Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2014, 07:43 PM   #16
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalmomx3 View Post
Do you know if they book 1 adult 2 kids...could they add another adult later? The 3rd adult is still up in the air at this point but we for sure need to find a room for 4 and you guys have given me some great suggestions so far......
Typically, you want to book a room with everyone in it that's might be in it from the start. You take a chance that there won't be room (at the muster station for that room) if you try to add someone later.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:51 PM   #17
brianvdb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Do you know if they book 1 adult 2 kids...could they add another adult later? The 3rd adult is still up in the air at this point but we for sure need to find a room for 4 and you guys have given me some great suggestions so far......
Because of the popularity of the cruise... book everyone that may possibly go. If it turns out later that someone can't go, just take them off the reservation before the PIF date.

Not really sure what you are looking for, but here is what I came up with for availability for triple occupancy:

10C: GTY only
10B: 1 room available
9D: GTY only
9C: GTY only
9B: 8+ rooms available
7A: 1 room available
6A: 3 rooms available
5C: 4 rooms available (including 5128 and 5130 which are adjacent)
5B: 8+ rooms available
5A: GTY only

When you go to the DCL site... do one room at a time. On the main screen, enter 2 adults 1 kid (for instance) for the first room. Pick your category, and then, when you get to the screen that says "Step 1: Customize Your Cruise," click the button that says "Add a Stateroom."
brianvdb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2014, 08:04 PM   #18
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow that website is confusing....do you have to pay to use that site?
I haven't

If you click on "Finder" on the top right of the first page, it will take you to a page where you can select the cruiseline/ship/itinerary that you are interested in. Then, select the actual date. The next page shows what categories are available and the current prices for them. If you hover over the price, it will show the opening day price and any increases (by date) for that category.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:27 AM   #19
KalamityJane
DIS Veteran

Quick, there are 5 person rooms open now!
KalamityJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:46 AM   #20
sftnslky
**May every day be filled with Magical memories**

Smile

Quote:
We are doing the Oct 11th cruise as well. I booked on opening day and literally 3 days later my oldest daughter asked if I could add one of her kids to one of my cabins.. so she didn't have to get two cabins.. And DCL would not let me since the quads for that muster station were all gone. The cost also went up by 60% in 3 days for category 9A cabins from what I paid so she isn't going to be going us this time. As far as I know all the quads went with a super quickness.

sftnslky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:55 PM   #21
socalmomx3
Earning My Ears

I appreciate everyone's help. She did see some rooms available this morning (quads) but because the price has increased so much it has pushed them out of their budget. I hope (pixie dust) that just maybe the price will come down again but I'm not counting on it........

socalmomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:40 AM   #22
sftnslky
**May every day be filled with Magical memories**

Quote:
I appreciate everyone's help. She did see some rooms available this morning (quads) but because the price has increased so much it has pushed them out of their budget. I hope (pixie dust) that just maybe the price will come down again but I'm not counting on it........
I'm so sorry. This is exactly what happened with my daughter..it was amazing how quickly the price went up within days

sftnslky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:49 PM   #23
nsiordia
Mouseketeer

My TA has not been able to get us on this cruise. I can't believe all quads are sold out. Waaaaaahhhhh!

So frustrating. I hope they add more Baja cruises

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DL AP HOLDERS

Sailed to the Mexican Riviera on the Wonder January 2012 - best cruise ever!
nsiordia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:23 AM   #24
HeyyCali
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsiordia View Post
My TA has not been able to get us on this cruise. I can't believe all quads are sold out. Waaaaaahhhhh!

So frustrating. I hope they add more Baja cruises

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I'm not sure what that means regarding the quads, but I guess that explains why I can't switch my reservation. I booked two inside rooms while on board (for two adults and two children) and I was hoping to switch to a porthole or veranda but nothing is available.

Plus the price went up so fast! I don't want to pay more for my rooms, so I guess we'll stay put.

I hope they add more Baja cruises too!
HeyyCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:23 PM   #25
shburks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyyCali View Post
I'm not sure what that means regarding the quads, but I guess that explains why I can't switch my reservation. I booked two inside rooms while on board (for two adults and two children) and I was hoping to switch to a porthole or veranda but nothing is available. Plus the price went up so fast! I don't want to pay more for my rooms, so I guess we'll stay put. I hope they add more Baja cruises too!
Quads (cabins available to sleep four) have been sold out for a while. These cruises sold super fast and price rise pretty quickly on them from opening day.

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW: Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: