Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2014, 11:52 AM   #16
LoverDisney
Mouseketeer

We stayed at Pop in 2012 and loved it, but this time I wanted a change. I upgraded to CSR so I am glad that the reviews are great so far.
LoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:09 PM   #17
Christinaxo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariane37 View Post
I can't really help you, just want to say we're kind of in the same boat We're staying at CSR for the first time in August. I'm excited, the kids are excited about the pool - but I'm also nervous b/c of the size! We never felt size was an issue at the deluxes we've stayed at and of course didn't have a size issue at POFQ. We didn't like how far the LM rooms are from main building and bus stop at AOA though......

So having said all that, I'm still looking forward to trying it out! I love the looks of it and I have found lots of positive reviews. We didn't feel like FQ again; considered renting points again for BW or another deluxe but nothing good was coming up so CSR here we come ! I don't even think you can compare it to AKL so I wouldn't. And since your first choice was POR, hopefully the size at CSR won't bother you.

I also requested Cabanas 9A lol. So fingers crossed we both get our request and find a new resort we love
HAHA too funny! Yes fingers crossed for pixie dust for us!

Me DH DS(9) DD(4)

AKL- Aug 2013 CSR- Aug/Sept 2014
Christinaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2014, 12:15 PM   #18
Christinaxo
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone for the awesome reassurance! I do feel like it would be worth it because as some of you mentioned, CSR looks like we will feel like we are on "vacation" not just at Disney! We love Disney and are hooked already but it will be a nice break from the parks! Im thinking if I should try any of the restaurants. g Thanks again! August can not come soon enough!!!

Me DH DS(9) DD(4)

Old 06-13-2014, 12:29 PM   #19
Praying Colonel
DIS Veteran

We've stayed at both twice, including in the last 8 months. We like both but prefer CSR because it has more amenities than Pop (hot tub, quiet pools, etc.) and CSR has queen beds.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:49 PM   #20
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinaxo View Post
Thanks everyone for the awesome reassurance! I do feel like it would be worth it because as some of you mentioned, CSR looks like we will feel like we are on "vacation" not just at Disney! We love Disney and are hooked already but it will be a nice break from the parks! Im thinking if I should try any of the restaurants. g Thanks again! August can not come soon enough!!!
Honestly, if I were you I'd definitely try n score an adr at Maya Grill... This place is a hidden gem that not most know about, just mainly the CSR devotees. I also love the pepper market for quick service fare too.

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
DizDaD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:02 PM   #21
mojo0403
Earning My Ears

Loved reading your reviews guys. Can't wait as we have decided on CSR .... Happy happy happy.
Bring on July 2015 hehe 😛
mojo0403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:21 PM   #22
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

With CSR you might walk a bit more (if you are not "preferred") but the resort is so beautiful and the pool so amazing... You definitely made the right choice!
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:23 PM   #23
lupp2217
Loving Disney

OP, I didn't read all the posts so I may be the only one to say this but we stayed at CSR last year for the first time and will not be going back. I too was nervous about it but thought it looked so nice. We really liked the resort overall and the pool was awesome. We did not like the QS (which I know you said you aren't worried about) but we had TERRIBLE bus service. We stayed in Cabanas and several times buses would drive right past us because they would fill up in the casitas and ranchos sections. We missed EMH one morning due to this. We also waited an hour for a bus to go to DTD one evening with people jumping on the buses that did stop to pick up only a few people. It is a nice resort though and if we did go back we would request casitas section or walk to that bus stop to catch a bus. We have stayed at POP 3 times and love it and will be heading back in 9 days!
Old 06-14-2014, 08:33 AM   #24
ariane37
Mouseketeer

Quote:
HAHA too funny! Yes fingers crossed for pixie dust for us!
Definitely!! And we're both going in August - looks like we may even overlap a couple days. We're the 26th-Sept. 2nd. So hopefully not only are we both in Cabanas 9A, but at the same time too lol!!

Many trips as a kid with DM, DD, Dsis and Grams: July 1990(off-site) OMG, It's Hot! Oct. 2000(off-site),1st trip with DH Oct. 2006 (off-site) 1st trip with the boys! Jan. 2007 (off-site), trip w/ extended family Nov. 2007 OKW, first time on-site! Oct. 2010 BWV Oct. 2011 offsite/SSR Nov. 2012 BWV May 2013 POFQ Feb. 2014 POFQ/AOA LM[/SIZE]
ariane37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:47 AM   #25
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupp2217 View Post
OP, I didn't read all the posts so I may be the only one to say this but we stayed at CSR last year for the first time and will not be going back. I too was nervous about it but thought it looked so nice. We really liked the resort overall and the pool was awesome. We did not like the QS (which I know you said you aren't worried about) but we had TERRIBLE bus service. We stayed in Cabanas and several times buses would drive right past us because they would fill up in the casitas and ranchos sections. We missed EMH one morning due to this. We also waited an hour for a bus to go to DTD one evening with people jumping on the buses that did stop to pick up only a few people. It is a nice resort though and if we did go back we would request casitas section or walk to that bus stop to catch a bus. We have stayed at POP 3 times and love it and will be heading back in 9 days!
This is a rare occurrence if at all . Mostly all the talk is how awesome it is. Filled buses happen at all resorts I'm sure, but, no where near does it happen as much at CSR , than it does at all other resorts. The conventioneers are very rarely waking up early for EMH or RD, so buses are usually never full. We stayed in Casitas 4. What we did was walk to el centro, grab a quick bite, then hop on the bus stop there. We never waited for a 2nd bus, n immediately headed to the parks. When returning, we were the 1st dropped off.

Also just curious why, you didn't like the pepper market?

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
DizDaD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:30 PM   #26
Christinaxo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupp2217 View Post
While this makes me nervous, i must say I am coming to terms with the fact that there could be bus issues anywhere! Hopefully it wont be too bad when we are there and doesnt take away from our stay. But thank you for your honest experience! 9 days is so close how lucky!!! Enjoy your trip!!

Me DH DS(9) DD(4)

Old 06-14-2014, 07:32 PM   #27
Christinaxo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariane37 View Post
Definitely!! And we're both going in August - looks like we may even overlap a couple days. We're the 26th-Sept. 2nd. So hopefully not only are we both in Cabanas 9A, but at the same time too lol!!
Yes! Our dates are 8/29-9/7. Im so excited to do MNSSHP! I never wouldve thought we go to one of the parties so cant wait!

Me DH DS(9) DD(4)

Old 06-14-2014, 09:41 PM   #28
ariane37
Mouseketeer

Quote:
While this makes me nervous, i must say I am coming to terms with the fact that there could be bus issues anywhere! Hopefully it wont be too bad when we are there and doesnt take away from our stay. But thank you for your honest experience! 9 days is so close how lucky!!! Enjoy your trip!!
You hit it on the nose when you said there can be bus issues anywhere Our stays at SSR and OKW-big resorts with multiple bus stops-no issues. AOA with one stop we had quite a walk to-didn't like the walk, and you'd think the lines would be super long being that everyone was at the same stop. Well, it seemed that buses came there more frequently than any other resort we've stayed at! BWI-our favorite! Again fairly big, one stop. Not overly crowded but horrific service to DTD and MK, took forever for busses to show up. In that case, what's the difference between it taking a long time for a bus to get through multiple stops, or just waiting at ONE stop forever for a bus to come? Then, POFQ-smallest of all mods. First stay in May was perfect! No wait longer than 5 minutes, no sharing with Riverside, quick rides to all resorts. Stayed again in Feb. Had to take taxis 3x to get to ADR's when more than 30 minutes went by with no bus to needed park, AND we shared every day with Riverside so even though we got a seat as we were the first stop, it was about 15-20 minutes from the time we sat down until the time we were actually on our way to the park. So, it's really a crap shoot lol.

Christinaxo have you been on the Official August 2014 thread? Lots of good conversation over there from other Dis'ers going in Aug.

Many trips as a kid with DM, DD, Dsis and Grams: July 1990(off-site) OMG, It's Hot! Oct. 2000(off-site),1st trip with DH Oct. 2006 (off-site) 1st trip with the boys! Jan. 2007 (off-site), trip w/ extended family Nov. 2007 OKW, first time on-site! Oct. 2010 BWV Oct. 2011 offsite/SSR Nov. 2012 BWV May 2013 POFQ Feb. 2014 POFQ/AOA LM[/SIZE]
ariane37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:24 AM   #29
girlswithbows
Earning My Ears

We just got back where 2 if our 11 nights was at CSR and I have to admit we really did not like the resort at all. We wanted to try and glad we did but definitely won't stay there again. POR is definitely going to stay our go to moderate.
girlswithbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:41 AM   #30
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran

Been to both and enjoyed both. Kids LOVED the pool at CSR. I enjoyed the food both at the food court and Maya Grille. Yes, it is a huge resort. We had a preferred room so it wasn't quite as long a walk to the main building. I liked the theming, not as "in your face" Disney actually, but then I'm one who feels like the parks are the Disney I want to see, not the rooms. Because we drove, we didn't utilize the buses so I can't comment on that. For Pop it was just me and the kids (post divorce) and we loved it. Sure it's crowded, sure the beds are standard and not queen, blah, blah, blah.......we do the water parks so the lack of pool slide wasn't that big a deal for us. My daughter still talks about doing The Hustle every evening at 6 in the lobby.......basically the value resorts are going to be noisier but everyone is having fun and it's only for a short time. It's Disney HAVE FUN and live in the moment

Lynn, mom of 2

DS 14, DD 9
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: