Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2014, 10:19 AM   #1
tadamom
DIS Veteran

Question Crazy/weird question

My family is about to book our 1st Disney cruise and are contemplating asking my inlaws to join us....the only catch is that my MIL is unable to sleep in regular beds due to her terrible back. She is only able to sleep in a recliner. We have always taken her recliner with us on all of our Disney trips and never had a problem about having it in the room.

Question....would this even be possible on the cruise? I am imagining that it would be out of the question but thought I would see if anyone else has ever heard of this. TIA!
June 2004 - Michael's 1st trip to Disney World -- Old Key West May 2007 - Parker's 1st trip to Disney World -- Pop Century & 4 nights @ SSR Grand Villa October 2009 - Saratoga Springs Resort with the whole fam! October 2010 - All Star Movies --1st family trip with just the 4 of us!!! Awesome!
September 2012 - All Star Sports w/the whole family! B'day trip for Michael!
[COLOR="Lime"]November 2013 - Coronado Springs! B'day trip for Parker![/COLORMarch 2014 - 1 night at Pop Century for SIL's Disney wedding!

tadamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:31 AM   #2
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadamom View Post
My family is about to book our 1st Disney cruise and are contemplating asking my inlaws to join us....the only catch is that my MIL is unable to sleep in regular beds due to her terrible back. She is only able to sleep in a recliner. We have always taken her recliner with us on all of our Disney trips and never had a problem about having it in the room.

Question....would this even be possible on the cruise? I am imagining that it would be out of the question but thought I would see if anyone else has ever heard of this. TIA!
You could call DCL, but the answer is probably going to be no. They might be able to give you an alternative.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic 2004, 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014 DCL Fantasy 2015
Zandy595 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2014, 01:01 PM   #3
argomANIA
Mouseketeer

Special Needs at Sea looks like they rent recliners. You should give them a shout. I use them for my scooter rental and have never had any problems. Great company to deal with.

http://www.specialneedsatsea.com/res...t/bed-rentals/

Disney Dream 3 night Bahama Cruise December 2011
Disney Dream 3 night Bahama Cruise September 2012
Disney Wonder 4 night Bahama Cruise November 2014
argomANIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:07 PM   #4
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by argomANIA View Post
Special Needs at Sea looks like they rent recliners. You should give them a shout. I use them for my scooter rental and have never had any problems. Great company to deal with.

http://www.specialneedsatsea.com/res...t/bed-rentals/
I was just going to say to check out renting one...

MK [EPCOT under construction] 3/82, WDW 7/99, WDW/DCL 7/02, Indy DIS 9/10, PCC DCL/WDW 12/10Indy DIS 9/11 PCC DCL/WDW 12/12DAP 12/13Indy DIS 9/14PCC DCL/WDW11/14
Cruised: DCL, CCL, X, RCCL, NCL
mdvlprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:11 PM   #5
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

To have enough room for the chair, you might have to book an HA room or maybe a cat. 8 or 4.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic 2004, 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014 DCL Fantasy 2015
Zandy595 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: