Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2014, 10:54 AM   #2911
Twice_as_Nice
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNovacovschi View Post
It is just regular straws that u would use however I bought myself hard plastic straws from Disney that fit.
Awesome thanks so much.

Fight Fanconi Anemia
I can't believe we're going-Our Pre-Trip Report
Twice_as_Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:00 AM   #2912
Scarlett81
Mommy to my princess and lil pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twice_as_Nice View Post
Silly question but is it just a regular straw that you use in the mugs or do you get a hard reuseable straw?

Do you think a hard straw from say a Starbucks cup, the re-useable ones, would fit in the mugs?
Its a good point about bringing your own straws, especially if you are staying on AKL or AKV property, or AKP as straws are banned property wide there due to animal conservation.
Its just a small thing, but we stayed at AKL last year and my 2 yo had the hardest time with those paper straws (that soggy and fall apart immediately). Bringing my own, or better yet a reusable one would've saved many dirty shirts!

CF Make a Wish Trip O/S-87' Fort Wilderness Campground-99' O/S-03' O/S-04' O/S-08' O/S-09' Beach Club-10' Grand Floridian-11' FW Cabins-11'
Sister's/Girl's Trip AKL 12' Princess Half Marathon Finisher!!! (Split stay Dolphin and BC) 13' FW Rv trip! 13' Beach Club weekend coming up! 13' Princess Half Marathon Finisher 2014' (Split stay Swan and AKL)
WL for end of school year celebration..June 14' Disney Princess Half Marathon family trip FW Feb 15'
Scarlett81 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2014, 02:48 PM   #2913
michellelovesthemous
DIS Veteran

Question Split trip 2 DDP does that mean 2 mugs??

We have a mini trip w/regular DDP for 3 days before our 13 day free dining plan trip starts with the new process does this mean for the 3 of us we shall be coming home with 6 mugs at the end of 16 days?? it will be at the same resort the whole time and I was just wondering...
Old 06-04-2014, 03:25 PM   #2914
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellelovesthemous View Post
We have a mini trip w/regular DDP for 3 days before our 13 day free dining plan trip starts with the new process does this mean for the 3 of us we shall be coming home with 6 mugs at the end of 16 days?? it will be at the same resort the whole time and I was just wondering...
It's kind of up to you. With the first leg of you trip you will get mugs with the DDP. The mugs you get with the DDP are defaulted to "length of stay". "Length of stay" mugs are defaulted to 14 days. So those mugs you get first will be good for 14 days. So you can either get 3 new mugs when you start the 2nd leg of your trip. Or on day 15 bring your mugs to the food court with your confirmation number from your free dining leg and they will activate them for the rest of your stay.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:08 PM   #2915
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, you'll get 2 mugs, as dansdad explained above. I'm curious how you'll be handling tickets?
Old 06-05-2014, 03:56 PM   #2916
nalajms
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, extra mugs! We had multiple reservations with dining plans last month. I picked up the last set of mugs on our check out day. I told them not to bother activating them. They are great souvenirs or gifts for people at home.
nalajms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:59 AM   #2917
michellelovesthemous
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOHsie View Post
Yes, you'll get 2 mugs, as dansdad explained above. I'm curious how you'll be handling tickets?
By tickets do you mean park tickets? We have a 10 day single park w/water park add on for the main trip and the quikie we have a 1 day for DHS to get DDP and our down day will be Hoop de Doo cause arrival day is always tea and DTD!

Thank you all for your responses I was curious how it will be handled!
Old 06-08-2014, 12:10 PM   #2918
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
By tickets do you mean park tickets? We have a 10 day single park w/water park add on for the main trip and the quikie we have a 1 day for DHS to get DDP and our down day will be Hoop de Doo cause arrival day is always tea and DTD!

Thank you all for your responses I was curious how it will be handled!
I was wondering how you were handling so many days at WDW with the 2 required ticket purchases. Sounds like you need 11 park days, no way around it except AP.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:38 AM   #2919
garydeb
Mouseketeer

Smile OKW refills

Hi,

Does anyone know at OKW where besides "Good's food to go" do I get my RIF mug refilled?

Thanks!!
garydeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:41 AM   #2920
breick
Mouseketeer

Only other place is Turtle Pond pool counter during the hours it it open (very limited hours).

[img]http://www.asdreamersdo.com/images/dis/fw**********003.gif[/img]
breick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:15 PM   #2921
MagentaMulan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
The new mugs are dull looking with characters apparently checking into a hotel. The previous mugs had characters at a pool, although most people seem to think it's a beach, it's not.
Do the designs change annually?
MagentaMulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:36 PM   #2922
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagentaMulan View Post
Do the designs change annually?
They have not been changing annually, no. The previous design, with lid color variations and then the addition of "RapidFill" labeling, was used from February 2011 until February 2014.

No predictions on how long this new design will be used.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:07 PM   #2923
Zeusesmom
Earning My Ears

One night room only

Hi, I have a room only reservation for Aug. 30th. Then we have a package with free dining Aug. 31st. through sept 7th. Would the mugs be activated for the day of our room only (the 30th) or start when our package starts on Aug. 31st Thanks!

Last edited by Zeusesmom; 06-20-2014 at 08:21 PM.
Zeusesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 05:52 AM   #2924
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeusesmom View Post
Hi, I have a room only reservation for Aug. 30th. Then we have a package with free dining Aug. 31st. through sept 7th. Would the mugs be activated for the day of our room only (the 30th) or start when our package starts on Aug. 31st Thanks!
You can't start any aspect of a Dining Plan until the day you check in for that package - so your ability to obtain the included mug, and so fill it, would start 8/31.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:38 PM   #2925
Zeusesmom
Earning My Ears

Thanks Kay!!!
Zeusesmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: