Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2014, 02:22 PM   #1
tengquen
Earning My Ears
 
tengquen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10

Hot Sauce Options on Fantasy?

I know this is an odd question and I know my wife would laugh if she knew I was asking this, but I am wondering if anyone knows if you can get hot sauce in the restaurants and if there are more options besides Tabasco?

I happen to use hot sauce at every meal and if DCL doesn't offer it I will gladly bring my own

Any chile heads out there know the answer to this?
__________________
Future Cruise
Disney Fantasy: October 10th, 2015. Eastern Caribbean.

Past Cruises
Carnival Victory: April, 2008
Royal Caribbean Oasis: March 2010
tengquen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:05 PM   #2
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled
 
jdb in AZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,027

They usually have salsa by the omelet stations. That's at the Cabanas buffet.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-24-2014, 04:09 PM   #3
Justacruiser
Military Veteran
 
Justacruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,774

The sauce provided on board is kind of a Pace thickness and taste. I would ask your server or head server to have it on the table each night. I am sure they accomodate. They might even come up with something better.
__________________
Total: 22 DCL Cruises / Total Nights on Board: 119 / Favorite Ship: Magic

2014 - 4 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 1-Fantasy, 1-Magic
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

Magic-7, Wonder-5, Dream-7, Fantasy-3
3 Day Cruises = 4, 4 Day Cruise = 7, 7 Day Cruises = 9, 8 Day Cruises = 2, B2B Cruises = 4, Grand Slam (4 ships 1 year) = 1 (so far)

Upcoming Cruises:
(23) 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy - 12/14
(24) 7 Night Fantasy - 10 Hawaii - Disney Wonder 2015
Justacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:58 PM   #4
ImprovGal
No animals were harmed in the making of the dinner
 
ImprovGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,396

Tabasco and (mild) salsa is readily available in the dining rooms and buffet. Palowill provide you a dish of chili flakes if requested.
On the Classic ships I've sometimes (but not consistently so) had a server who would bring me sambal oelek from the crew galley. I just bring my own bottle of sriracha now as my own travel insurance.
I only sailed once on the Fantasy and IIRC I didn't bother asking if they could get the sambal as I had brought my own.
__________________
ImprovGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:24 PM   #5
tengquen
Earning My Ears
 
tengquen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10

Thanks!

Thanks for the info everyone. Based on your responses I will just need to add hot sauce to my packing list
__________________
Future Cruise
Disney Fantasy: October 10th, 2015. Eastern Caribbean.

Past Cruises
Carnival Victory: April, 2008
Royal Caribbean Oasis: March 2010
tengquen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:37 AM   #6
huskydogg
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 85

If you like spicy flavors, consider this. On the Fantasy in Feb 2013 we had sat down for breakfast at Enchanted Garden. My wife asked for salsa to go with her omelet and the server asked if she wanted salsa from a jar, or if she wanted the chef to whip up something nice that he promised she would like. She agreed to the surprise and 5-10 mins later he brought out the most delicious and fresh pico de gallo mixed with a really nice and spicy chili oil. It was really amazing. We couldn't stand to waste any of it so finished it off even after the omelets were done. Not quite the same as hot sauce but still the same kick with some more exciting flavors.
__________________
huskydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:50 AM   #7
TXDCLfan
Other cruise lines did it first, Disney did it right!
 
TXDCLfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Highland Village Tx.
Posts: 1,489

Quote:
Originally Posted by tengquen View Post
I know this is an odd question and I know my wife would laugh if she knew I was asking this, but I am wondering if anyone knows if you can get hot sauce in the restaurants and if there are more options besides Tabasco?

I happen to use hot sauce at every meal and if DCL doesn't offer it I will gladly bring my own

Any chile heads out there know the answer to this?
If you are on a Western most of the port shops carry a variety of El Yucaateco brand sauses
__________________
13 DCL cruises 2002-2014
8 CCL cruises 2005-2012
7 WDW trips 1998-2005
TXDCLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:15 AM   #8
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you
 
MakiraMarlena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Temperate zones, tropic zones, no parking zones
Posts: 4,768

If you ask they should be able to supply Tabasco. You can even ask the servers if they can get you sambal, because the crew galley has it. If you want anything else, bring your own or buy some in port.
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:44 PM   #9
tengquen
Earning My Ears
 
tengquen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskydogg View Post
If you like spicy flavors, consider this. On the Fantasy in Feb 2013 we had sat down for breakfast at Enchanted Garden. My wife asked for salsa to go with her omelet and the server asked if she wanted salsa from a jar, or if she wanted the chef to whip up something nice that he promised she would like. She agreed to the surprise and 5-10 mins later he brought out the most delicious and fresh pico de gallo mixed with a really nice and spicy chili oil. It was really amazing. We couldn't stand to waste any of it so finished it off even after the omelets were done. Not quite the same as hot sauce but still the same kick with some more exciting flavors.
Thanks for this. That sounds awesome and it doesn't hurt to ask so I definitely will
__________________
Future Cruise
Disney Fantasy: October 10th, 2015. Eastern Caribbean.

Past Cruises
Carnival Victory: April, 2008
Royal Caribbean Oasis: March 2010
tengquen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:45 PM   #10
tengquen
Earning My Ears
 
tengquen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDCLfan View Post
If you are on a Western most of the port shops carry a variety of El Yucaateco brand sauses
Yeah that makes sense. I will be Eastern but I bet I could pick up some in port. Good call
__________________
Future Cruise
Disney Fantasy: October 10th, 2015. Eastern Caribbean.

Past Cruises
Carnival Victory: April, 2008
Royal Caribbean Oasis: March 2010
tengquen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:47 PM   #11
tengquen
Earning My Ears
 
tengquen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakiraMarlena View Post
If you ask they should be able to supply Tabasco. You can even ask the servers if they can get you sambal, because the crew galley has it. If you want anything else, bring your own or buy some in port.
You just made me remember that the last cruise I went on had Sambal. I forgot about that. I'll be sure to ask if that is available! I'm not a huge Tabasco fan for some reason but if that is the only option it is always better than nothing
__________________
Future Cruise
Disney Fantasy: October 10th, 2015. Eastern Caribbean.

Past Cruises
Carnival Victory: April, 2008
Royal Caribbean Oasis: March 2010
tengquen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:48 PM   #12
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
always let your conscience be your guide
Gotta love popcorn!
 
jiminyC_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 15,465

My husband loves hot things and he dislikes tabasco as well. You are not alone, LOL. Personally, if you really like yours, I would pack it. He doesn't like the ones in ports either. Too vinegary, if that's a word.
jiminyC_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:13 AM   #13
TXDCLfan
Other cruise lines did it first, Disney did it right!
 
TXDCLfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Highland Village Tx.
Posts: 1,489

Quote:
Originally Posted by tengquen View Post
Yeah that makes sense. I will be Eastern but I bet I could pick up some in port. Good call
There are also some good Caribbean sauces on the Eastern cruises
__________________
13 DCL cruises 2002-2014
8 CCL cruises 2005-2012
7 WDW trips 1998-2005
TXDCLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.