Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2014, 06:56 PM   #16
LoveSplashMountain
Mouseketeer

I don't know about UK, but the last time we went my daughter was 9. She is a big meat eater, and the kids menu would not work for her (especially since our other daughter was 11 and counted as an adult and could get WHATEVER she wanted). When we considered booking at a value and upgrading the quick service dining plan to the regular one, we would have had to pay both for upgrading to the regular dining plan from quick service and for upgrading my 9 year old to an adult. But when we booked at a moderate, we were able to list her as a 10 year old and did not have to pay an upgrade fee. I booked over the phone so it wasn't an issue. Don't know if that helps, but my 9 year old got the adult dining plan for free that year (as part of the free dining promotion)!

Me DH DD13 DD11
LoveSplashMountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:14 PM   #17
Joules1111
Gearing up for 3 y/os first Disney Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakiraMarlena View Post
If you're in the US you can call and change your child's age to 10. if they give you a hard time, then call back and ask someone else. You won't be able to do it at the desk when you check in, though.
Thanks for posting this. I was searching for info yesterday because my 5 year old loves to order non-kid friendly meals (prefers Indian food to chicken nuggets). The first person I called actually said I would need to add an additional male to the reservation and then use those food credits for my son. That seemed odd so I called back this morning and the customer service rep aged my son up to 10 and added a note on my account so we could switch his age back to 5 if we'd like.

To the OP, I'm not sure if this applies to you as you are out of the country, but it did work for me this morning.
Joules1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: