Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2014, 09:42 AM   #3031
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post
Popping on after reading WL thread....
Advice for Sept trip: should I stay or should I go???? DD6 is all about the pool and we have a set pool day so I don`t know how to proceed....
Honestly, I am glad I changed. The VWL pool is really not big enough to accommodate both WL and VWL in the heat..JMHO We also love our pool, and it was a BIG reason we moved from Poly. What are they thinking!!!

BC, BWI are getting room refurbs but to me that is not a dealbreaker...
Poly and WL with pool issues..I know pool hopping is illegal, but you know GF and CR are gonna be PACKED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Thank you Pas.
More !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletgirl View Post
Happy Friday!!

Just checking in to say to everyone!

Hope everyone is doing well... the trips are getting closer!
I CAN'T WAIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post
So frustrating... I wish they would just announce or not. The fact some people seem to know something is up (and there are permits filed) means those who either are clueless or playing it come across as hiding it.

We don't really have much space for pool time our first few days other than a quick dip, so we figure staying at WL we could still enjoy the quiet pool and the resort... however our 4th day is a resort day and our last day we are taking a long midday break so I would like a resort with a feature pool so DD6 can swim while DD1 rests (or while she splashes, too)
Also, our last two park days are MK/EP and EP/HS so an Epcot resort wouldn't be a bad fit... *sighs* I just wish there was something official with the dates because I'd hate to pay more for a different resort and find out the dates were all confused.

Honestly, at this point I'm almost ready to just stay at a moderate and save the money... just tired of Disney being so weird about getting the right information out about their refurbs. With Poly, CSR, BC, and this, that's a lot of rehabbing going on and a lot of it seems to be overlapping. Throw in FD and you aren't giving people a lot of opportunity to find a replacement if their plans need to change.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and
From good sources it will be down for your trip unfortunately. I like to think they won't start in August too...but it is value season so I wouldn't be shocked The reservations center did the same with the Poly construction...the whole IDK think, the IPO hooked me up with the construction coordinator and after chatting with her I did change. She said it would affect our trip in a big way

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney meema View Post
And now I'm back to changing I guess I thought I was happy 2 weeks ago ... Here's the newest plan

WL CYV cough cough courtyard view AKA provably a construction View - November 9 - 19
GF RP CL in a deluxe king main building and at rack rate AKA I'm crazy!! - November 19 -22

I've been reading along with all the changes, oh the fun continues : )
Fall discounts will include that RPC King room...so don't worry!! HOPEFULLY the WL will be GTG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Magic Kingdom Resort beam - 8:30am to midnight
Magic Kingdom Express beam - 9:30am to 11:30pm
Epcot beam - 9am to 11pm

Monorail operating schedule this summer is fixed (starts June 22) due to technology upgrades or something or other...?

Going to be interesting 4th of July week with extended hours and EMH, etc...I am happy with the decision to switch from GF then...if I have to take a bus anyway, might as well save a few bucks too! ;-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
GF has the boats!! I prefer the boat transportation anyway!!! What stinks is the Epcot monorail!!!! However with the Poly and WL and monorail, I wouldn't stay in the MK area AT ALL But I hate crowds and construction...I don't care how much I love the castle I agree with you to save the money!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfTheWind View Post
First of all, I wish I'd met you all months ago! I've been suffering silently with my resort changing and I needed someone to talk to. My husband and kids are sick of my changes. After multiple changes (I'm too embarrassed to say, but it's definitely in the double digits ), I've come full circle and we're booked at Boardwalk! Hopefully since this is a special trip (we won't be returning for at least a year) and we're doing club level, I'll stick with it. Plus I've been told there are only 10 deluxe rooms and I was lucky to get one.

Maybe it was too early, but I read this on wdwinfo about 3 times and couldn't get it. Maybe because it sounds ridiculous?! I mean this can't be true. Is Disney really shutting down the monorails for those hours? In the summer? And it says, "starts June 22" but when does it end? This is crazy.
It is ridiculous! (the monorail not your ch-ch-changes) Don't be ashamed, there is NO shame to our game...in the future we really need a support hotline for our families. I had a CM count my changes (2012) I think...it was more than 50 And it wasn't the last one either...I think for my summer trip I am around 30, 15 with my poor TA....You are lucky to get one and they are getting a refurb in July right?? Brand spankin' new! KEEP IT!!! And take pics for Kook, she can update her thread

ETA - not loving the BWI décor...

wookie Kim, BWI now??

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*

Last edited by pas130; 06-14-2014 at 09:59 AM.
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:52 AM   #3032
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
First of all, I wish I'd met you all months ago! I've been suffering silently with my resort changing and I needed someone to talk to. My husband and kids are sick of my changes. After multiple changes (I'm too embarrassed to say, but it's definitely in the double digits ), I've come full circle and we're booked at Boardwalk! Hopefully since this is a special trip (we won't be returning for at least a year) and we're doing club level, I'll stick with it. Plus I've been told there are only 10 deluxe rooms and I was lucky to get one. Maybe it was too early, but I read this on wdwinfo about 3 times and couldn't get it. Maybe because it sounds ridiculous?! I mean this can't be true. Is Disney really shutting down the monorails for those hours? In the summer? And it says, "starts June 22" but when does it end? This is crazy.
Welcome!! :-)

Those are the hours the monorail is operating. It just means that EMH hours are not covered and you can't get to EP at rope drop via monorail or MK at rope drop via the Express monorail from TTC.

Jeanette - you're right. GF has boats too. But the monorail is so easy...and that would be a major reason to stay at GF for us. :-)

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...

Last edited by Koh1977; 06-14-2014 at 10:00 AM.
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2014, 10:26 AM   #3033
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Welcome!! :-)

Those are the hours the monorail is operating. It just means that EMH hours are not covered and you can't get to EP at rope drop via monorail or MK at rope drop via the Express monorail from TTC.

Jeanette - you're right. GF has boats too. But the monorail is so easy...and that would be a major reason to stay at GF for us. :-)

After being on the smelly monorail..it was all about the boats for us. Plus it's so pretty to pull up to GF via boat

Old 06-14-2014, 10:29 AM   #3034
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

I love the boats!!!
Old 06-14-2014, 01:15 PM   #3035
disney meema
DIS Veteran

Curious how this would work ... If the deluxe RP CL king room I booked later has a discount do I just call them to get discount? I added free dining to the first. If part of my trip at WL, but paying rack rate at GF

Last edited by disney meema; 06-14-2014 at 02:27 PM.
disney meema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 02:47 PM   #3036
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney meema
Curious how this would work ... If the deluxe RP CL king room I booked later has a discount do I just call them to get discount? I added free dining to the first. If part of my trip at WL, but paying rack rate at GF
Yeppers, just call!! They can apply the discount to the existing reservation

Old 06-14-2014, 02:59 PM   #3037
disney meema
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Yeppers, just call!! They can apply the discount to the existing reservation
Does this include if I have tickets included? Or just for a room only?
Old 06-14-2014, 04:41 PM   #3038
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney meema

Does this include if I have tickets included? Or just for a room only?
Either one, once the general public discount just call and see if the room is available with the discount. I've had it eligible for a bounceback and the 35% off room only rate

Old 06-14-2014, 05:39 PM   #3039
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
After being on the smelly monorail..it was all about the boats for us. Plus it's so pretty to pull up to GF via boat
I am *not* changing my dear Jeanette! :-P

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 06-14-2014, 06:13 PM   #3040
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Great shirt! Love the matching scarfs etc too
Thank you. When we had been planning to go to MNSSHP, we had planned on doing costumes that worked together. She was going to be Minnie, and I was going to be Daisy. I actually just got the yarn for the scarves today, so I'm going to start working on them.

Quote:
First of all, I wish I'd met you all months ago! I've been suffering silently with my resort changing and I needed someone to talk to. My husband and kids are sick of my changes. After multiple changes (I'm too embarrassed to say, but it's definitely in the double digits ), I've come full circle and we're booked at Boardwalk! Hopefully since this is a special trip (we won't be returning for at least a year) and we're doing club level, I'll stick with it. Plus I've been told there are only 10 deluxe rooms and I was lucky to get one.
I have had trips that have been through changes like that. If you don't mind me asking, what are the dates for your trip?

Quote:
wookie Kim, BWI now??
Yeah. What I'm thinking is that when we booked our September trip, it was easier to get a room at the BWI with the military discount. I'm hoping by moving it to the BWI, when the military discount is released, I will only have to add the discount instead of having to move resorts as well.

Oh and my friend's hubby could use all the positive thoughts/prayers between now and tomorrow morning that y'all can send him, his name is Mike. He had drill today, and had to sign papers saying if he doesn't pass his PT test tomorrow, he will be sent to a Fit Camp. After Fit Camp, if he doesn't pass the PT test, he's out of the military. The last time he has to do a PT test to stay in, he failed the run part of the PT test by a few seconds the first time. I know he'll pass, even if he has to take it twice, it would just mean a lot less stress on her, if he could pass the test the first time.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:54 PM   #3041
disney meema
DIS Veteran

Prayers sent to your friend Mike : !
Old 06-14-2014, 09:57 PM   #3042
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney meema View Post
Prayers sent to your friend Mike : !
Thank you so much.

I'm trying to keep her occupied talking through FB messages, to try and keep her mind off of stressing about it.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:53 AM   #3043
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I love the boats!!!
Me too me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Thank you. When we had been planning to go to MNSSHP, we had planned on doing costumes that worked together. She was going to be Minnie, and I was going to be Daisy. I actually just got the yarn for the scarves today, so I'm going to start working on them.

I have had trips that have been through changes like that. If you don't mind me asking, what are the dates for your trip?

Yeah. What I'm thinking is that when we booked our September trip, it was easier to get a room at the BWI with the military discount. I'm hoping by moving it to the BWI, when the military discount is released, I will only have to add the discount instead of having to move resorts as well.

Oh and my friend's hubby could use all the positive thoughts/prayers between now and tomorrow morning that y'all can send him, his name is Mike. He had drill today, and had to sign papers saying if he doesn't pass his PT test tomorrow, he will be sent to a Fit Camp. After Fit Camp, if he doesn't pass the PT test, he's out of the military. The last time he has to do a PT test to stay in, he failed the run part of the PT test by a few seconds the first time. I know he'll pass, even if he has to take it twice, it would just mean a lot less stress on her, if he could pass the test the first time.
Prayers for passing his PT test today

Old 06-15-2014, 01:49 PM   #3044
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise or Family Magic Tour?

Already have the dessert party booked...(which we did and liked last year) Looking for something new to do this time around!

Old 06-15-2014, 01:50 PM   #3045
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Thank you. When we had been planning to go to MNSSHP, we had planned on doing costumes that worked together. She was going to be Minnie, and I was going to be Daisy. I actually just got the yarn for the scarves today, so I'm going to start working on them. I have had trips that have been through changes like that. If you don't mind me asking, what are the dates for your trip? Yeah. What I'm thinking is that when we booked our September trip, it was easier to get a room at the BWI with the military discount. I'm hoping by moving it to the BWI, when the military discount is released, I will only have to add the discount instead of having to move resorts as well. Oh and my friend's hubby could use all the positive thoughts/prayers between now and tomorrow morning that y'all can send him, his name is Mike. He had drill today, and had to sign papers saying if he doesn't pass his PT test tomorrow, he will be sent to a Fit Camp. After Fit Camp, if he doesn't pass the PT test, he's out of the military. The last time he has to do a PT test to stay in, he failed the run part of the PT test by a few seconds the first time. I know he'll pass, even if he has to take it twice, it would just mean a lot less stress on her, if he could pass the test the first time.
Good luck and positive thoughts/prayers for him!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: