Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2014, 09:20 PM   #1
Mandamouse
Earning My Ears

Help with Orbitz "Disney Resort Benefits" Reservation!

Hi,

I googled and checked this board and could not find something that completely answers my question. If you have experienced this with Orbitz, please do chime in with anything that could be of help. I REALLY appreciate it!

I booked what I thought was a deal through Orbitz. Until I realized that the room i booked did NOT say "Disney Resort Benefits" in the room listing. I'm not an expert with booking, and I just thought it was a great price so I booked it. (Wilderness Lodge Courtyard View).

Then I went back and looked around still and noticed that there are rooms with two listings - one WITH Disney Resort Benefits and one WITHOUT.

Did I mess things up for my vacation in Sept? I want Magical Express and I want Extra Magic Hours. I always assumed that if you stay at a Disney resort that you will get these benefits no matter where you booked.

I did not book my flight yet, so I can't set up Magical Express anyway...but I'm super nervous and wondering if I should cancel and rebook? Please let me know if you have booked through Orbitz and what I should do.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:46 PM   #2
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

Anyone who has booked a room at a Disney owned resort such as the Wilderness Lodge will get all the resort benefits you have mentioned.
Anyone listed on your room reservation will be allowed to use the Disney Magical Express. You will need to call Disney and make the arrangements This is a free service.
Also anyone listed on the room reservation will be able to used the extra magic hours provided you have a park ticket.

And it does not matter how you booked the room you will still be entitled to those perks as long as its a Disney resort.

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2014, 09:52 PM   #3
Mandamouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly F - Ohio View Post
Anyone who has booked a room at a Disney owned resort such as the Wilderness Lodge will get all the resort benefits you have mentioned.
Anyone listed on your room reservation will be allowed to use the Disney Magical Express. You will need to call Disney and make the arrangements This is a free service.
Also anyone listed on the room reservation will be able to used the extra magic hours provided you have a park ticket.

And it does not matter how you booked the room you will still be entitled to those perks as long as its a Disney resort.
Thank you so much for your reply. That gives me relief. I figured this as much but it really puzzled me.

How come there are two different prices?

Example for my stay 9/26-10/04 on Orbitz:
Courtyard View with Free Cancellation: $240/night
Courtyard View with Free Cancellation and Disney Resort Benefits: $344/night
Old 06-15-2014, 12:17 AM   #4
Merandab4
DIS Veteran

Okay that is really weird. I went to Orbitz to see if I could find what you were talking about and I looked up the Disney Resort Benefits (which come with every booking anyway).

I didn't see exactly what you are explaining, but maybe you were looking at Two different room types/views?

I hope Orbitz isn't trying to take advantage of Guests by making them pay for services that are free anyway.

Just out of curiosity, I would call Orbits and ask them what that is all about.
Merandab4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:32 AM   #5
Mandamouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merandab4 View Post
Okay that is really weird. I went to Orbitz to see if I could find what you were talking about and I looked up the Disney Resort Benefits (which come with every booking anyway).

I didn't see exactly what you are explaining, but maybe you were looking at Two different room types/views?

I hope Orbitz isn't trying to take advantage of Guests by making them pay for services that are free anyway.

Just out of curiosity, I would call Orbits and ask them what that is all about.
I spoke with Orbitz on the phone and they knew exactly what I was seeing and talking about, and all they told me was that I'm fine, the magical express can be booked online/on the phone when I book my flight yadda yadda. It was almost like they didn't know what to tell me because it was so weird.

Here are some screenshots of what I see when I search for my vacation dates 9/26-10/04

These two options pull up. Same view, just one has Disney Resort Benefits and the other doesn't.

This one pulled up first and the second image pulled up maybe 5 room options under.

I booked the cheaper one last week obviously, with an added discount on top of that...but the whole thing is just making me nervous. I'll probably be more relieved once I make my flight reservations + schedule Magical Express!
Old 06-15-2014, 01:48 AM   #6
ws1995
Earning My Ears

The cheaper rate includes the Disney 30% room only promo. The more expensive one does not. That is the only difference between the two.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:31 AM   #7
Altoqueenkelly
You gotta be original because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?

Maybe the "resort benefits" means that you can get the DDP ?? Not sure though, I thought you had to book a package through Disney to get that but I could be wrong

Countless Childhood trips to Ft. Wilderness*2003 Contemporary*2005 Port Orleans-Riverside*2009 Pop Century*2011 Pop Century*2014 AS-Sports
Altoqueenkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:01 AM   #8
thisismyusername
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ws1995 View Post
The cheaper rate includes the Disney 30% room only promo. The more expensive one does not. That is the only difference between the two.
This. Just like Disney, Orbitz only has a limited inventory of rooms that qualify for the promo. The higher priced room is the exact same room, just without the discount. Someone probably just forgot to put the Disney Resort Benefits in under the description when adding it into the computer system. Relax--you got a good deal and will have the same benefits as all other Disney guests.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:04 AM   #9
Mandamouse
Earning My Ears

Thanks for your help everyone!
Old 06-15-2014, 12:42 PM   #10
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Don't call Disney about the DME. Orbitz owns that reservation. Call DME directly. Or you can set it up yourself online. You can link an Orbitz reservation to My Disney Experience if you use the "hotel code" they give you - not the Orbitz code. You can find this code on your reservation, or you can call Orbitz and request the Disney reservation number. Once you link the reservation it is all set up for you to be able to book Fastpass Plus at 60 days out, provided you also have tickets linked to My Disney Experience because you need tickets before you can book fastpasses.

Once you link the reservation you will also be able to order and customize Magic Bands. Remember to change the shipping address to your own, it will default to Orbitz' corporate address.

It is not weird at all. You don't have to pay for DME, you can definitely sign up for it, and you will get your Extra Magic Hours. Once you check in, you are the same as any other Disney resort guest.

One thing you definitely cannot get through Orbitz is the dining plan, because you must have a MYW package reservation to get a dining plan and the third party brokers sell room only, not packages.

Last edited by TDC Nala; 06-15-2014 at 12:49 PM.
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 02:11 PM   #11
Altoqueenkelly
You gotta be original because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
One thing you definitely cannot get through Orbitz is the dining plan, because you must have a MYW package reservation to get a dining plan and the third party brokers sell room only, not packages.
That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure. lol.

Countless Childhood trips to Ft. Wilderness*2003 Contemporary*2005 Port Orleans-Riverside*2009 Pop Century*2011 Pop Century*2014 AS-Sports
Altoqueenkelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: