Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 11:02 AM   #1006
helenb
Wishing for the World...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Those are the best ... it's so hard to figure out which one to buy though!
Then you just buy them all!
Old 06-11-2014, 12:48 PM   #1007
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ
Mouseketeer

I'm so excited that we are finally staying at the BC -- even if it is only for 3 nights

We're doing our first split stay -- 7 nights @ CSR w/free dining and 3 nights @ BC dining OOP.

I'm most excited about SAB. We've eaten at CMC (H's fav) every trip and my girls ALWAYS ask about SAB and now they can finally go in!!!

We're keeping the BC part a secret. I can't wait for them to thin that we're leaving only to hop over to another resort AND go to MVMCP!

We will depart CSR on a Saturday and we're using that entire day to get to know the resort -- so hopefully the weather works with us! Our plan is to have a quick breakfast in the club lounge at CSR and then head over to the BC. I doubt our room will be ready, but at least we can enjoy the resort while we wait.

I'm going to make a conscious effort not to "wish away" our CSR stay, as it's our first time staying there, too -- but I can't wait to finally stay at the BC!!!
January 2013, Pop!
December 2013, POR-Alligator Bayou
March 2014, Pop! {Solo}
November 2014 {Jersey Week}, CSR- Business Class w/Free Dining

~~~~~~~~~Taking a Disney Break! Not sure when we'll be back...~~~~~~~~~
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2014, 01:07 PM   #1008
msdroz
Mouseketeer

It's getting so close and I'm almost a little sad because I'm going to miss all of the planning once its all over!!!!! I know we can always go back but I think it's going to be several years before we go again as we have several other places we'd like to visit.

Does anyone else feel this way once it's all over?
Old 06-11-2014, 01:13 PM   #1009
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Online check-in or no?

Normally, I'm not a fan of online check-in but....

We just decided to add an extra night to our October trip and had hoped to extend our CL stay but sadly the YC had absolutely nothing available with our BB promo on either end of our week (no CL, no regular rooms, nada). So... we both figured if we have to switch resorts, better to do so in the beginning of our stay so we booked our first night at CSR business class and plan to just cab it over to the YC when we check out in the morning. In this case, are we better off checking in online? Any real advantage?
1997:Travelodge-DTD| 2005:ASMu| 2007:POP| 2009:CSR| 2010:AKL| 2011:BC CL| 2012:BC CL| 2013:BC CL| Oct. 2013:BC|Aug. 2014:GF| Oct. 2014: CR CL &YC CL| Dec. 2014: CSR| Jan 2015: CSR|Aug 2015: CR CL & Poly CL

Old 06-11-2014, 01:28 PM   #1010
sarahcathryn
Earning My Ears

Officially booked September 24-29, 2014 at the YC! We reserved a Garden View room. Any recommendations when doing online check in? There will be 3 adults, first time at a deluxe.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:16 PM   #1011
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdroz View Post
It's getting so close and I'm almost a little sad because I'm going to miss all of the planning once its all over!!!!! I know we can always go back but I think it's going to be several years before we go again as we have several other places we'd like to visit.

I totally feel like that every time. After our first trip, I knew we weren't going again for another 3 years. Because we like to stay at a deluxe, we budget for all that time, so it takes a while longer. But the planning is SO. MUCH. FUN!!!!

Then I need therapy when we get home because it's all over. It's hard because we seem to go every 3 years....after our last trip, we had a bad experience at the GF and my DH said, no more. It made me so sad. But it's funny, I was showing him some posts on this thread and the pictures of the YC/ BC and the SAB and now he's all for going again... which is HUGE for him because this is the guy that would never stay off the monorail. We're still 2 years away, but I'm going to milk the planning for all it's worth!! I can't wait!

So take heart, you're not alone.....

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
Old 06-11-2014, 02:24 PM   #1012
HParr
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
Live update:... Then we were off to MGM (sorry, I'm old school). The crowds there were fabulous! We rode Star Tours, TSM, ToT (all with FP's) GMR, One Man's Dream (this was a first for me) and single rider RNR. We spent less than three hours there! MK had evening EMH until 2am last night so when were were done at MGM we headed over there.
Just lovin' your live reports! So much fun! I was wondering though...how did you get over to MK from MGM (aka HS) and how long did it take you. We will be park hopping the end of next month and MK always seems daunting to get to as a 2nd hop.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:26 PM   #1013
BabyFu18
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone, I have a question about the use of pool noodles at SAB. I understand pool noodles are acceptable to use at SAB but inflatables are not permitted. I found these things called twisty tubes and they are basically like an inflatable pool noodle. Does anyone know if these would be acceptable to use at SAB? It would be easy to pack them instead of regular foam pool noodles, but if they aren't permitted since they are inflatable I'll just leave them at home and get some of the regular ones instead.

I am pretty sure we wouldn't be able to use these twisty tubes at the pool, we will just save them for use at the beach, but I thought I'd throw the question out there just in case I'm wrong.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:28 PM   #1014
DawnMaree
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Every. Single. Time.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:58 PM   #1015
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Just back from work, and I know I am several pages behind here! If I haven't had a chance to welcome you yet to the thread, I'll get to you in the next day or so.

Wanted to give you all a heads-up that my latest trip report chapter (mostly pictures) is all about Stormalong Bay, and a certain, special green beverage.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....145135&page=73

Old 06-11-2014, 03:26 PM   #1016
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Just back from work, and I know I am several pages behind here! If I haven't had a chance to welcome you yet to the thread, I'll get to you in the next day or so.

Wanted to give you all a heads-up that my latest trip report chapter (mostly pictures) is all about Stormalong Bay, and a certain, special green beverage.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....145135&page=73

Now those are some awesome vacation pictures!!!!

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
Old 06-11-2014, 04:01 PM   #1017
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Quote:

YES!!!! We go every June and every year I try to do 10 new things and this really keeps me busy and thinking all year....We are on a split stay at GFV and YC CL this summer and then a few nights at Universal. So I love planning and agonizing all year and coming up with my 10 new things that when it finally arrives a lot of the fun is gone for me b/c this is a complete hobby for me. DD15 is bring a friend this summer and now a few other families have asked us to go in April 2015 for Spring Break so I get to plan a trip 10 months out instead of 12 months so that helps..but I do get pretty sad depression when it is over...This year as a surprise, after we check out of US/IOA, I am going to AKL for a surprise night before we head home. Girls think we are going to the airport, but alas one last surprise!!!!! I can't leave Florid from universal property....just wouldn't be right...

Old 06-11-2014, 04:04 PM   #1018
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahcathryn View Post
Officially booked September 24-29, 2014 at the YC! We reserved a Garden View room. Any recommendations when doing online check in? There will be 3 adults, first time at a deluxe.
Not a fan of online check in...I would request HIGH UP FLOOR with view of wedding gazebo. Depending on where you are positioned you have a chance at a side lagoon view for a garden view price.

Old 06-11-2014, 04:11 PM   #1019
ToyStory3
DIS Veteran

As of today we have 101 days until our September BCR trip!!! I celebrated by texting my DH, sister, and brother in law and told them I'm going to text them a WDW photo every day for the next 101 days. Not sure how they feel about that but I'm super excited!

Old 06-11-2014, 04:23 PM   #1020
jcondrad
Mouseketeer

I am so excited that we will be staying Beach Club Sept 12-18!! We have not been there for 3 years and have been doing trips on the cheap, but have decided its time to go back to our favorite home!!

Now just waiting to see what AP rates are, might bump us to CL if we can get a std on discount!

Glad to be back as part of the group

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: