Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2014, 07:16 AM   #1
rochmom4
Earning My Ears

help with connecting room doors

We have connecting rooms on the Fantasy. I have read on the disboards that some people have used bungee cords to hold open the connecting doors. Would anyone have a picture of how the cord holds open the door? How long should the cords be? Has anyone used those little rubber wedge shaped door jams that are placed on the floor to keep the doors open? Thanks for your help.
rochmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:46 AM   #2
caitlinS9
Earning My Ears

I can't really answer your question, but we had connecting rooms on the Fantasy last year (outside room, so no verandah causing a draft) but we had no need for anything to prop the door open. The doors are pretty heavy duty & when you opened them they stayed open. We would normally only close them when changing or something along those lines & a lot of times would just throw the deadbolt, then close it, so it wasn't really closed all the way in case a child needed to come through.
caitlinS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2014, 08:13 AM   #3
momof2n2
I homeschool. What's your superpower? ♥

We didn't prop open. We just extended the deadbolt so it would never truly close.
All stays offsite.
DCL - 3n WONDER 2001
DCL - 4n MAGIC 2014
DLR in '77 & '98
Weighing DLR vs. DCL for 5/2015
momof2n2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:28 AM   #4
sue
love my DVC

I have been on 5 Disney cruises and don't think it is possible to use the door wedges. The door are raised off the main floor by about 6 inches, so you usually have to lift your foot up before you can walk through. I am assuming they designed the ship this way in case of flooding. I think if you used a bungie cord it would have to be able to stretch about 4 feet in order to connect with the cabinet next to the interior door.
Disney' Big Red Boat 3/92 Contemporary 3/92, Poly Resort 12/ 01, Disney Wonder 12/01, Disney Magic 11/05, SSR and OKW 10/06, SSR 08/07 Hawaii Mauni Lani Resort 08/08, Pop Century 2009, OKW 2009, DVC member only cruise Disney Wonder 2009, DVC trade to Kauai Wyndham Shearwater 01/10, All star music resort 08/11, SSR treehouse villas and OKW 11/11, Pop Century 11/12, Disney Fantasy Western 11/12, Bay Lake and Disney Fantasy Eastern 10/14
sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:37 AM   #5
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlinS9 View Post
I can't really answer your question, but we had connecting rooms on the Fantasy last year (outside room, so no verandah causing a draft) but we had no need for anything to prop the door open. The doors are pretty heavy duty & when you opened them they stayed open. We would normally only close them when changing or something along those lines & a lot of times would just throw the deadbolt, then close it, so it wasn't really closed all the way in case a child needed to come through.
We did the same thing on the Wonder last week, except we never even extended the deadbolt, the door just never shut all the way unless we pushed it firmly.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:12 AM   #6
rochmom4
Earning My Ears

Thank you for all your help !!!
rochmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:17 AM   #7
jrabbit
DIS Veteran

We were on the Wonder a few months ago and DCL had the rubber floor wedges and they worked fine. We didn't have the option of using the "deadbolt open" system because there wasn't a dead bolt.

We were on Deck 2 - don't know if there's a difference between floors or cabin categories.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: