Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2014, 06:12 PM   #1
Donna3271
DIS Veteran

Port Canaveral Hotels

Hi All,
I've always left from MCO or WDW, but this upcoming cruise we are staying in Port Canaveral pre cruise.

Anyone stay at the Radisson? Country Inn and Suites? Any suggestions or reviews would be great! How was the shuttle service to the port?

THANKS!
Donna3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:38 PM   #2
MattMatts-Momma
311 Miles from the Wilderness Lodge!!

We just stayed at the Radisson pre-cruise last week. We thought it was just perfect for a one night stay. Upon check-in the, the young lady at the front desk asked if we would like a complimentary upgrade to a one bedroom suite, we said sure. The room itself was nice and very clean. The decor might be a little dated and in need of an upgrade, but it kind of had a tropical/old Florida feel to it. There was a king sized Sleep Number bed in the room and it was in good working condition.

The pool area was very nice, as was the lobby area. The departure to the port via their shuttle was organized. The return trip to the hotel was just as good. We were off the ship and the driver was there waiting and we were back to the hotel within 15 minutes. I think it is the third hotel from the port.

I would not hesitate to stay here again when we go. I don't recommend the Italian restaurant next door though, it just didn't taste very good.
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2014, 06:43 PM   #3
Donna3271
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for your detailed response! I just found out other family members booked the Radisson, so it looks like I will just book there.

I have read Marriott Residence Inn is the best, but for one night, the kids would rather be with their cousins.

Thanks again!!!
Donna3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:47 PM   #4
Baibe
Earning My Ears

The Radisson is nice, I personally haven't stayed but I have many friends who have stayed for a night or two and the pool area is especially lovely.
Baibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:19 PM   #5
rob_jen
Mouseketeer

We usually stay at Ron Jon Cape Caribe which has changed ownership to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort. it is right near the port.

This is a nice play to stay before the cruise. Awesome pool, lazy river pool, water slides and splash areas for the kids. They have a restaurant and tikibar onsite. Plus they are on the beach.
Disney Magic 11/11 (Eastern Caribbean)
Disney Magic 11/09 (Western Caribbean)
WDW many times.
rob_jen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: