Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2014, 10:56 PM   #76
Svhadden
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaza View Post
And yes, when I'm paying upwards of $5-10k to take my family on vacation--I have no problem shelling out $5-$7 bucks so my child can experience the excitement of walking into a bakery, smelling that intoxicating aroma, and picking whatever her little heart desires out of a bakery case!
^^^This. We eat a very specific diet when not at WDW. Gluten free, dairy free, no artificial food dyes, flavors, sweeteners, and on and on. We (obviously) relax those standards while on vacation, but eating gluten/dairy free isn't an option for my son, it's a necessity.

Also, we don't do processed foods, so no sugar. We use local raw honey as our sweetener. As a general rule, we don't really eat cookies, cakes, doughnuts, etc at home.

So….when we visit WDW every year, my son absolutely LOVES being able to walk into Babycakes and pick out whatever.he.wants. I'll shell out whatever I have to to finally--FINALLY--not have to tell him no baby, I'm sorry but you can't have that.

I do so hope they continue to offer their products, or open at another location. We survived Disney before Babycakes, and we'll survive it again without. But, for us, Disney is better with .

Always dreaming about our yearly September trip .
Svhadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:35 AM   #77
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

I just thought I would add my recent email exchange info for those that are interested.

I emailed babycakes to ask if they have expanded the locations where they are selling their bakery items as currently there is nothing available in the MK area. I also asked if I could have a delivery to our resort, NOT a dining venue.

They currently do not have any items for sale in the MK area. They do sell items at AOA, BW Bakery, POP, AKL, BC, and AK allergy kiosk. They will deliver cakes to most WDW dining reservations. They also said they will deliver to WDW hotels too! I specifically asked if they could deliver not only cakes but also cupcakes, brownies and cookies to resorts as well and the response was YES

I am very excited about this as we are going to place 2 orders. I am ordering a birthday cake and brownies for delivery to the GF on our arrival day. I am then placing a second order of brownies, cupcakes and cookies for delivery on our departure day so that we can take them with us to PBH for the second half of our vacation at Uni.

I really do hope they get another storefront when DTD is finished but at least they are still providing their allergy friendly sweets to those of us who cannot take our families to the "normal" bakeries.

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Grace&Carolinesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2014, 11:29 PM   #78
stackyallred
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post
I just thought I would add my recent email exchange info for those that are interested. I emailed babycakes to ask if they have expanded the locations where they are selling their bakery items as currently there is nothing available in the MK area. I also asked if I could have a delivery to our resort, NOT a dining venue. They currently do not have any items for sale in the MK area. They do sell items at AOA, BW Bakery, POP, AKL, BC, and AK allergy kiosk. They will deliver cakes to most WDW dining reservations. They also said they will deliver to WDW hotels too! I specifically asked if they could deliver not only cakes but also cupcakes, brownies and cookies to resorts as well and the response was YES I am very excited about this as we are going to place 2 orders. I am ordering a birthday cake and brownies for delivery to the GF on our arrival day. I am then placing a second order of brownies, cupcakes and cookies for delivery on our departure day so that we can take them with us to PBH for the second half of our vacation at Uni. I really do hope they get another storefront when DTD is finished but at least they are still providing their allergy friendly sweets to those of us who cannot take our families to the "normal" bakeries.
Thank you SO MUCH for sharing! I usually have no other safe dessert options at WDW other than Babycakes. I will be sure to place an order to have delivered to Kidani when we arrive so I'll have treats all week. Vacation is the only time I really allow myself to enjoy desserts so I was heartbroken when I thought babycakes was no longer an option.

Did you just email the main Babycakes location?

Thanks again!

Honeymoon @ ASM 2003 / Caribbean Beach Resort 2005 / DL 2006 / Bonnet Creek Resort 2007 /
Pop 2008 x2 / POP 2009 / POP 2010 / WBC & BWV 2011 / POP 2012 / POP & AKL 2013/ AKL & POP 2014
The Hamstring of Sadness Will Not Defeat the Magic! A TR of sacrificial joy!
stackyallred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:34 PM   #79
Mariep26
DIS Veteran

Great news!! Those that have the desire and the means to order should definitely do so! If the demand keeps up hopefully they will come up with other ways to ensure their treats are available!
June 2010 - Swan & Dolphin, March 2012 - ASMo Toy Story room, December 8-15, 2012 - AoA Cars Suite, Feb 25 - Mar 1, 2013 - BLT LV Studio, May 9-13 - AoA Cars Suite, August 19-23, 2013 - BLT TPV Studio - Jax's 5th Birthday!!! - Nov 2-9, 2013 AoA Nemo - Oct 18-25, 2014 - Presley's 5th Birthday @ SSR 2brdm!!
Me: Marie, DH: Neil, DS: Jax , DD: Presley, D?: Baby #3 Due 12/20/14
Mariep26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:36 PM   #80
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stackyallred View Post
Thank you SO MUCH for sharing! I usually have no other safe dessert options at WDW other than Babycakes. I will be sure to place an order to have delivered to Kidani when we arrive so I'll have treats all week. Vacation is the only time I really allow myself to enjoy desserts so I was heartbroken when I thought babycakes was no longer an option.

Did you just email the main Babycakes location?

Thanks again!

You're welcome I was so happy that they are willing to deliver to the hotel that I wanted to share with others that would appreciate the service as well.

I emailed them at dtd@babycakesnyc.com The first response I got seemed sort of canned or typical response type email that is most likely just a cut and paste. It did not answer all of my questions. I then responded to that email and the response from that exchange was more personal and exactly the info I needed. She also offers a phone number to call and ask questions as well that will be included with the response.

Good luck and happy ordering

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Grace&Carolinesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:11 PM   #81
stackyallred
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post
You're welcome I was so happy that they are willing to deliver to the hotel that I wanted to share with others that would appreciate the service as well. I emailed them at dtd@babycakesnyc.com The first response I got seemed sort of canned or typical response type email that is most likely just a cut and paste. It did not answer all of my questions. I then responded to that email and the response from that exchange was more personal and exactly the info I needed. She also offers a phone number to call and ask questions as well that will be included with the response. Good luck and happy ordering
Thanks again! Now if September would just hurry up and get here, lol!

Honeymoon @ ASM 2003 / Caribbean Beach Resort 2005 / DL 2006 / Bonnet Creek Resort 2007 /
Pop 2008 x2 / POP 2009 / POP 2010 / WBC & BWV 2011 / POP 2012 / POP & AKL 2013/ AKL & POP 2014
The Hamstring of Sadness Will Not Defeat the Magic! A TR of sacrificial joy!
stackyallred is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: