Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 02:59 PM   #1036
disney meema
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three cats View Post
We have a lagoon view room booked and I was wondering....looking at a map, it looks like Big Pine Key is facing the Poly? What about Boca Chica? Is the view from there strictly the lagoon? I am just trying to get an idea what building to request as we'd most prefer to just see the lagoon. Also, are Sago Cay and Conch Key mostly reserved for TPV on the lagoon side? Sorry for so many questions! Thanks
You can ask for conch key building for a lagoon view and you may get both TPV and lagoon view. It's happens to us more than once .... It's my favorite building for sure : )
Yep Big Pine would be facing the poly. Be sure when you make request you say what you want, and not what you don't want and on and on ... Simple is better I have found since it glanced at and assigned.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:05 PM   #1037
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney meema View Post
You can ask for conch key building for a lagoon view and you may get both TPV and lagoon view. It's happens to us more than once .... It's my favorite building for sure : )
Yep Big Pine would be facing the poly. Be sure when you make request you say what you want, and not what you don't want and on and on ... Simple is better I have found since it glanced at and assigned.
Thank you so much. Yes, I agree. Simple is best
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2014, 11:21 AM   #1038
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Good Morning fellow GF fans!

Back from another grand stay at our fave resort!! Bet there has been lots of planning going on around here....

Lots going on at the GF...SL is in the midst of its renovation...saw workmen checking things in RPC...for its upcoming rehab I suppose...

Will be back later or tomorrow with food news...lol..its always about the food...and renovation details...after a looooong flight delay I am still catchin up on getting back to reality!

Hope that you are all having a terrific Thursday! preppy GF gal who "needed" to book a bounce back!!!

Old 06-12-2014, 12:45 PM   #1039
bhyer
Mouseketeer

Sooooo excited!! Just changed our reservation from CR over to Grand Floridian. Did I mention I'm excited!! Can not wait to stay at this beautiful resort for the first time
Old 06-12-2014, 12:53 PM   #1040
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post

Back from another grand stay at our fave resort!! Bet there has been lots of planning going on around here....

Lots going on at the GF...SL is in the midst of its renovation...saw workmen checking things in RPC...for its upcoming rehab I suppose...

Will be back later or tomorrow with food news...lol..its always about the food...and renovation details...after a looooong flight delay I am still catchin up on getting back to reality!

Hope that you are all having a terrific Thursday! preppy GF gal who "needed" to book a bounce back!!!
Welcome Back! I can't wait to read all about your trip and the food.

Everyone "needs" a bounce back. Rest up and I'll be waiting to hear all about it.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

Old 06-12-2014, 12:53 PM   #1041
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhyer View Post
Sooooo excited!! Just changed our reservation from CR over to Grand Floridian. Did I mention I'm excited!! Can not wait to stay at this beautiful resort for the first time
Congratulations -- I admit once you stay GF, it is really hard to stay anywhere else -- although my ticker indicates I do cheat on the Grand - but I feel bad about it.

Tom
Old 06-12-2014, 01:34 PM   #1042
Lisann
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitts2008 View Post
First thanks for putting together such a great informative thread.

We are surprising my mom with a stay a GF. I am thinking about doing club level. It's been rough for all of us since my dad passed and my mom has chronic health issues so I want to really make this trip special. Any tips for taking a handicapped person to GF?

She uses a walker but will use a wheelchair in the parks and maybe at the resort. I will be booking handicapped room. Are all areas of the resort wheelchair accessible? Does the pool have a water wheelchair?

And of course is club level worth it?? I know that's a trick question. I'm thinking that since my mom can only handle 1/2 days at the parks that she can hang out in the lounge. Anyone who has traveled with a parent who complains too much will understand why I want to keep her safe and happy. This is our fourth time to wdw. We usually stay at CBR but I want our last trip special and mostly free of my wanting to bang my head against the wall. Thanks :-)
Someone else will come along and address the club level aspect, as I haven't stayed club level....yet.

I remember seeing a water wheelchair.

Your mother will love the lobby and music at the Grand!

I've stayed at: Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club, Yacht Club and Port Orleans Riverside, Dolphin.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:38 PM   #1043
kgoodb00
Disney Fanatic

I have always wanted to stay at the Grand. After looking through this thread and seeing the newer room refurbs, I want to stay even more. They look beautiful. When we head to WDW next June, I was debating on staying our first night at the Grand (the rest of the trip would be at BC). Would it be worth it, or do you think it's a hassle to just stay one night and then move to another resort?? We plan on getting into town between 3 and 4 pm and will just have dinner reservations at Chef Mickey's or O'hana and don't plan on going to a park! Any advice, suggestions would be great!!

Me DH DS(13) DD(10)

BCV:07/2005--POP:03/2007--POFQ:03/2011--CBR:04/2012 --BC:06/2013--YC/WL:10/2014

Old 06-12-2014, 01:59 PM   #1044
Lisann
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post
Congratulations -- I admit once you stay GF, it is really hard to stay anywhere else -- although my ticker indicates I do cheat on the Grand - but I feel bad about it.

Tom

I've stayed at: Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club, Yacht Club and Port Orleans Riverside, Dolphin.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:40 PM   #1045
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Trish...I think the more appropriate smiley for RPC at rack rate is ...or ...or !!
Absolutely Doesn't stop me from considering but then I have to multiply by 2 rooms YOWZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Hello, Grand friends! Sorry I've been out of touch for so long, it has been a busy spring in my house. I'll try to get back into posting mode!

Mickeynut, pixarmom, SueM, Trish and all my Grand Groupies I am unintentionally leaving out
Old 06-12-2014, 02:49 PM   #1046
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hi there! Welcome back...so eager to hear your report! Don't keep us in suspense long ...you said you needed to book a bounceback, but did not say you DID!

Old 06-12-2014, 02:52 PM   #1047
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitts2008 View Post
First thanks for putting together such a great informative thread.

We are surprising my mom with a stay a GF. I am thinking about doing club level. It's been rough for all of us since my dad passed and my mom has chronic health issues so I want to really make this trip special. Any tips for taking a handicapped person to GF?

She uses a walker but will use a wheelchair in the parks and maybe at the resort. I will be booking handicapped room. Are all areas of the resort wheelchair accessible? Does the pool have a water wheelchair?

And of course is club level worth it?? I know that's a trick question. I'm thinking that since my mom can only handle 1/2 days at the parks that she can hang out in the lounge. Anyone who has traveled with a parent who complains too much will understand why I want to keep her safe and happy. This is our fourth time to wdw. We usually stay at CBR but I want our last trip special and mostly free of my wanting to bang my head against the wall. Thanks :-)
The pools have, at least the beach pool, had a hoyer lift (big one) for handicap access in and out.

Tom
Old 06-12-2014, 04:02 PM   #1048
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Hello !! We're finally planning our next trip to Disney! (even though it's June 2016, I'm still excited....) At first I was settled on the YC or BC, but it's hard not to come back to the GF. So I'm totally unsure at this point.....

So I think I'll hop back on this thread and peek in on all the pictures and trip reviews. Our last trip to the GF was not the best at all.... our first trip was a dream come true trip then the second one kind of stunk. But we all loved the GF so much.... there's a part of me that keeps hearing "pick me!!". I know it's the ONLY one my DH loves....

So, for the next 1 1/2 years, I'm going to drive myself insane overthinking this.... but in the meantime, it's going to be SO much fun to see everyone's pictures!!

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
Old 06-12-2014, 04:42 PM   #1049
disney meema
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good Morning fellow GF fans! Back from another grand stay at our fave resort!! Bet there has been lots of planning going on around here.... Lots going on at the GF...SL is in the midst of its renovation...saw workmen checking things in RPC...for its upcoming rehab I suppose... Will be back later or tomorrow with food news...lol..its always about the food...and renovation details...after a looooong flight delay I am still catchin up on getting back to reality! Hope that you are all having a terrific Thursday! preppy GF gal who "needed" to book a bounce back!!!
Welcome back and sooo looking forward to reading how fabulous your trip was ... And yes it is about the food too : )
Old 06-12-2014, 04:43 PM   #1050
disney meema
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhyer View Post
Oh your going to love love love your stay it's so beautiful : )
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: