Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2014, 12:18 PM   #1
davidmolliesmum
i must resist chocolate... i must resist chocolate....

Cool PIF.... upgrade?

just PIF; wondering should i upgrade to verandah; from large porthole room... whats peoples thoughts on rooms?? has anyone had the "verandah with whitewall" rooms and is it worth the extra?what area of the ship is best for views?
September 2014; Disney Villa & 1st DisneyCruise,September 2013; Southern Dunes, August 2012: Southern Dunes, September 2011: Southern Dunes, September 2010 All Star Sports, June 2009: Kissimmee, June 2008: Southern Dunes, June 2007: Pop Century and Wedding!
Me DH DS10 DD8

davidmolliesmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:50 PM   #2
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmolliesmum View Post
just PIF; wondering should i upgrade to verandah; from large porthole room... whats peoples thoughts on rooms?? has anyone had the "verandah with whitewall" rooms and is it worth the extra?what area of the ship is best for views?
What DCL cruise? 3/4/7 days the longer it is the more likely you will use that verandah a heck of a lot.

Verandah with a whitewall is good still a verandah just not flexiglass at bottom if your standing you do not notice any difference.
Disney Fantasy 8/11 and 8/18 2012 back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
Disney Magic Eight cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 and 15 night Panama crossings, and 7 night Caribbean cruises.
Over 14 Previous cruises, including Disney, RCI and Princess.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2014, 03:05 PM   #3
NYStuckey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
My family and I have stayed in Rms. With and with out verandas as well as portholes and no view. To be honest our favorite rooms have been with the portholes. We were so busy through out the cruise that we barely used the verandah !

NYStuckey DISBoards
NYStuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:13 PM   #4
TinknPink
2150 kilometers from WDW

go for it!!

i have only cruised twice but with verandah's both times (full plexiglass) and can't imagine not having one. We spend a lot of time out there first thing in the morning with a coffee and then again at night with a cocktail. We find it very relaxing and exciting. Its really cool to wake up early in the morning when we are pulling up to an island or castaway cay and watch us dock. Also a great place to put the wet bathing suits etc (attached to the chair of course)
I see you are coming from a long way for this so go for it!!!

TinknPink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:05 PM   #5
krlilienthal
Earning My Ears

All a matter of personal choice, we have sailed in porthole rooms and verandah rooms, my wife could careless, i prefer, and since i do the booking, we end up in a verandah room, i agree with a previous poster, i love the early morning and late evenings with the quiet, personal space listening to the ocean.
krlilienthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:52 PM   #6
davidmolliesmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinknPink View Post
i have only cruised twice but with verandah's both times (full plexiglass) and can't imagine not having one. We spend a lot of time out there first thing in the morning with a coffee and then again at night with a cocktail. We find it very relaxing and exciting. Its really cool to wake up early in the morning when we are pulling up to an island or castaway cay and watch us dock. Also a great place to put the wet bathing suits etc (attached to the chair of course)
I see you are coming from a long way for this so go for it!!!
think i will just go for it!! yes we are coming a long way; but only a 3night cruise with the remaining 3 weeks being at disney/universal. i love the idea of sitting out with a coffee or cocktail while the kids sleep
thanks for everyones advice!

one more question; when i go to change my room type; i choose 6b and i cant choose a room number; what does GTY mean??
September 2014; Disney Villa & 1st DisneyCruise,September 2013; Southern Dunes, August 2012: Southern Dunes, September 2011: Southern Dunes, September 2010 All Star Sports, June 2009: Kissimmee, June 2008: Southern Dunes, June 2007: Pop Century and Wedding!
Me DH DS10 DD8

Old 06-25-2014, 01:59 PM   #7
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
think i will just go for it!! yes we are coming a long way; but only a 3night cruise with the remaining 3 weeks being at disney/universal. i love the idea of sitting out with a coffee or cocktail while the kids sleep
thanks for everyones advice!

one more question; when i go to change my room type; i choose 6b and i cant choose a room number; what does GTY mean??
GTY means that a certain percentage of that category have sold and that you can no longer choose your room. You will be assigned a 6B or better a couple of months before your cruise. You will get at least the 6B that you paid for but you may be upgraded.
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:04 PM   #8
davidmolliesmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweis View Post
GTY means that a certain percentage of that category have sold and that you can no longer choose your room. You will be assigned a 6B or better a couple of months before your cruise. You will get at least the 6B that you paid for but you may be upgraded.
ah ok! thank you for the quick response
Me DH DS10 DD8

Tags
porthole, room, upgrade, verandah, view

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: