Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-14-2014, 08:06 PM   #1096
DjdBrit
DIS Veteran
 
DjdBrit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,313

Just started my online check in for my August trip, wondering how I disable my 11 year olds charging privileges?
__________________





Beach Club 2014, Yacht Club 2012, 2011, Animal Kingdom Villas 2010
Saratoga Springs 2009, 2008, Off site 1993
DjdBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:15 PM   #1097
jen3b
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 68

Has anyone ever gotten a massage at the ship shape spa? If so, what massage did you get, how was it, and would you recommend going? thanks so much for your input!
jen3b is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-14-2014, 11:59 PM   #1098
catho72
DIS Veteran
 
catho72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: outside Chicago
Posts: 1,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by HParr View Post
Just lovin' your live reports! So much fun! I was wondering though...how did you get over to MK from MGM (aka HS) and how long did it take you. We will be park hopping the end of next month and MK always seems daunting to get to as a 2nd hop.
That is a very good question....I need to think back to that day.....did we go back to the BC to hang out then take the bus? Nope! I had to ask my husband and now it's all coming back to me. We took the bus from MGM to MK. In the rain! The bus was waited for us. I think it was one of the only times when my daughter's broken foot helped us....he saw her trying to walk quickly with her monstrous boot on her foot (in the rain) and he held the bus for us. It took about 10 minutes to get to MK. Easy peasy.

I've been quiet for a while....didn't get a chance to post my final live report. Yeah, that sobbing you heard on Wednesday was ME. Crying as we left BC and checked into AoA. Megan (broken foot daughter) and I spent Tuesday at the pool while my husband took the other two kids to Cocoa Beach. Did I already report that? I did laundry that morning (I remember reporting that!) and we spent the afternoon at SAB. We sat at a table on the YC side of the pool. It's MUCH quieter on that side than on the BC side. We were very thankful to have the table as it poured several times but we stayed nice and dry under the umbrella. I tried the Black Cherry Lemonade from HH. It tasted like cough syrup. I should have stuck with the tried and true Sunken Treasure or a Pina CooLava. Now I know....

Megan and I went to DTD for a little shopping after our pool time. Joel and the kids were going to meet us for dinner at DTD but then a monsoon hit (not really a monsoon.....can monsoons hit central Florida? huh....) so they picked us up and we had dinner at the QS at GF. We met up with our relatives who were staying there and enjoyed a nice meal.

On Wednesday we checked out and headed over to AoA. I wasn't expecting to like AoA but I was surprised....I liked it! Our room was perfect for our family of five....that extra bathroom was a lifesaver! I forgot to smuggle a roll of nice TP from BC. It's the little things (and some not-so-little things) that really differentiates a deluxe from a value (even a nicer one such as AoA). Nicer toilet paper, thicker bath towels, pool towels available at the pool, nicer toiletries, etc were things we missed about BC. And the wi-fi and cellular reception was abysmal at AoA. Our kids loved the Cars pool but didn't enjoy the Nemo pool. They said there were too many little kids there and it was too crowded. And there was no slide. We really like the food court though. The food choices were fantastic and everything was delicious. They also really liked the arcade. I am very glad we rented a car because the lines for the buses in the morning for the parks were CRAZY long! Despite the cons, we would definitely stay there again.

Dee, I might have a picture of the Stormalong Bay Breeze drink for you on my phone. I'll look for it.

I asked the lady at the spa if we were able to use the showers on check-out day if we had used the pool. She gave me a look of sheer horror (I swore I heard her gasp!) and said, "Oh NO. Those showers are only for people getting spa treatments!" So I pressed on.....what if we were using the exercise machines? Can't we use the showers then? She said that if we get sweaty from exercising for 30 minutes or more THEN we can use the showers. I'll bet you anything she is the broad who complained to management and had the shower policy changed!

We had a magnificent trip! We did lots of rides and attractions we haven't done in a long time or ever even. Spending 10 days still isn't enough time. Our love for BC is stronger than ever. I came home and washed my hands with Rainkissed Leaves hand soap and it smells so much like the BC lobby it's unbelievable!


Well peeps, I've been awake since 4am Orlando (which is 3am Chicago) time. We had a 7:35am flight home today plus I had to work tonight 5-10pm. I was able to sleep for a couple of hours this afternoon but my body has hit a wall. I must go to bed. Sweet BC dreams, everyone!

I'll post pics early next week!
__________________
Me : DH DD 15 DS 13 DD 11

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay




Last edited by catho72; 06-15-2014 at 12:05 AM.
catho72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 04:03 AM   #1099
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,620

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
I asked the lady at the spa if we were able to use the showers on check-out day if we had used the pool. She gave me a look of sheer horror (I swore I heard her gasp!) and said, "Oh NO. Those showers are only for people getting spa treatments!" So I pressed on.....what if we were using the exercise machines? Can't we use the showers then? She said that if we get sweaty from exercising for 30 minutes or more THEN we can use the showers. I'll bet you anything she is the broad who complained to management and had the shower policy changed!
Thank you so much for checking on this and for your very vivid description!

I could picture the scenario and it made me both and


Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
Dee, I might have a picture of the Stormalong Bay Breeze drink for you on my phone. I'll look for it.
Thanks!




Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
We had a magnificent trip! We did lots of rides and attractions we haven't done in a long time or ever even. Spending 10 days still isn't enough time. Our love for BC is stronger than ever. I came home and washed my hands with Rainkissed Leaves hand soap and it smells so much like the BC lobby it's unbelievable!

I'll post pics early next week!
So glad you had a great trip!

natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:19 AM   #1100
eangel12
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 695

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
Where do u even see any info on this?
I saw it on wdwmagic site!! It is on their "in room dining" menu!!
eangel12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:35 AM   #1102
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other
 
Aliceacc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 11,390

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjdBrit View Post
Just started my online check in for my August trip, wondering how I disable my 11 year olds charging privileges?
Is it possible to just not give her a PIN code?

I gave my kids charging privileges, figuring it will make things easier for me. It's not like they're ever alone at WDW, so they're not going to sneak off and buy something without my knowledge. But this way, if we're at SAB and they want to get a pina colada shake or something (other than the sodas in the refillable cups)they can do so without me. I don't think it will be an issue.
__________________
DH: me: DS (16) , DD (14): DD (11):


numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:16 AM   #1103
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,620

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjdBrit View Post
Just started my online check in for my August trip, wondering how I disable my 11 year olds charging privileges?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliceacc View Post
Is it possible to just not give her a PIN code?

I gave my kids charging privileges, figuring it will make things easier for me. It's not like they're ever alone at WDW, so they're not going to sneak off and buy something without my knowledge. But this way, if we're at SAB and they want to get a pina colada shake or something (other than the sodas in the refillable cups)they can do so without me. I don't think it will be an issue.
I think that should be fairly easy to accomplish, although I don't know if there is an option when you are setting up the MDE accounts/Magic Bands or if that is done when you do online or actual checkin for the resort.

I would also imagine you could add a certain limited amount to your child's account. We did that in July, on our boys' key cards and I would think you could do something similar with the bands, too.

Anyone have experience with this?

natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:53 AM   #1104
HParr
Earning My Ears
 
HParr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
That is a very good question....I need to think back to that day.....did we go back to the BC to hang out then take the bus? Nope! I had to ask my husband and now it's all coming back to me. We took the bus from MGM to MK. In the rain! The bus was waited for us. I think it was one of the only times when my daughter's broken foot helped us....he saw her trying to walk quickly with her monstrous boot on her foot (in the rain) and he held the bus for us. It took about 10 minutes to get to MK. Easy peasy.
Perfect! Thanks for answering my question. I always thought that the busses ran between hotels and parks only. Now I know better!

Glad that you enjoyed your trip and I really enjoyed it too!
HParr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:05 AM   #1105
msdroz
Mouseketeer
 
msdroz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 494

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
I asked the lady at the spa if we were able to use the showers on check-out day if we had used the pool. She gave me a look of sheer horror (I swore I heard her gasp!) and said, "Oh NO. Those showers are only for people getting spa treatments!" So I pressed on.....what if we were using the exercise machines? Can't we use the showers then? She said that if we get sweaty from exercising for 30 minutes or more THEN we can use the showers. I'll bet you anything she is the broad who complained to management and had the shower policy changed!!
So glad you had a great trip and I think I heard your sobs from Ohio! I had to laugh at your comment about the spa lady... "working out for a half hour and sweating" doesn't seem to be a very official policy! lol
__________________
Previous Trips:
January 2009- Contemporary
May 2012- Yacht Club
msdroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:08 AM   #1106
catho72
DIS Veteran
 
catho72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: outside Chicago
Posts: 1,400

Look what I found!!!!!! It is delicious! It's only available during afternoon snacks. I wish it was available during evening appetizers and desserts too. I also took a pic of the new adult welcome beverage. Crazy as it sounds, I prefer SAB Breeze. Here are some more lounge photos




Sorry there aren't more. It was always pretty crowded in there.
__________________
Me : DH DD 15 DS 13 DD 11

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay




Last edited by catho72; 06-15-2014 at 08:14 AM.
catho72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:09 AM   #1107
Couchy
DIS Veteran
 
Couchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 1,200 miles away
Posts: 1,734

Hello everyone, I know I have been largely quiet for awhile on this board. I have been really busy lately but just last night DH and I made some big decisions...

One of those decisions has to do with our vacation. We have switched our dates because of work issues with our September Labor Day weekend trip and drastically moved up the dates!

Dee can you remove us from the September list and add us to the July list
7/4-7/8 BC GV

We are actually then moving to the Swan for 2 nights, and the reason we are moving is because of the shower/locker room issue at BC. We always have the last flight out and I need a proper shower before getting on an 8:45 pm flight. No proper facilities is a deal breaker for me. So while I am so happy to be going back to BC and my beloved SAB, I am disappointed about having to switch resorts to get a shower

I will end on a good note... in 19 days I will be sitting at SAB
__________________
Me DH

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Couchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:12 AM   #1108
catho72
DIS Veteran
 
catho72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: outside Chicago
Posts: 1,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdroz View Post
So glad you had a great trip and I think I heard your sobs from Ohio! I had to laugh at your comment about the spa lady... "working out for a half hour and sweating" doesn't seem to be a very official policy! lol
That's what I thought too! She begrudging admitted you can shower if you've been exercising but only if you're sweaty! I was tempted to say, "I guess we'll exercise after we swim so we can shower!" Can you imagine the look of horror that would have brought!
__________________
Me : DH DD 15 DS 13 DD 11

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay



catho72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:17 AM   #1109
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,620

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
That's what I thought too! She begrudging admitted you can shower if you've been exercising but only if you're sweaty! I was tempted to say, "I guess we'll exercise after we swim so we can shower!" Can you imagine the look of horror that would have brought!
I am picturing her with a stopwatch and a little jar with markings so she can collect the sweat to make sure there is enough to earn a shower.

natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:00 AM   #1110
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,000

catho72 how did your family like going to see the ocean? We are on the fence about taking time to do this, vs using that day to stay at SAB
cantwaitvaca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: