Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2014, 07:08 AM   #1
Stinkerbell1973
DIS Veteran

FANTASTIC Bartender on the Magic - Hadi

The title of the thread says it all. Just off the Magic this past Saturday around the Mediterranean and hubby and I totally loved Hadi who managed the bar at Keys.
Does anyone know his last name??? He's from Indonesia.
TIA!

Oct 08, Oct 09, Sept 10, Feb 11, Sept 13, Sept 14 - Ft. Wilderness | Mar 11 - All Star Sports | Sept 11 - Pop Century
Dec 11 - Christmas at Fort Wilderness | Feb 12 - Coronado Springs | Oct 12 - Paradise Pier (Disneyland) | Dec 12 - Port Orleans French Quarter | Dec 13 - Caribbean Beach

Disney Fantasy - Apr 2013, Eastern Caribbean
Disney Magic - May/June 2014, Mediterranean

Girl's Weekend! - Yacht Club, Nov 2014
Thankful to be going back to the Fort! - Fort Wilderness, Thanksgiving 2014
Reunion with friends from UK we met on our Med cruise - Apr 15
Stinkerbell1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:14 AM   #2
DISGRL13
Earning My Ears

Good to know! We will be on the Magic in July and will have to go see Hadi! Thanks for the post!! Any other people/places/ or things that stood out on your cruise that you can recommend? Thanks!
DISGRL13 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2014, 07:25 AM   #3
Stinkerbell1973
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISGRL13 View Post
Good to know! We will be on the Magic in July and will have to go see Hadi! Thanks for the post!! Any other people/places/ or things that stood out on your cruise that you can recommend? Thanks!
DISGRL - he is awesome! We met him on our first day at the Promenade Lounge during a meet & greet for our cruise FB page. We walked into Keys after dinner the next night....he remembered my name and what I ordered (a simple glass of champagne) and we went back to see him every single night after we dropped DD off at the Oceaneer's Club after dinner. He was incredible. Tim works in there too and he was also super nice.

Other things that stood out...um, everything! It was the most incredible trip ever. The ports are outstanding and the crew on the ship was awesome as well. We had Sana and Joy in the dining room, they were super nice and helpful.

What itinerary do you have in the Med? I'll pull my thoughts together (so very jetlagged right now, and came home with a cold) and send them to you. In the meantime, feel free to ask me any questions you have.

Oct 08, Oct 09, Sept 10, Feb 11, Sept 13, Sept 14 - Ft. Wilderness | Mar 11 - All Star Sports | Sept 11 - Pop Century
Dec 11 - Christmas at Fort Wilderness | Feb 12 - Coronado Springs | Oct 12 - Paradise Pier (Disneyland) | Dec 12 - Port Orleans French Quarter | Dec 13 - Caribbean Beach

Old 06-09-2014, 10:05 AM   #4
DISGRL13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkerbell1973 View Post
DISGRL - he is awesome! We met him on our first day at the Promenade Lounge during a meet & greet for our cruise FB page. We walked into Keys after dinner the next night....he remembered my name and what I ordered (a simple glass of champagne) and we went back to see him every single night after we dropped DD off at the Oceaneer's Club after dinner. He was incredible. Tim works in there too and he was also super nice.

Other things that stood out...um, everything! It was the most incredible trip ever. The ports are outstanding and the crew on the ship was awesome as well. We had Sana and Joy in the dining room, they were super nice and helpful.

What itinerary do you have in the Med? I'll pull my thoughts together (so very jetlagged right now, and came home with a cold) and send them to you. In the meantime, feel free to ask me any questions you have.

Hope you recover quickly from the cold and the jet lag!

We are doing the 12 day cruise with Villefrance, Florence, Rome, Athens, Turkey, Mykonos and Malta. We have done other Disney Cruises, but never the Mediterranean before.

Was it exhausting with the long excursions? Did you do the Rain Forest by any chance in the SPA? Did you tour in Barcelona before the cruise? If so any sights or restaurants you can recommend?
Thanks for any insights you have!! Feel better!
Old 06-09-2014, 01:13 PM   #5
Stinkerbell1973
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISGRL13 View Post
Hope you recover quickly from the cold and the jet lag!

We are doing the 12 day cruise with Villefrance, Florence, Rome, Athens, Turkey, Mykonos and Malta. We have done other Disney Cruises, but never the Mediterranean before.

Was it exhausting with the long excursions? Did you do the Rain Forest by any chance in the SPA? Did you tour in Barcelona before the cruise? If so any sights or restaurants you can recommend?
Thanks for any insights you have!! Feel better!
Thanks...as the day goes on, I feel worse and worse!

I honestly worried about the long excursions making us too tired. We have a 9 1/2 year old daughter and I was most worried about her. We struggled to get her out of bed a couple of mornings.
However, most of the excursions are so far away from the port (i.e., Florence is a ~2 1/2 hour drive) that we got to take naps on the way and in between cities. I remember when I first read about the ports being so far away and thinking that was a royal waste of time, but in the end I was very thankful for that time to rest. We are an active family that's always on the go...but this trip is just GO GO GO so between that and the time difference, it's a lot to take on.
I truly hope that you are flying in at least one full day before you sail and if not, that you seriously consider it. (although I am sure you've already purchased airfare).
I did not go to the spa or Rainforest...simply not enough time. I did the Rainforest on the Fantasy last year though and loved it!
There's a restaurant in Villefranche we had lunch at and it was awesome...I'll have to get the name for you later this evening. We also had lunch at a place called Oibo in Florence and it was outstanding as well. And our lunch on the Amalfi Coast/Pompeii excursion was just incredible...and will ask the hubby for the name of that place (although it doesn't appear you are cruising there based on your response).
We did a 7 night that included your first 3 stops along with Naples. We HEAVILY considered the 12 nighter as we really wanted to see Ephesus in Turkey and Athens....but decided on the 7 night instead. Hard to say we "regret" not booking the 12 night because the one we did was simply incredible!

Old 06-09-2014, 06:43 PM   #6
DISGRL13
Earning My Ears

We will make the most of the drives into the cities....resting up! Good to know. I think 12 days will be exhausting. I am glad the sea days will break it up a little.
Thanks for the restaurant recommendation for Florence. We do not go to Naples, but I have heard it is wonderful.

Were your tours with Disney or private tours? We are doing some of both.

We are getting to Barcelona two days early to adjust to the time difference. I want to tour Barcelona too so if you have any suggestions of any places we should see or restaurants there we should stop at that would be great.

Thanks so much!
Old 06-24-2014, 07:36 AM   #7
Stinkerbell1973
DIS Veteran

Hello again. My apologies for the lengthy delay!

The name of the restaurant in Villefranche we at lunch at is Carpaccio. You can't miss it if you walk around in the port. It's near the small beach area and has bright yellow awnings out front. We really enjoyed it.

All of our tours were Disney tours except for Rome. There was/still is a very active Facebook page for our cruise, and one of the families booked a private tour of Rome and allowed a handful of us to join them. It made ALL the difference! I highly recommend a private tour of Rome/Vatican City if you can. Also, I super highly recommend that you check before hand to determine if the Pope will be giving addressing the public audience the day you are in Rome as it significantly impacts traffic all over Rome, and getting to/out of Rome as well. The day we were there, traffic was a nightmare....it took us over 2 hours to get back to the port and several folks missed the boat due to the traffic. Nothing to worry about, just plan for it. Also, if the Pope will be in the Vatican, I recommend that you see Rome in the morning and the Vatican in the afternoon unless you specifically want to see the Pope. We wanted to attend the address, but with such limited time we had to make the hard choice of planning for that another time.

The Disney tours were great. We did the "Scenic French Riviera Tour" in Villefranche, Florence/Pisa in La Spezia and the Amalfi Coast tour & Pompeii in Naples. All totally fantastic!

Old 06-24-2014, 06:17 PM   #8
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Hadi is the best barman .. In fact the whole Keys team of Hadi, Tim, Nuna and Wayne (Wayne came back to the UK on 7th June though for holiday) were the best.
We spent a week with them in the first Med of this season and as we didn't leave the ship, we got to know them pretty well. We provided them with British chocolate and sweets and they provided us with perfect service.
Can't wait to seem them again in Sept .. Minus Hadi unfortunately as he will be back home with his family.
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:31 PM   #9
Stinkerbell1973
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bats View Post
Hadi is the best barman .. In fact the whole Keys team of Hadi, Tim, Nuna and Wayne (Wayne came back to the UK on 7th June though for holiday) were the best.
We spent a week with them in the first Med of this season and as we didn't leave the ship, we got to know them pretty well. We provided them with British chocolate and sweets and they provided us with perfect service.
Can't wait to seem them again in Sept .. Minus Hadi unfortunately as he will be back home with his family.
Mic or Joa?? It's Holly!! (as in, dragged you over from Twitter to the FB page)
I SOOO wish I had gotten Hadi's last name. Russell and I are considering booking another Magic cruise SPECIFICALLY because of him.
Hope you guys are doing well.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: