Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2014, 02:55 PM   #16
n8nally
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpee_1993 View Post
It really was. I was so disappointed and irritated.

So when you say "Park n Cruise was not that bad", does this mean they were less than great? I'm interested in other options in Port Canaveral and I may work up the nerve to try offsite again.
What I meant was that Park n Cruise was not as bad as your experience at Park Port Canaveral.

Park n Cruise was okay.

When we first pulled in, the employees ignored us a for a few minutes and I had not idea what I was supposed to be doing. The kids and I were just sitting there watching all the chaos. Lots of employees yelling back and forth orders at guests and just general confusion. And loudness.

Then an employee comes over to us and tells us to get out of the car and give him my keys, while another employee was already trying to open my trunk and get my luggage out. Uh......no. I will unload my luggage to make sure you got it all, and I will not just hand over my keys to you ewithout an explanation. I had no idea when I made my reservation that it was valet parking, and I had anticipated parking my car myself.

We live 1.25 hours from Port Canaveral and so we had pulled into McD for breakfast and coffee and my DD had been doing her hair in the car and we had our iPod plugged in listening to music, etc. We were not ready to just pop out of the car. We needed a few minutes to assemble ourselves, check that we took everything we would need with us, and that no valuables were left in sight, etc.

So I tell the guy that I would like to park my car myself. He seemed annoyed and flustered at this, but showed me where to drive to talk to another employee who would direct me to a parking spot. The guy pulling my luggage out of the trunk did not stop what he was doing, so I got out, handed him all our suitcases and made sure they were all off, and then proceeded to drive to the next guy.

I pulled up and he's looking at me like "Lady, why are you here?", so I explained my desire to self park, and he pointed me to the area where I would be parking. We parked, organized ourselves, put the shade up on the windshield and locked up the car. Then we walked back to the building, where different employees now asked us what ship and pointed us to the proper are for loading onto the shuttle.

Throughout all this, no one gave clear instructions or explained how everything works. Just a lot of "Go there.", "Stand here.", "Just wait there." kind of commands being barked at us. Their attitude, FTMP was annoyed every time I would ask a question, or refuse to do what they told me to until I knew why they were asking me to do it.

I had not prepaid, so I knew I needed to pay someone, even though nobody said anything to me or told me where to go. I asked where to pay and was pointed to the register. That was the first time a Park N Cruise employee took two seconds to explain what was happening and how everything worked. He was far from friendly, but he was also not rude really. Just seemed like he was in so much of a hurry and stopping to answer a stupid newbie was taking up valuable time.

I then walked over to where I was supposed to stand to wait for my shuttle and it was so hot and cramped and the employees kept yelling instructions out to people, it was so discombobulating! When the shuttle arrived they were yelling at us to make sure we had our luggage loaded onto the shuttle.

So I'm watching my suitcases, and see that they only loaded two and left the third. So before I allowed the kids to get on, I tried talking to the employee to let her know that my suitcase was not loaded (they had closed the cargo hold already). She was really ticked that I was even talking to her and not just getting on the shuttle. She loaded the bag for me all the while muttering under her breath that there wasn't much space, my bag would be crammed in there and that it would have gotten there on the next shuttle anyway.

The rest of the experience was fine. We got there, they unloaded and the Port Canaveral porters took over. The way back was also fine. We waited a good 20 min for a shuttle, but once it got there everything went smoothly. And that driver was very friendly and nice.

I would say the Park N Cruise employees bordered on being rude, with bad attitudes. I know they are in a hurry, frazzled, hot and just trying to get everyone loaded and moved. But for a newbie on her first cruise the entire process was confusing and hectic. I don't imagine having the same issue this time, since I already understand how it works now and will be better prepared to just surrender my vehicle and follow the plan. But I wish they would have all taken a deep breath and just smiled. Not everyone is an experienced cruiser!

I've eaten at 148 out of 247 restaurants at Walt Disney World (60%)
I've eaten at 56 out of 87 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (64%)
I've eaten at 39 out of 73 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (53%)
I've eaten at 6 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (33%)
I've eaten at 2 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (67%)

n8nally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:32 PM   #17
dvdisney
Earning My Ears

We've used Park n cruise five times now and LOVE them. We always pre-reserve online and park ourselves. My hubby has a thing about valet praline ever since Ferris Bueller's Joy ride lol. He is glad to be the final person to check if we forgot anything and double check the locks (a little OCD).
The workers have always been pleasant and the last driver even gave my little girl stickers, which totally occupied her 2yr old fingers.
We've had to wait for a second shuttle, but never long.
The lot is gravel, so sometimes muddy, but we use the money we save to buy our sail away drink.
dvdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2014, 07:08 PM   #18
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsanity View Post
We used Park Port Canaveral in 2013. We had to wait 5 minutes on a shuttle when we first parked, but they were all super friendly. On the return a bus was waiting, but got full before we could get on. We waited maybe another 10 minutes for the next and the driver had been alerted to the "family that just missed the previous bus" and made sure we were the first ones on. I'd use them again. Very stress free and cheap, so why not use the savings to buy a drink on board?
How did you get the Park Port Canaveral people to be nice to you? I'll take a longish shuttle wait, I know I'm not the only person in the world. But just be nice to me, please? Especially if I'm being nice to you....?
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
9/14 DCL Dream w/friends
9/14 DCL Wonder Double Dip 2x B2B (4 stops at CC!)
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
11/15 DCL Wonder
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:38 PM   #19
Palatkacruser
Earning My Ears

We used the Park N Cruise in Feb and didn't have any problems. We arrived about 11 am and were parked and unloaded within 10 mins. We prepaid and gave them our name. We sailed on Carnival this trip but the Dream was also leaving out this day. We waited about 15 mins for shuttle. They had one for each ship. About 20 min wait when we got off ship. They were very courteous when we used them. Plan on using them again for our Disney Cruise over Christmas. Yes the port is more convenient to park but the cost over the week is worth the offsite.
Palatkacruser is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: