Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2014, 07:15 PM   #76
Arizona Rita
DIS Veteran

BTW, we also had Eve. Our table mates took Eric with them to brunch and she asked if he was our son. She was very nice.
Arizona Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:11 PM   #77
jrabbit
DIS Veteran

Eve in Palo tried killing us ...... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... with Great Food. She wouldn't stop bringing us things to try. We had a GREAT meal And she was our server for brunch too.

Will have to ask for her the next time we are on board.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2014, 08:35 PM   #78
alagille
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrabbit View Post
Eve in Palo tried killing us ...... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... with Great Food. She wouldn't stop bringing us things to try. We had a GREAT meal And she was our server for brunch too. Will have to ask for her the next time we are on board.
Yep, same here. I told Eve to "surprise me" with my dinner. Loved it all!
alagille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:48 PM   #79
TheChanClan
Earning My Ears

jetskigrl - thanks for all the information
HKDL - Mar14
DCL - Dream to Caribbean Feb12, Wonder to Alaska Sep14
TheChanClan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:10 AM   #80
disneyfaninaz
It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

We just got off the 9 night as well. We found the weather to be great! The only rain we got was late in the day in Juneau and leaving that night. Tracy Arm, while overcast was not rainy nor windy. Very tolerable. We stood on Deck 10 until we started turning and then went aft. Some characters made appearances on Deck 10 in their Alaskan outfits. We did not get in all the way in, but the view was amazing none the less. We only turned once.

As far as the airport, we flew US Airways. We arrived at the airport 2 hours before our flight. We checked our bags. The attendant only weighed one but I don't remember if we flashed our passport or not. We then took our luggage to the baggage area where we had to put them on the conveyer belt and our boarding passes were scanned. No passports requested. We were then directed to security where we had our boarding passes scanned, but no requests for passports. Once we passed through security we went through US immigration where we scanned our passports at the kiosk and then stood in line to show our passport to a US immigration official. Not once were we asked how much we spent. We were asked one more time to show our passports when we boarded our flight. Otherwise, the whole process, while different than in the states, was very streamlined and efficient.

Judy was our server in Palo. She was wonderful. Our dining team was Shane from Jamaica and Steven from Hungary.
disneyfaninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:55 PM   #81
The Hunchback
Earning My Ears

Also Just off the Wonder

After reading others comments, I think maybe we were unique on the airport problems. We listed only a small amount of purchases (which was correct) but I think that was the issue. We most likely look like we should have spent more. Husband is a photographer and had expensive cameras along. Customs were the ones who asked on purchases, not United. United was just difficult on bag size and weight. I need to find smaller bags or a different carrier.

The cruise itself was wonderful and well worth any airport hassles that occurred. The people of Vanc. were kind and helpful. Disney was professional as always. Alaska was awesome. Go and enjoy!
The Hunchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:14 PM   #82
misseulalie
DIS Veteran

How packed with people were deck 9 and 10 on Tracy Arm day? What about deck 4? I plan to wait until after lunch and park myself on deck as I hear they are packed in the morning.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:03 PM   #83
The Hunchback
Earning My Ears

Also Just off the Wonder

The outside decks were full earlier in the day. However, people were kind and shared the space. By afternoon we were still too far away to really see the glacier if it did calve. Those who did not have viewing glasses or a camera lens did not stay once the wind came up. Those of us left just moved together and enjoyed the neat iceberg formations. We were hoping the glacier would let loose some ice. I understand it did just as the Wonder left the area. We had already left the deck to get ready for dinner.

When Goofey showed up around 1:00 PM, it created a large kid jam up front on 10. He did not stay long. Neither did the people.
The Hunchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:41 PM   #84
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskigrl View Post
Total for 4 of us was $128 - 1 adult $43, 1 senior $41, 1 student $29 and 1 child $15).
I hope I'm not coming off like I'm telling you how to get to the airport... but we actually did a car rental since it cost more for the 3 of us to take Quikshuttle to Seattle and I wanted to stop and have lunch in Vancouver.

There is an Alamo at Canada Place with a counter there. Our rental with the Alamo Insiders code was only $89.xx after conversion from CAD to USD. I paid with a card that had no foreign transX fee and we had travel insurance so I didn't need LDW. We spent the morning at Stanley Park and it was worth the rental to be able to do our own thing rather than be on a shuttle. Just something to consider.

The thing that took the longest was the traffic getting out of DT Vancouver and on to the faster part of the 99.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:18 AM   #85
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
I hope I'm not coming off like I'm telling you how to get to the airport... but we actually did a car rental since it cost more for the 3 of us to take Quikshuttle to Seattle and I wanted to stop and have lunch in Vancouver.

There is an Alamo at Canada Place with a counter there. Our rental with the Alamo Insiders code was only $89.xx after conversion from CAD to USD. I paid with a card that had no foreign transX fee and we had travel insurance so I didn't need LDW. We spent the morning at Stanley Park and it was worth the rental to be able to do our own thing rather than be on a shuttle. Just something to consider.

The thing that took the longest was the traffic getting out of DT Vancouver and on to the faster part of the 99.
I don't mind the suggestions at all. We will have 2 nights in Vancouver before the cruise so we will have a little time to check things out before we get on the ship.

But really, the reason we are doing the bus is because I don't enjoy driving long distance (actually being the one behind the wheel, I'm fine if DH is driving), especially in places I am not familiar with. And since I'm traveling with my Mom and kids, it would be up to me to do the driving. So I would rather pay someone else to do the driving for me so that I can sit back and enjoy the ride We will be staying in downtown Seattle for another two nights so we will have time to explore there too.

But I may take you up on the suggestion because a 1-day rental for our full day in Vancouver might not be bad (just quick rides from place to place). I will definitely consider that. Thanks.
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: