Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2014, 02:14 PM   #1
orlandochick
Earning My Ears

Right, need some advice and opinions please. 9th Feb 2015, we sail on the 4 night dream Bahamian cruise. To cut a long story short, we are now thinking of flying to Orlando (from the UK) 2 days earlier than we had planned and I thought it would be a good idea to stay on resort at Disney and have a day in MK and a day at Blizzard Beach. I know this isn't cruise related, but I had also hoped, provided I can get reservations, to have a character breakfast at Cinderellas royal table. Now my question is this, do you think a day at MK including the character breakfast will take some of the magic of the cruise away? We do have 6 nights in Orlando after our cruise, we are doing discovery cove, Seaworld, Aquatica and Busch gardens. Would it be better to do MK after the cruise? I really can't decide. And definitely don't want to spoil any of the magic of the cruise. Final question, has anyone ever done goody bags for their kids for in the room on the cruise? If so what have you included?

Last edited by orlandochick; 06-05-2014 at 02:25 PM.
orlandochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:23 PM   #2
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandochick View Post
Right, need some advice and opinions please. 9th Feb 2015, we sail on the 4 night dream Bahamian cruise.

To cut a long story short, we are now thinking of flying to Orlando (from the UK) 2 days earlier than we had planned and I thought it would be a good idea to stay on resort at Disney and have a day in MK and a day at Blizzard Beach. I know this isn't cruise related, but I had also hoped, provided I can get reservations, to have a character breakfast at Cinderellas royal table. Now my question is this, do you think a day at MK including the character breakfast will take some of the magic of the cruise away?

We do have 6 nights in Orlando after our cruise, we are doing discovery cove, Seaworld, Aquatica and Busch gardens. Would it be better to disney MK after the cruise? I really can't decide. And definitely don't want to spoil any of the magic of the cruise.

Final question, has anyone ever done goody bags for their kids for in the room on the cruise? If so what have you included?
Sounds a plan, it is two different things so they work together do not take away from the cruise, for short days yo max time in the MK we have stayed at the Contemporary to walk to MK this is good for character breakfast and if you do not get Cinderella The Contemporary has the best WDW Character Breakfast at chef Mickeys there from 7am.

Before you accept any response or answer 'verify' information, -when did someone "actually do it"

Last cruise AUGUST 2014 Disney Magic July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
Disney Wonder August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
Disney Fantasy 8/11 and 8/18 2012 back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
Disney Magic 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean cruises.
Over 15 Previous cruises, including Disney, RCI and Princess.
Next, Disney Magic Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2014, 02:39 PM   #3
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

I used to love land and sea trips. I guess if I were coming all the way from UK, I'd definitely do it while you are here, but I am not likely to repeat it after this last one with the new FP so called plus changes... if you don't know what I mean, read all about it on the THeme Parks and Strategies part of the forum. We had 2 base days at the Disney and we could BARELY fit in what we were looking to do. I've come to the conclusion that unlike last year, where we could hop 4 parks in a day, you now need at least a week, not just a few days, and that's why its hard to combine land and sea anymore with their new so called crown management...
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:54 PM   #4
orlandochick
Earning My Ears

We did 14 exclusive days at Disney parks last April, and in all honesty are also going back in 2017 where we will again concentrate solely on Disney parks. This time my in laws are coming and didn't fancy Disney, so the fact they've agreed to 1 day in MK Is amazing! I am aware of fast pass + but thanks for the info
Old 06-05-2014, 03:01 PM   #5
n8nally
DIS Veteran

Nothing will take away any of the magic of the cruise!!

I've eaten at 148 out of 247 restaurants at Walt Disney World (60%)
I've eaten at 56 out of 87 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (64%)
I've eaten at 39 out of 73 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (53%)
I've eaten at 6 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (33%)
I've eaten at 2 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (67%)

n8nally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:12 PM   #6
Club Disney Chandler
Mouseketeer

I'm sitting at the pool of Art of Animation resort as I type this. Flew in yesterday, did MK today, doing AK tomorrow and hopping on Fantasy Saturday. It's a great way to start the vacation, tire yourself out for a couple days then relax for a a week on the ship. Royal Table is awesome but agree with PP about Chef Mickeys, great breakfast. I also recommend 1900 Park Fare for dinner at the GF, the Evil Stepmother, Anastasia, and Drusilla were great
WDW: October 2007-Doubletree Suites, October 2009-All Star Music, October 2011-Contemporary, DCL, Pop Century, June 2013-Beach Club, DCL, Polynesian, 2014-Art of Animation, DCL, 2015-DCL, Art of Animation
DL: Way too many to count
Club Disney Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:39 PM   #7
TLovesDisney
Earning My Ears

This past Jan we did 3 days at WDW before our Disney Dream Cruise and all of it was wonderful. We did the Princess Breakfast at Epcot. Like others have said nothing takes away from the magic of a Disney Cruise. But keep in mind that Blizzard Beach could be closed in Feb if the temperatures are to low.
Jan 2014 - WDW - French Quaters/Coronado Springs
Jan 2014 - Disney Dream 4-Day
Aug 2014 - WDW All Star Music / Frozen Summer
Oct 2014 - MNSSHP
Oct 2014 - Disney Fantasy 7-Day
TLovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:46 PM   #8
Drusilla99
Mouseketeer

Land & sea just makes the trip MORE magical! Sounds so fun!
Drusilla99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:59 PM   #9
tweis
DIS Veteran

Nothing can take away the magic of the cruise. We stayed at POR for 2 days before our cruise and hopped MK & Epcot and it did not diminish the magic of the cruise in any way. Actually, it made us look forward to relaxing on the cruise that much more.
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:35 PM   #10
DahliaRW
DIS Veteran

Just a heads up, make your reservation for Cinderella's Royal Table as soon as your reservation window opens. It does sell out quickly!
Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise January 18-25, 2014
Walt Disney World (Port Orleans Riverside) January 25-29, 2014 (Epcot, AK, MK, Epcot, HS)

DahliaRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:56 PM   #11
jburge12000
Mouseketeer

We always do a day in one of the parks either before or after our cruise. Usually try and have a talk to the kids well in advance that we are only doing 1 park day and as a family try and figure what one we want to do. Usually we pick the park on if a seasonal event is going on that we have not been to before, did the Epcot Food Wine festival before our last cruise and the Flower and Garden festival the time before that. Have found that before seems to be a little better, like to relax on the cruise after DW and before kind of gets the kids in the Disney sprit. The kids prefer the cruise now to DW so would rather end our trips on that.

Jan 2012 - Dream Bahamas, Nov. 2012 - Fantasy Western Caribbean, Oct. 2013 - Dream Halloween on the High Seas, Aug. 2014 - Wonder Alaska
jburge12000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:15 PM   #12
Melissa S
DIS Veteran

My advice is to make the most of your time in the park and not waste time in character lines (unless it is for one that won't be on the ship). One of the things that we love about the cruise is the one on one character interaction DD has. Each time I'm in Disney and walk by those huge lines in the hot sun and see the kids only get a photo, I appreciate cruising more. DD has had lengthy conversations with characters who were just walking around. Something you can't do in the park.

Magic October 27, 2013 (5 night Halloween on the High Seas)
Wonder March 2, 2013 (5 night)
Magic September 7, 2012 (5 night)
Magic June 2, 2012 (8 night)
Dream December 26, 2011 (3 night)
Melissa S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:30 PM   #13
harrisb1964
Mouseketeer

Blizzard Beach is not open in Feb. We have been to DW twice and it was closed for the winter.
harrisb1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:47 AM   #14
GatorMomInNC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisb1964 View Post
Blizzard Beach is not open in Feb. We have been to DW twice and it was closed for the winter.
In my experience in slower times/colder months (beginning of march and December specifically), they will have either BB or TL open, but not both.
GatorMomInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 03:59 AM   #15
orlandochick
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMomInNC View Post
In my experience in slower times/colder months (beginning of march and December specifically), they will have either BB or TL open, but not both.
This is what I'd read online, that they rotate each year between the two. We may not do either anyway, may do MK and HS instead. Then My 5 year old can go on tower of terror

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: