Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2014, 02:36 PM   #31
akaler2010
Mouseketeer

We are going during Halloween week and are SO excited! It's our first time and DH is very much a foodie, so this should be really fun!
akaler2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:12 PM   #32
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival “Taste Your Way Around The World” Sneak Pre

Information was released today for the TIW Preview Party.
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2014, 05:39 PM   #33
purplekicks
Earning My Ears

I decided to make my first visit to Disney World a 4 day solo trip to the Food and Wine Festival! I am too excited!

I'll bring the kids next year.......
Old 06-18-2014, 06:04 PM   #34
chrisc88
Mouseketeer

We are attending again this year. my mother surprised me with a trip for my birthday!!!

chrisc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:02 AM   #35
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzinner View Post
Information was released today for the TIW Preview Party.
thanks Zin, it's in the first post now. July 19. It seems they have moved that up a week as well. So maybe the booking date will move up a week which will put it about August 5 (it's usually a Tuesday).

This is usually where the event schedule is released, at least for the special events. We don't get the seminars and demonstrations until later. There will be tons of media there, so info should get out fast.

Some of it may trickle out before then, too.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:24 AM   #36
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
thanks Zin, it's in the first post now. July 19. It seems they have moved that up a week as well. So maybe the booking date will move up a week which will put it about August 5 (it's usually a Tuesday).

This is usually where the event schedule is released, at least for the special events. We don't get the seminars and demonstrations until later. There will be tons of media there, so info should get out fast.

Some of it may trickle out before then, too.
Welcome! Yes, that's what we're thinking too, everything a week earlier.

I'll be looking for DisneyFoodBlog and AllEarsNet updates on the night of July 19, since I won't be attending this year.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:37 AM   #37
BlackPearl695
Mouseketeer

Coming to WDW the last weekend of the festival with my DH & DS. We have never been to the festival. Not sure I understand it all. I've looked at the sight info and still have some questions. Since we were not planning on the festival when we booked our trip, we don't have a budget for any of the things that require reservations this trip. What can we do and see there as first timers without a plan?
January 2014 ~4th trip to WDW - Coronado Springs
July 2014 ~5th trip to WDW - All Star Sports
November 2014 ~6th trip to WDW - Port Orleans Riverside
BlackPearl695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:05 AM   #38
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl695 View Post
Coming to WDW the last weekend of the festival with my DH & DS. We have never been to the festival. Not sure I understand it all. I've looked at the sight info and still have some questions. Since we were not planning on the festival when we booked our trip, we don't have a budget for any of the things that require reservations this trip. What can we do and see there as first timers without a plan?
The link to the Disney Food Blog on the first post will give you a very good overview of what is available at the festival. If you do not want any reservations for anything, you will be likely to only concentrate on the World Showcase kiosks and maybe some of the Festival Center items. We don't have the particulars for 2014 yet, but there are detailed reviews of 2013 on that site, including photographs. That will give you a better idea of what you might want to do than anything.

If you are on a budget, make sure you review the prices of the kiosk items.

You will probably need reservations to do any of the special events, although if one interests you, you can ask at Guest Services day of if there are still spaces for it - and maybe grab a no-show at one of the venues, that's not always possible but sometimes it works. The reservations for the events are not refundable so it cuts down some on no-shows, but it still happens.

There's also the Eat to the Beat concerts at the America Gardens Theater in Epcot, there will be 3 separate sets by one artist or group each evening of the festival, we dont' have exact times yet, list of the 2014 artists is in the first post of this thread.

Last edited by TDC Nala; 06-19-2014 at 10:12 AM.
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:28 PM   #39
JustLikeMe
Earning My Ears

What are the crowds likely to be like the last two days of the festival? We get in on Sat 8th of November and plan on dedicating the majority of Sunday and Monday to the festival - would like to know what sort of crowds to expect and if one evening is likely to be busier than the other!
JustLikeMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:31 PM   #40
bcarey2k
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLikeMe View Post
What are the crowds likely to be like the last two days of the festival? We get in on Sat 8th of November and plan on dedicating the majority of Sunday and Monday to the festival - would like to know what sort of crowds to expect and if one evening is likely to be busier than the other!
On that Saturday, they won't be as bad as Sunday. The wine and dine half is that night. Sunday will be packed. On a scale of 1-10, it will be a 10.

The following Monday, the actual last day will be less crowded.

Brian

Wine and Dine 2014
Avengers 2014
bcarey2k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:37 PM   #41
TanJDis2014
Mouseketeer

At the festival booths am I able to ask for things without sauces or other parts of the dish? I'm allergic to eggs and am worried the portions are already pre-made or that the CMs will get annoyed at my requests.
Advice? Thnx
TanJDis2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:38 PM   #42
ampersand
Mouseketeer

When does the menu list usually come out for F&W anyway?
ampersand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:41 PM   #43
TanJDis2014
Mouseketeer

I have an egg allergy and will likely need to request no sauce on some dishes at the festival booths, is this possible? Are the portions already premade? Will CMs get annoyed with this request?
Thanks in advance!
Old 06-19-2014, 07:50 PM   #44
TanJDis2014
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanJDis2014 View Post
I have an egg allergy and will likely need to request no sauce on some dishes at the festival booths, is this possible? Are the portions already premade? Will CMs get annoyed with this request? Thanks in advance!
Sorry for double post...oppsy
Old 06-19-2014, 09:08 PM   #45
FeralCatRogue
Mouseketeer

Some stuff is premade and warming, but most stuff with sauce the sauce was added at the end. If its like last year some booths, you order then you walk up to window and its already ready and waiting.
"This is somewhere Rogue thought of as home..." "You don't think of yourself as Rogue?" "Sometimes. Sometimes not. She’s in here. Somewhere...She can barely make herself heard. Too many voices. Most of them shrieking or pleading. She’s trying - but she’s not holding together all that well’" Rogue and Sam, UXM #200
FeralCatRogue is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: