Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2014, 08:43 PM   #16
JenniBugInPink
Nobody has seen them since 1984

Please don't let folks discourage you. I think it's great that you want to try this on your own, and if you think you can handle it, it's your decision. You are the one who knows your limits AND your capabilities. If Disney is where you need and want to be (it is for me!), then so be it.

Just remember when things start to get hairy to use all the things that your know have worked for you in the past. I don't remember who it was who posted the idea about note cards, but it was a very good one. When I get flustered, I tend to have problems with memory, and I've learned to write everything down. The more frantic I get, the further away the information I need seems to go. Panic can be that way, so if your write down things that help you cope, even the simple things (breathe more slowly, sit down, look up or focus on x,y or z, whatever works for you), then even the act of going through those cards may help some.

Remember too that you can always start heading toward the first aid area if something should start to happen in the parks, though it sounds like you feel pretty comfortable with that. I think the wheelchair idea will REALLY take care of the airport, and with DME, I bet you'll sail through check-in. Online check-in probably will speed things up.

I may have missed it, but where are you staying and when in Oct.? We'll be at Kidani Sept. 27 - Oct. 5th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicornshoes View Post
I'm afraid I don't have much advice but I don't see that anybody has mentioned this. Do you have a portable charger? That way you don't have to worry about being in the parks all day or wherever and having your phone die, especially if you need to use it to make a call/text to family or friends to calm yourself.

Depending on the price, portable chargers can last through quite a few phone re-chargings and can be small enough fit in your purse.

Hope this helps!
This was a BRILLIANT idea!! We're going to get one cause my iPhone burns through its battery like a demon, but I would never have thought to suggest it, and I'm sure that if I went alone, I would really want my phone working!! So smart!!
JenniBugInPink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: