Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2014, 12:09 PM   #1
Jaxs27
Mouseketeer

"Keep Calm and Cruise On" Western Caribbean Fantasy Cruise Trip Report

Welcome to the "Keep Calm and Cruise On" Western Caribbean Fantasy Cruise Trip Report.

Here is my pre-trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3269350 in case you want to get to know the cast better. I am 12 years old and not your ordinary tween. I love all things Disney!( But who doesn't) I am writing this under my mother's account.

My family and I just returned from the beautiful Disney Fantasy. We sailed the Western Caribbean itinerary C, which included Cozumel Mexico, Grand Cayman, Falmouth Jamaica and Disney's gorgeous private island, Castaway Cay. The cruise was from May 24- 31, and was probably the BEST VACATION EVER!!! The only bad part about it was leaving.

Without further ado
Let's introduce the cast!!!
If you would like to get to know the cast better, go to the pre-trip report (Even Miracles Take a Little Time!! Western Caribbean Fantasy Cruise Pre-Trip Report)

Lady's and Gent's, please put your hands together for.......

Me!!! Hailey

As I said before, I am not your average "tween". I enjoy browsing threw disboards, reading Trip reports, and planning disney vacations. I am a competitive dancer and enjoy art and drama.

Dad (DF)

My father, Chris, is the kindest person I know. He is a hardworking man who worked a ton of extra hours for this trip. He also drove us all the way from Texas to Port Canaveral. He works at Harley Davidson Financial.

Mom (DM)

My mother , Lori , is the main planner ( besides me) of all the disney vacations and trips we take. She is a teacher and a mother of three wonderful children!!

Logan (DB1)

My brother Logan is a video game freak who claims he doesn't like Disney. But at heart, I know he always looks forward to seeing mickey mouse on our trips. He is 10 and is entering 6th grade.

Mason (DB2)

Mason is a ball of energy that never burns out. He loves disney (not as much as I do ) and loves to pose in most of his photos. He is going into 2nd grade and is 7 years old.

On this trip we stayed in a deluxe family port hole room on deck 8 Forward. I did take pictures of our food, but there aren't a lot of pictures of the buffets or Flo's V-8 Cafe. As most of those were quick easy meals. Also most of the lunch meals were not as a whole family. Me and DB1 were in the Edge which is right next to the pool deck ( Edge is in the funnel) so me and DB1 went down to get snacks quite often. DB2 was In the Oceaneers Club and enjoyed it very much!! I hope you read on as I add to the Report. If you were on the same cruise, feel free to comment & add pictures. Even if you were not on the Cruise, you may also comment.
2008 Pop
2009 All-Star Movies
2010 Offsite (never again)
2010 All-star sports
2012 5 night Bahamas cruise on Magic
2013 POR
2014 All-Star Movies Half-Marathon
2014 7-night Fantasy Western Caribbean
7-night Fantasy Western CaribbeanFantasy Pre-Trip Report

Last edited by Jaxs27; 06-09-2014 at 12:36 PM.
Jaxs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:32 PM   #2
maggonz9
Earning My Ears

Looking forward to hearing about your trip from your perspective. I have a 12 year old that will be sailing with us in September.
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2014, 03:52 PM   #3
Jaxs27
Mouseketeer

The Drive and The Port

Hello Everyone !!!! I'm ready to start this thing!! Sooo... without further ado.....

The Drive and The Port

The Drive

We left on Thursday May 22 and drove all the way from Fort Worth, Texas to Port Canaveral, Florida. A 20hr lloonngg drive.Sorry but I don't have any pictures of the drive or the food we had, because the camera was packed in the bags in the trunk. We did stop at a Dairy Queen in Texas for dinner that night. FUNNY STORY: On our last disney trip ( WDW POR 2013) we stopped at this DQ. We ordered our food and my father got a "Dude" ( a chicken fried steak sandwich). Well the DQ was a small gas station of the side of the highway. So when my when we ordered something the cashier would yell back to the kitchen the order. So the moment went sort of like this. " Drop a Small Fries! Drop a Cheese Burger! Drop a Chicken Basket! Drop a DUDE!!". Now I know what your thinking, "Seriously!! How is that funny??". Well I actually don't know why it's so funny?? But it was the slogan of our last trip. So saying all that , we HAD to go to that Dairy Queen. As I said earlier, we did not take any pictures of the drive. ( If I do find some though, I will add them to this.) But If you want to know what we got ........

DF & DB2 -Dude (yes they said "Drop a DUDE"!!! x2)
DM & DB1 - Chicken Fried steak finger basket 6ct ( They shared)
Me - Chicken finger basket 4ct

Blizzards!!

Me - small strawberry shortcake blizzard
DF - dipped cone
DM - mini oreo Blizzard
DB1 - Medium oreo blizzard
DB2 - Mini strawberry shortcake blizzard

It was a good meal but DQ's are so pricey!!!
After a "okay" sleep in the car, we were in Florida!! For breakfast we stopped at a Mcdonalds. We got .....

DB1 & 2 - Pancakes
Me - Sausage biscuit
DF & DM -Sausage Mcmuffin

Breakfast was fine. We stopped at a Mcdonalds and there were 2 buses full of people in there so we left and went to another one wich was abandoned besides us and some other family's. Later when we got to Daytona we stopped for Chick-fil-a. We got ...

Me & DF - 6ct nugget kids meal
DB1 & 2 - 4ct nugget kids meal
DM - 8ct nuggets (not meal)

After lunch we traded the kids toys for ice cream!!

The Port

After about a hour more of driving , we finally got to the hotel!!! We were staying at the Country Inn and Suites at Cape Canaveral. We stayed at this hotel last time and loved the accommodations it offered. Including free parking, Complementary breakfast and transportation to the port.

The Hotel

The Lobby

The Pool (We never swam)

The Room

The room we got was only $200 a night and it had a view of the pool and a little bed area ( with 3 beds) for the kids. It was a family room.

For dinner that night we went to Rustys.

My family loves Rusty's because it's great food on the port. During dinner we saw dolphins in the water!!! (sorry no pics!! I promise there will be a ton once we get on the boat)For dinner we got...

DF -Mahi Mahi sandwich -fried
Me & DM -Captain's Seafood Platter - jumbo shrimp, sea scallops, oysters, clam strips & mahi mahi. fried to a crispy golden brown.
DB1 - Kids fried shrimp
DB2 - Kids mac'n'cheese wedges

It was a wonderful meal that included this beautiful sight of the disney port!!!

When we got back to the hotel, we took shower's, watched tv, and slept soudly dreaming about the day ahead!!
2008 Pop
2009 All-Star Movies
2010 All-star sports
2013 POR
Old 06-09-2014, 07:21 PM   #4
DMMarla07860
DIS Veteran

lovely trip report, can't wait to read more
July 14th-18th, 2002- 3 Night Resort and 4 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, April 23rd-30th, 2005- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, August 19th-26th, 2006- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Double Dip Cruise, September 6th-9th, 2007- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, July 13th- 20th, 2008- Mexican Riviera Disney Magic Cruise, February 21st-28th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 28th-March 7th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Cruise, August 27th-30th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, December 10th-13th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, March 6th-13th, 2010- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 17th-20th, 2011- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, February 20th-24th, 2011- 4 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 27th-May 3rd, 2011- 6 Night LA to Vancouver Disney Wonder Cruise
February 16th-19th, 2012- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 21st-28th, 2012- 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Cruise(first one),
June 15th-17th, 2012- 2 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC), August 17th- 25th, 2012- 8 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC)March 16th-23rd, 2013-7 Night Disney Fantasy Western March 23rd-30th, 2013-Disney Fantasy EasternUpcoming Cruises: November 20th-24th, 2013- Disney Magic
DMMarla07860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:01 AM   #5
Jaxs27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggonz9 View Post
Looking forward to hearing about your trip from your perspective. I have a 12 year old that will be sailing with us in September.
That's so cool!! Where does your cruise go to and is it on the fantasy?? I can't wait to add more to the report !!
2008 Pop
2009 All-Star Movies
2010 All-star sports
2013 POR
Old 06-10-2014, 10:03 AM   #6
Jaxs27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMMarla07860 View Post
lovely trip report, can't wait to read more
Thank you !!!! I can't wait to write more!!!
2008 Pop
2009 All-Star Movies
2010 All-star sports
2013 POR
Old 06-10-2014, 02:20 PM   #7
tinkerbell1112
Earning My Ears

going to follow this - love that you love Disney so much. We're driving from FW to Port Canaveral over spring break and I'm curious - did you drive straight through or stay the night somewhere mid way? I was told it was only 17 hours??!! LOL. Did you make a lot of stops? Or long ones when you did?
Old 06-10-2014, 04:47 PM   #8
Jaxs27
Mouseketeer

The Moment Before !!!

The Moment Before !!!

So, when I got up that morning it felt like pixie dust was running through my blood !! All I could think about was that," Today I'm going to walk on, sleep on, eat on, swim on, have the vacation of my life on, The Disney Fantasy!!!". I was SO excited!! We woke up and all of us quickly got dressed In are awesome"Keep Calm and Cruise On " t-shirts. DM stayed in the room to finish getting ready, while we went down for breakfast. The hotel we stayed at provided a complementary buffet breakfast. The buffet included (sorry no pics) different cereals, eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, and mini muffins. Also bread and bagels(there was a toaster) a selection of butters, jams, and jellys, and 2 waffle irons to make waffles. After my mom came down to get a bite, we went back up to the room. By the way are room # was 205 if you were wondering. When you stay at this hotel , you get free parking and transportation to the port. Which is nice when you don't want to pay $75 on parking. So when you check in you get a time to meet in a room to get loaded on to the bus to the port. Are time was 11:00 so we waited in the room a long while before we went down to the meeting area.When it was 10:45 we headed down to the waiting area. There where 2 ships at the port that day. The Disney Fantasy, and the Carnival Liberty.They got the Carnival people on the 1st bus and then we got on the 2nd. On are last trip we did the same shuttle service and had a driver named Dwayne who was very funny. We all hoped he would be our driver, and guess what , HE WAS!!!! He joked about the Carnival cruisers and said that they had life jackets and 1st Aid kits in there bags!! He also did some disney trivia which I got all right! I'm not kidding. When he said a question I quickly answered it correctly!! What sad is that I never got the chance to make it to trivia on the boat. Finally we saw this beauty!!!!!!

It was cute hearing all the little kids yell " DUMBO " when they saw the back of the boat.

We got our key to the world card and went up to security. After that we got checked into the ship and the kids clubs. Then we walked through.......

THE MICKEY EARS!!!!

I'm sorry this post didn't have a lot of pictures. I promise this is the last one that has limited pictures!!!!
2008 Pop
2009 All-Star Movies
2010 All-star sports
2013 POR
Old 06-10-2014, 05:58 PM   #9
tinkerbell1112
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxs27 View Post
He joked about the Carnival cruisers and said that they had life jackets and 1st Aid kits in there bags!!
that's hilarious!!
Old 06-11-2014, 12:03 PM   #10
Jaxs27
Mouseketeer

The First Steps!!

The First Steps!!

As we exited the terminal , we went through the famous MICKEY EARs!!

Earlier when we got our KTTW cards and Silver Castaway Cay lanyards, they took our pictures to put on the KTTW cards. Well when you go through the mickey ears, down the hallway they scan your card. After they scan the card it pops up the picture you took. And of coarse, mine had a picture of DF so we went of to the side in to another room to fix it. After that we took the family picture and waited in line to board the ship. Probably the best part of the trip was probably hearing the cast members announce your family name!!!

The first pic we took aboard the Disney Fantasy!!!!!

When you board, Cast Members tell you to go to Cabana's but we went down to the Enchanted Garden. EG is a very beautiful restaurant and was probably our family's favorite!!!

This was the entrance to the restaurant

And these chairs were to cute!!!!

Now time to the food!! Our 1st meal on the FANTASY !!!!! How the buffet was arranged was that on both sides there was the lunch food then desert was in the middle. In the very middle there was an ice cream station Now the 1st food pics !!!

Starting from top: Asparagus, Jonah Crab Claw, Mashed Potatoes, Beef Tenderloin (I think) Pico de Gallo Chicken, some type of pork with the bone, and Shrimp coleslaw.

Favorite- Shrimp coleslaw It was very flavorful and tasty. The shrimp was delicious also!!
Least Favorite- the pork on the bone(sorry that I forgot what it was) All it was , was fat.

From left-right: Cranberry Cheesecake and Carrot Cake
cheesecake- It had a jell on top which might be good to some but I'm not a jell-o or jelly fan. The cheesecake part was delicious!! The bottom crust tasted burnt and it was awful.
carrot cake- very moist with a nice icing( not a cream cheese icing)

Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream - good

Rainbow Sherbert- good

Chocolate Mousse- very creamy

I will be rating the meal from to bad to amazing

Overall this meal was I would defiantly recommend going to Enchanted Garden over Cabana's.
2008 Pop
2009 All-Star Movies
2010 All-star sports
2013 POR

Last edited by Jaxs27; 07-17-2014 at 03:44 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:28 PM   #11
Susan121302
Mouseketeer

Great report so far! I can't wait to read more, especially about the Edge, as I am sailing next April with DS who will be 12.
Susan121302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:00 PM   #12
Jaxs27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell1112 View Post
going to follow this - love that you love Disney so much. We're driving from FW to Port Canaveral over spring break and I'm curious - did you drive straight through or stay the night somewhere mid way? I was told it was only 17 hours??!! LOL. Did you make a lot of stops? Or long ones when you did?
When my family make the long drive we do not stay the night any where, we sleep in the car. It might be 17 hrs I'm not sure!!?? We do take 10-30 min stops for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also if the weather is bad we go a bit slower than if it was sunny. We have snacks and drinks in the car and only mainly stop for bathroom breaks. Who knows, my friends and family say I over exaggerate a lot so I might of did that.
2008 Pop
2009 All-Star Movies
2010 All-star sports
2013 POR
Old 06-11-2014, 01:07 PM   #13
Jaxs27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan121302 View Post
Great report so far! I can't wait to read more, especially about the Edge, as I am sailing next April with DS who will be 12.
Me and my brother both enjoyed the Edge. It had a lot of activity's that both me and him liked. I will be writing about the kids clubs soon and will be including a lot of stuff from mainly the Edge and a little bit from the Lab & Club. I'm really excited to write about the Edge because there really isn't a lot of info on it , not even on the Disney Cruise Line website.
2008 Pop
2009 All-Star Movies
2010 All-star sports
2013 POR
Old 06-11-2014, 02:50 PM   #14
WhenUWishUponA5tar
Earning My Ears

Such a wonderful report so far. August will be our 2nd Fantasy cruise and can't wait. I searched these boards for 1 year before our first to find out everything I could. I am again searching the boards so that I might luck up on some new information like you provided about the Enchanted Garden buffett. I only thought they served, never knew about the buffett so thanks for the tip. I look forward to hearing more about your trip.
WhenUWishUponA5tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:14 PM   #15
tinkerbell1112
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxs27 View Post
When my family make the long drive we do not stay the night any where, we sleep in the car. It might be 17 hrs I'm not sure!!?? We do take 10-30 min stops for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also if the weather is bad we go a bit slower than if it was sunny. We have snacks and drinks in the car and only mainly stop for bathroom breaks. Who knows, my friends and family say I over exaggerate a lot so I might of did that.
thank you

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: