Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 09:50 PM   #2281
MataHari22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mome Rath View Post
I think the limited transport is because the bus is the only way to go. I love the bus service at Pop, even compared with other resort levels. I've stayed deluxe, moderate, and value, and honestly Pop is the better than or equal to any of them when it comes to the buses, IMO.

If you do want to use the elevators and stay on a higher floor, I believe you could also call and request a room close to the elevators (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I don't really "do" pools, but I love spots along the lake.

As others have said, they do indeed!
Oh, thanks very much. Your post is very helpful also. I don't do steps well, so I was wondering about my options as far as that went.
Spots along the lake would be wonderful, too. Exactly the type of thing I was wondering about.

Also, I have very limited strength and it's extremely difficult for me to navigate my baggage, even though I pack lightly, the other resorts always take it to my room for me after we check in. Anyone know if they do that here as well?

Wishing I had a ticker!
Old 06-14-2014, 10:42 PM   #2282
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
We love 60's backing on to the poolside rooms (facing the 70's buildings). It's very close to the food court and not noisy at all.
Thank you! I was thinking of putting 60's section when I did online check in today. I just put near transportation and ground floor. Thinking of changing to higher floor though just as a security thing.
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2014, 10:50 PM   #2283
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post
Thank you! I was thinking of putting 60's section when I did online check in today. I just put near transportation and ground floor. Thinking of changing to higher floor though just as a security thing.
I've never really thought about security, but we really do love ground floor at all the resorts. It's so nice just to open your door and go, without having to navigate the stairs.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:54 AM   #2284
ChgoMusicGirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MataHari22 View Post
I have been reading through the Pop threads and doing research. Hoping for answers to a few questions I have. 1. I have read that this resort has "limited transportation". Does this mean we will have problems getting to and from the parks? One of the things I have always loved about staying on property is the ease of transportation. I have only ever stayed at moderate and deluxe before. This would be a first for value if I book it. 2. I am a two time cancer survivor and have some issues. Wondering if they have elevators if the buildings are multi leveled, or do I need to request a ground level room? 3. Are there any buildings with pools with more shady spots or more quiet places to sit and relax and read? 4. Do refrigerators come standard in all rooms there? Possibly going to book on Monday. Still doing research. The previous places it have stayed were all booked. (POR POFQ) I might be able to do Carribean Beach, wondering if I can get the moderate if it is worth the extra $700-$1000 depending. I am worried about the transportation thing I read, has me apprehensive. Thanks.
1. Piggy backing on PP's comments, we are here right now and have never waited more than 10 minutes, usually it's less than 5. You can also jump on the AoA bus if it's there first and/or less crowded. We did that last night and the walk wasn't bad at, in fact it was fun to see AoA!
2. Elevators!
3. We are 50's building 3, lake view, 4th floor and it has been super quiet (this is day 9). The only noise we hear is the fireworks from Illuminations and Symphony in the Stars (which you can see from our room!) There are quiet, shady spots all over. The bowling pin pool has been super quiet with plenty of open chairs, even under umbrellas, except when they're cleaning the hippy dippy pool.
4. Yes

This is our first stay at Pop and we have LOVED it! Can't wait to come back!!!!

4/94 - off site, 8/98 - offsite, 6/00 - offsite, 6/04 - ASMu, 4/05 - offsite, 6/14 - POP, 6/15 - AKV-Jambo/BLT

Old 06-15-2014, 07:34 AM   #2285
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MataHari22 View Post
Oh, thanks very much. Your post is very helpful also. I don't do steps well, so I was wondering about my options as far as that went. Spots along the lake would be wonderful, too. Exactly the type of thing I was wondering about. Also, I have very limited strength and it's extremely difficult for me to navigate my baggage, even though I pack lightly, the other resorts always take it to my room for me after we check in. Anyone know if they do that here as well?
If you are taking DME to your resort then yes it will be delivered for you but normally when you check in they won't. They do have luggage carts available if you need assistance.

DD-17 DH-34 ME-37

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only); Jan 26-30, 2015 - POP (Solo); Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
Old 06-15-2014, 10:08 AM   #2286
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNovacovschi

If you are taking DME to your resort then yes it will be delivered for you but normally when you check in they won't. They do have luggage carts available if you need assistance.
Sorry, but this is not accurate. They do have CMS that can assist you with your luggage. They almost always use a totally different style of luggage cart than what they allow you to borrow. They aren't necessarily available during the late night time hours such as 12am to 6am. And you should tip them accordingly if you receive their services. But some trips last year (6 trips to POP in 2013) I used their services when I was traveling solo. HTH.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:52 AM   #2287
MagentaMulan
Mouseketeer

Weird question: Does Mousekeeping provide kleenex tissues in all the rooms? Do they restock oftern if we run out? (We tend to use them up fast)
Old 06-15-2014, 12:10 PM   #2288
DisneyFaeriePrincess
Chocolate and Mickey, what else could be better.

Quick question to anyone whose been to Pop recently or is there now. Did they move the smoking area by the main building back next to the entrance on the 60's side? Or is it still at the end of the building? I was looking at disney's website and it shows it back in the old location. Thanks!
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

Old 06-15-2014, 01:43 PM   #2289
MataHari22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChgoMusicGirl View Post
1. Piggy backing on PP's comments, we are here right now and have never waited more than 10 minutes, usually it's less than 5. You can also jump on the AoA bus if it's there first and/or less crowded. We did that last night and the walk wasn't bad at, in fact it was fun to see AoA!
2. Elevators!
3. We are 50's building 3, lake view, 4th floor and it has been super quiet (this is day 9). The only noise we hear is the fireworks from Illuminations and Symphony in the Stars (which you can see from our room!) There are quiet, shady spots all over. The bowling pin pool has been super quiet with plenty of open chairs, even under umbrellas, except when they're cleaning the hippy dippy pool.
4. Yes

Sounds great, thanks so much! So glad you're having a wonderful time.

KNovacovschi and stitchlovestink ~ thank you. If they have someone to bring the bags that's great, or if there are just carts, I could probably manage that. I just cannot lift anything heavy or carry anything for long periods if I can manage to lift it. I always tip when they help me with my bags.

Wishing I had a ticker!
Old 06-15-2014, 02:22 PM   #2290
alexensmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChgoMusicGirl View Post
2. Elevators!
4. Yes

We were also in building 3 but were second floor, lake view.

I requested 60s and lake view. We got 50s, lake view. Very quiet being on the back side. Keep in mind that most of the trees along those buildings have really grown up so a lot of the rooms had a tree right outside their door. Next time, I would probably request 4th floor lake view. We were only a 4 minute walk from the food court and our room was on the far left in building 3.

We usually go in May so it was a bit more crowded than what we are used to. The busses weren't an issue though. I liked not having to share busses (like we did at Wilderness) and only once did the bus fill up so that we had to wait for another. Even then, the next bus came just as the other pulled away (MK after fireworks.) This was our second time at Pop and we will be back!

Old 06-15-2014, 04:06 PM   #2291
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Sorry, but this is not accurate. They do have CMS that can assist you with your luggage. They almost always use a totally different style of luggage cart than what they allow you to borrow. They aren't necessarily available during the late night time hours such as 12am to 6am. And you should tip them accordingly if you receive their services. But some trips last year (6 trips to POP in 2013) I used their services when I was traveling solo. HTH.
Oh, I was always under the impression that they don't unless using DME. Sorry about the misinformation.

DD-17 DH-34 ME-37

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only); Jan 26-30, 2015 - POP (Solo); Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
Old 06-15-2014, 04:08 PM   #2292
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagentaMulan View Post
Weird question: Does Mousekeeping provide kleenex tissues in all the rooms? Do they restock oftern if we run out? (We tend to use them up fast)
Tissues yes, Kleenex brand no.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:29 PM   #2293
ashleywright
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know when pop's Christmas decorations go up? We are going to be their Nov. 9th - 15th and would love to see them!! Thanks!
Old 06-15-2014, 09:17 PM   #2294
Boardwalk Gal
Lean not on your own understanding.

Delete

All things work together for the good of those who love God, according to HIS plan. Romans 8:28
Old 06-16-2014, 12:45 AM   #2295
dobtia
DIS Veteran

So we just got back from our ninth trip, but fist on site and we absolutely loved the Pop Century. It was such and amazing trip. There are still advantages to staying off-site, but we are thinking about a trip next year and back to Pop.

We stayed in a 50's room that really close to parking lot (we drive in) and it was close to the pool and the Classic Hall. My son loved the pool even thought he closed it down twice. (Actually it was the weather but it was minutes after he jumped in). My son loved the arcade.

We used our car a couple of times but all of our experiences with the bus system was awesome. Heck at 1 am to come home after a long day we waited 4 minutes at MK to get a ride.

I think we will be back.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: