DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2014, 05:08 PM   #91
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY
 
Lorilais_mommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Where it is cold!!
Posts: 2,683

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisLadyPA View Post
Congratulations! Ours closed and recorded the same day, but we are still waiting to see points. You just gave me renewed hope!
Same UY?
Could that be what's hung it up?
__________________
ME & DH DD (6) london (inf.)

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:13 PM   #92
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY
 
Lorilais_mommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Where it is cold!!
Posts: 2,683

I'm soo happy that it's done and over with..
This thread was the only thing that help me keep my sanity..
I could always look and say while I'm only on day 60 so I'll give it 10 more day before I lose it..

I did start to freak out at the end, cuz I read somewhere that a note should have been added with closing docs.
Stating that we were "adding on" and not new members..
I was told by our agent it really is not needed b/c we filled out the current member page before we sent to ROFR..
Still go my heart racing tho..

Hope my time line helps everyone..

I had no hang ups, problem with docs or sellers.. So I feel it a good estimate of what you can expect if everything goes smoothly
__________________
ME & DH DD (6) london (inf.)

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-28-2014, 11:15 AM   #93
genia11
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7

Long wait!

The agony of the wait is horrible!


Timeline so far is as follows (Fidelity and First American Title)

Mar 4th made offer
Mar 5th offer accepted
Mar 7th received contract via email
Mar 12th sent to ROFR
April 9th passed ROFR
Apr 17th received closing docs
Apr 21st closing docs and payment sent via courier
Apr 23rd closing docs and payment received by First American Title
May 21st seller finally returns the closing docs and contract is closed
May 29th deed is being processed at the Comptroller's Office


Total time so far: 86 days

I was informed by Fidelity and First American Title that deed registration can take up to 2 weeks and that Disney will take another 2 weeks to send us the final package...

I am not sure if what I am experiencing is the norm or the exception... regardless, I will be happy when it is over.

Last edited by genia11; 05-29-2014 at 01:27 PM.
genia11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:01 PM   #94
ITALIANANGLO69
Rob
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: San Jose,CA
Posts: 29

Disney service standards

Reading all your posts, I'm a little disappointed that DVC doesn't have the same quality of service as the the rest of the Disney hotels and parks.
There really shouldn't be any reason why it would take them 30-60 days to process ROFR and send out the estoppel documents.
ITALIANANGLO69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:42 PM   #95
Millionaire2K
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Norristown PA
Posts: 218

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITALIANANGLO69 View Post
Reading all your posts, I'm a little disappointed that DVC doesn't have the same quality of service as the the rest of the Disney hotels and parks.
There really shouldn't be any reason why it would take them 30-60 days to process ROFR and send out the estoppel documents.
There is a reason, they want you to buy direct... the end. I mean no other reason is needed. Disney runs the show.

PS. My resale buy was 63 days from offer to points being added to my DVC account.
Millionaire2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:56 PM   #96
ITALIANANGLO69
Rob
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: San Jose,CA
Posts: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millionaire2K View Post
There is a reason, they want you to buy direct... the end. I mean no other reason is needed. Disney runs the show.

PS. My resale buy was 63 days from offer to points being added to my DVC account.
That is true, but we will be the ones paying their maintenance fees for the next 40yrs. They should still improve the resale customer experience better. If you can close a home purchase in 21 days, timeshares should be at least the same timeframe.
ITALIANANGLO69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 12:33 AM   #97
Millionaire2K
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Norristown PA
Posts: 218

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITALIANANGLO69 View Post
That is true, but we will be the ones paying their maintenance fees for the next 40yrs. They should still improve the resale customer experience better. If you can close a home purchase in 21 days, timeshares should be at least the same timeframe.
I totally agree. We should not be looked at as 2nd rate customers. But I do understand the delay with transfer Vs. Direct.
Millionaire2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:33 AM   #98
ITALIANANGLO69
Rob
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: San Jose,CA
Posts: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millionaire2K View Post
I totally agree. We should not be looked at as 2nd rate customers. But I do understand the delay with transfer Vs. Direct.
when i've called the 800# to check to see if my new member number is in the system, ive had some downright rude operators. I have 2012 points expiring in July so im kind of anxious to at least get in the system.
ITALIANANGLO69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 05:20 PM   #99
Millionaire2K
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Norristown PA
Posts: 218

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITALIANANGLO69 View Post
when i've called the 800# to check to see if my new member number is in the system, ive had some downright rude operators. I have 2012 points expiring in July so im kind of anxious to at least get in the system.
Yeah that's uncalled for. I'm glad my DVC guide was totally understanding when I told him I was going resale. He even called me to congratulate me on the points being added to my account.
Millionaire2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:02 PM   #100
GOOFY D
DIS Veteran
 
GOOFY D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Louisiana, USA
Posts: 905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millionaire2K View Post
Yeah that's uncalled for. I'm glad my DVC guide was totally understanding when I told him I was going resale. He even called me to congratulate me on the points being added to my account.
I have never heard from my guide once since I decided to go resale.
__________________


1988 - Polynesian * 1995 - Carribean Beach * 1996 - All Star Sports * 1997 - Candy Cane (Disneyland) * 1998 - All Star Music * 1999 - Contemporary * 1999 - Contemporary * 2000 - Disney Wonder /Coronado Springs * 2000 - All Star Sports * 2001 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2002 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2003 - All Star Movies * 2004 - Disney Magic (Eastern-San Juan) * 2006 - Contemporary * 2006 - Coronado Springs * 2007 - All Star Sports/Animal Kingdom Lodge * 2008 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2009 - All Star Movies * 2010 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2011 - All Star Sports * 2012 - Disney Fantasy (Western) * 2013 - Animal Kingdom Villas-Kidani * 2013 - Bay Lake Tower * 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
GOOFY D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:06 AM   #101
Millionaire2K
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Norristown PA
Posts: 218

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOFY D View Post
I have never heard from my guide once since I decided to go resale.
Give him a call and ask him how he's doing.
Millionaire2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:09 PM   #102
DanenRox
Disney Junkies
 
DanenRox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Warren, Rhode Island
Posts: 1,306

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I've been so patient but now I can't resist asking for advice...we are existing members who closed another resale contract. The date on the comptroller's site is 6/18. This contract has the same use year as our exisiting contract, when might I see points added to our account?
DanenRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:27 PM   #103
Millionaire2K
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Norristown PA
Posts: 218

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanenRox View Post
I've been so patient but now I can't resist asking for advice...we are existing members who closed another resale contract. The date on the comptroller's site is 6/18. This contract has the same use year as our exisiting contract, when might I see points added to our account?
Should be by Friday.
Millionaire2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:22 PM   #104
DanenRox
Disney Junkies
 
DanenRox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Warren, Rhode Island
Posts: 1,306

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millionaire2K View Post
Should be by Friday.
Hey, thanks!
DanenRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:29 PM   #105
DanenRox
Disney Junkies
 
DanenRox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Warren, Rhode Island
Posts: 1,306

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millionaire2K View Post
Should be by Friday.
They arrived today!
DanenRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: