yours are children.
When is your trip?
Tequilamamacita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:24 PM   #4
princessmommyx3
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 239

Oct 26 on the Magic.
princessmommyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:58 PM   #5
kimerinc
Ariels Mom
 
kimerinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,761

We chartered through Disney Signature and I think I could take up to 9 or 10.
__________________
1994 RCCL 3 Day, 1998 Princess 7 Day Western Carribean, 2000 RCCL 10 day Hawaii, 2005 RCCL 6 Day Western Carribean, 2006 DCL 7 Day Double Dip, 12/8/2007 Eastern Carribean, 2009 DCL Panama Canal Crossing, 2010 DCL Alaska, 2011 DCL Alaska
Disneyland 1992, 1994, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 twice. Disneyworld, 2002, 2006 (feb), 2006(dec), 2011, 2012, 2013
kimerinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:23 AM   #6
gfyjny
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 81

How much do top secret charge for charter service? We are a group of 10, six adults and four children. I was looking at them for our excursion option but wasn't sure how expensive they would be.
gfyjny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:06 AM   #7
princessmommyx3
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 239

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfyjny View Post
How much do top secret charge for charter service? We are a group of 10, six adults and four children. I was looking at them for our excursion option but wasn't sure how expensive they would be.
I booked back in January and at that time it was $330/hr for up to 8 people, and $150/passenger after that. This includes open bar, BBQ lunch cooked on the boat, snacks throughout the day, snorkel gear, jet boat for water sports. Another 15% will be charged for gratuity, and 5% extra if you want to pay by credit card instead of cash the day of.

We are booked in the off season (late October) so I am not sure if the price would be higher during the busy seasons (summer & holidays).
princessmommyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:37 AM   #8
RedSox68
DIS Veteran
 
RedSox68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,637

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmommyx3 View Post
I booked back in January and at that time it was $330/hr for up to 8 people, and $150/passenger after that. This includes open bar, BBQ lunch cooked on the boat, snacks throughout the day, snorkel gear, jet boat for water sports. Another 15% will be charged for gratuity, and 5% extra if you want to pay by credit card instead of cash the day of.

We are booked in the off season (late October) so I am not sure if the price would be higher during the busy seasons (summer & holidays).
do they also offer the option that if there are only 3 of you, you can be grouped with others to fill the quota? I don't want to pay $330/hr for three people! Thanks
__________________

Nov. 2000 -- Disney Wonder -- 4-night Bahama; Nov. 2002 -- Disney Magic 7-night Caribbean; Aug. 2004 -- Disney Magic 7-night Caribbean;
Aug. 2005 -- Disney Magic 14-night Panama Canal; Aug. 2006 -- Disney Wonder 10 night Southern Caribbean; Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic 10-night Mediterranean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic 14-night Transatlantic; Aug. 2008 -- NCL Pride of America -- 7-night Hawaiian & Vow Renewal; Oct. 2009 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
July 2010 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days covering the West; May 2011 -- Disney Dream -- 4-night Bahama
June 2011 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days finishing the West and South!
May 2012 -- HAL Zaandam -- 7-night Alaska cruise/12 night cruisetour (thus completing our 50th state!)
August 2013 -- Carnival Glory -- 4-night NYC to St John, NB
Sept 2013 -- HAL Eurodam -- 10-night Colors of Canada/NE Cruise from Quebec to NYC
Dec. 2014 -- Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern with San Juan port (our platinum cruise & 4th Disney ship!)
August 2015 -- Royal Princess -- 12-night British Isles Cruise R/T from Southampton

January 2016 -- Wonder 7-night Southern Caribbean out of San Juan; February 2016 -- Wonder 5-night Repo from San Juan to Miami
RedSox68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:48 AM   #9
princessmommyx3
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 239

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSox68 View Post

do they also offer the option that if there are only 3 of you, you can be grouped with others to fill the quota? I don't want to pay $330/hr for three people! Thanks
I'm not sure, you would have to email him and ask. Another idea is to try & find people on your cruise meet thread who might be interested in going with you.
princessmommyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:02 PM   #10
orion2185
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 244

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimerinc View Post
We chartered through Disney Signature and I think I could take up to 9 or 10.
The Disney signature boat for St. Maarten can take more than 10 people.

We have inquired for a group of 30...and everyone could fit
I think up to 80 people on this boat

Of course the pricing is not the same
You have to speak with DCL excursion manger and they will work out the pricing for your group size.

Do note that it's not a per person price
So it's not as simple as them looking at your guest count and telling you a price. If number of guest changes even by one person...the whole thing has to be priced out again. And we can tell you that one person can easily make a huge difference in price. Not a simple deduction or addition of xx of dollars per guest

Adults and kids are charged at different pricing as well

There are a couple extra options you can add as well
You can upgrade your lunch options for extra cost
And upgrade booze offerings

You can also add extra hours for extra cost

Again it's not simple for them to give you a price. Nor can they price these extras as a separate fee. It's all in one package
So if you want to explore your options and know pricing for each scenario...Disney will fight with you. Just be persistent with them and you can get them to quote you a number of options.



our bid for 30 guest was under $6,000 (25 adults and 5 children)
With upgrade sandwich lunch to a BBQ lunch
Think we also added more time as well

Let us know if you want to know more or need any help
orion2185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
private charters



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.