Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2014, 10:29 AM   #1
Mommee
DIS Veteran

Toy Story Mania

Hi! Two questions:

Do all the carts at the wheelchair loading area of toy story mania have the push button shooter thingie? I've always had one but didn't know if it was luck or what...
I need the push button in order to actually play the game, but I transfer out of my chair (so far at least!) so I don't need the accessible vehicle. We're a family of 6 so there's always been two carts loading for us; if it's every other one I've likely just headed to the one with the push button without noticing. They always ask if I can transfer; I've never been asked if I need the push-button shooter.

So, do I need to tell them that I need that specific cart, or are they all like that? I am guilty of not paying attention!

Also. MIL will be joining us on our next trip. She wants to avoid any roller-coaster type rides or "anything that goes fast or is bumpy". AFAIK neck is ok outside of normal age-related degeneration. Opinions on if the whipping around the corner will bother her? Joint wise I expect she'd be ok as long as I warn her to keep her head back..
Mommee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:15 AM   #2
Anton Ego
Earning My Ears

No they do not. I believe only one of the carts has the push button. The others have the rope pull thingy. The cart with the button is the fully convertible cart that can accommodate a large motorized wheelchair. My son, who has cerebral palsy, loves the cart with the push button as he gets a much more competitive score with his siblings that way.

me DW Valerie DS Danny and the twins Dylan and Katie

DIS Dad's Club Member #599

Anton Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2014, 03:35 PM   #3
Mommee
DIS Veteran

Thank you! I will be sure to request it then. I would be so bummed to not get to play!
Mommee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:21 PM   #4
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

This is a little hard to explain, but there are 2 ride cars in each pod.
The pod that usually comes to the accessible boarding area holds only 6 people.
The first car has only a front seat because the rear of the car makes into a ramp for a wheelchair to be rolled in. When used for a wheelchair, they convert that car by removing half of the front seat.
When not in use for a wheelchair, the seat is in the car and has seats for 2 people.
The other car in the pod has 2 rows of seats do it can seat 4. If you are in a car with no back seat, you are in the wheelchair accessible car. It will Ólways be the first car in the pod.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:12 AM   #5
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

I would simply request the car with the push-button shooter. This is your need, & it is important to you.

Enjoy!
Old 06-28-2014, 11:08 AM   #6
JenniBugInPink
Nobody has seen them since 1984

I learn so much here!! My hands are somewhat disfigured from the RA, and even tho' I love TSM, have had a terrible time with that pop gun string thingy. I never imagined there was a choice available! If there aren't any folks that are using the car when we're there, I think I'll ask. I could push the button with my non-dom hand, which I can't do with the pull thingy.

I love the DIS (and the DISers, of course). Thanks especially to SueM, who knows EVERYTHING there is to know!
JenniBugInPink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: