Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2014, 12:30 PM   #796
disneyjenna
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDiana! View Post
Hi everyone! I have couple of questions...

Are life jackets available at the quiet pools? I'm wondering if we should bring our own or do you think they will fit a toddler?

Is the quiet pool a zero entry pool? How about the large one at the dig site?

I think I noticed a sandbox near the playground. Will they have toys there or should I bring my own?

Can you use QS credits for the Pool Bar food? If you can what do you choose as your "desert" ? I saw a picture of the menu and I didn't see any QS logo near the selections. Would I be able to choose a side then in place of the dessert?

Upon check out do you just call the front desk to help you with your luggage? We'll be participating in Magical Express and we'll need some help juggling our 2 little ones and all of our stuff.

When do the Christmas decorations go up? We'll be there the week before Thanksgiving and I was hoping to see the resort's tree there

Has anyone been able to just walk up to Maya Grill and get a ressie on a weekday? Just wondering because we may play it by ear one night and eat there.

Also, I haven't heard anything about Ventanas. Has anyone been there and what did you think about it?

As you can see I've been saving up all of my questions

Thank you everyone!
You should see the Christmas Decorations. I went around Christmas from Nov 13-19. When we got there the decorations weren't up but one morning, about midweek, all of the decorations and the tree popped up overnight. Disney Magic!

May 2010 - All Star Sports
September 2010 - All Star Sports
June 2011 - Caribbean Beach Resort
November 2011 - Pop Century
September 2012 - All Star Music
August 2013 - Art of Animation
September 2014 - Coronado Springs
disneyjenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:15 PM   #797
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
We are checking in on Sept. 2. Did they say it was just for August? I am so hoping I do not get this call !
I'm hoping this is the start of the major CSR refurb. I wasn't expecting it until next year after the CBR update was finished. From some of the ideas and pictures I've seen floating around CSR will be hands down the best Mod resort when this is finished.

They would probably go one building at a time so with three preferred buildings only some people would get that call. It's possible this is just some regularily scheduled maintenance or making room for a convention as well.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2014, 01:18 PM   #798
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyjenna View Post
You should see the Christmas Decorations. I went around Christmas from Nov 13-19. When we got there the decorations weren't up but one morning, about midweek, all of the decorations and the tree popped up overnight. Disney Magic!
We're kind of spoiled. All 5 of our trips have been in mid-December. We don't even know what WDW and CSR look like without the Christmas decorations. I'd be scared to go at a different time now in case it was a letdown without all the Christmas stuff!
Old 06-04-2014, 01:25 PM   #799
nblake05
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We are checking in on Sept. 2. Did they say it was just for August? I am so hoping I do not get this call !
No. I'm sorry! He didn't say, just that it would be under rehab for the duration of our stay. I'm not too surprised... When I checked to see if there was convention going on during our stay, there was one that ended just before our arrival and I think there is a convention the first week of September (just after we leave). So maybe they will try to be finished with the preferred rooms prior to that next convention???. Just a thought.

Laughter is timeless.Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.--Walt Disney
nblake05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:51 PM   #800
jbrown22
Earning My Ears

Is there a schedule of conventions at the hotel? I would like to see if there are any planned when we are there.

jbrown22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:37 PM   #801
jezebel73
Mouseketeer

Quote:
When is everyone going?? I would love to say "Hi" to some of my DIS peeps while we are there. I can add them to this (my) post if people want! Would be neat to see how many of us actually are there around the same time!

We will be there Sept. 2-9! Anyone else care to share
We are booked Nov 15-23 and can't wait! I was always afraid to try CSR with the whole conference aspect, but FD sort of "forced" us in and now I'm really looking forward to it! All these posters make it sound just perfect.

The grounds and pool look gorgeous and seriously - those sliding doors to the bath area are going to rock my world. I go with my DD (9), niece (14) who wants privacy big time, and my EX-husband, so maybe I want privacy even more than my niece!!

Me DD (9)
jezebel73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:36 PM   #802
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Breaking News!!! Full Refurb for CSR!!!

Full credit to Buzz the number one source of CSR information on the Internet for getting confirmation on this!

CSR will undergo a full refurb beginning in August. Room design and furniture will be affected. This is awesome news!!

Quite amazing how this flew under the radar. The CBR refurb has been big news for quite sometime now, but only minimal rumours of a CSR refurb.

They are starting in the Casitas preferred rooms. I'm not sure at this point how long this will take or which section is next. Some of us who are going in November and December could very well have a new room!!
Old 06-04-2014, 08:56 PM   #803
Kristie911
Mouseketeer

Crap...we're going at the end of September, I hope the refurb doesn't disrupt our vacation. I don't really go on vacation to listen to construction noises all week.
DD Lexi 3

Planning our first family Disney vacation!!

Kristie911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:19 PM   #804
riversend22
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristie911 View Post
Crap...we're going at the end of September, I hope the refurb doesn't disrupt our vacation. I don't really go on vacation to listen to construction noises all week.
We are going September 5th - 13th and I'm having similar feelings. This is our first time staying at a moderate and I was really excited about staying at Coronado, but the renovations have me a bit concerned. I just don't want the "magic" to be disrupted by cones, ropes or other construction type materials especially since DH and I will be celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary. Perhaps I'm just being neurotic... Has anyone stayed at a Disney hotel during construction before? Did you notice any significant differences that affected your vacation?
riversend22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:30 PM   #805
WendyDarling
Earning My Ears
Just reading this thread and seeing the pics scares the poo out of me

We stayed during the last POR refurb and never noticed a thing. It was fine - and quiet.
'89 - Off site '88 - Disneyland

WendyDarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:33 PM   #806
SmallWorld71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
Full credit to Buzz the number one source of CSR information on the Internet for getting confirmation on this!

CSR will undergo a full refurb beginning in August. Room design and furniture will be affected. This is awesome news!!

Quite amazing how this flew under the radar. The CBR refurb has been big news for quite sometime now, but only minimal rumours of a CSR refurb.

They are starting in the Casitas preferred rooms. I'm not sure at this point how long this will take or which section is next. Some of us who are going in November and December could very well have a new room!!
That would be fabulous!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by riversend22 View Post
We are going September 5th - 13th and I'm having similar feelings. This is our first time staying at a moderate and I was really excited about staying at Coronado, but the renovations have me a bit concerned. I just don't want the "magic" to be disrupted by cones, ropes or other construction type materials especially since DH and I will be celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary. Perhaps I'm just being neurotic... Has anyone stayed at a Disney hotel during construction before? Did you notice any significant differences that affected your vacation?
I don't think it will be an issue. I've never heard complaints on the boards about in the room refurbs being disruptive. (Only the occasional disappointment that a desired section was unavailable.)

SmallWorld71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:04 PM   #807
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:

When choosing between CSR and CBR for our trip the only thing that really made me hesitant about not trying CBR is that I knew they would be refurbished rooms which would have been nice.
But now maybe I will get one at CSR! Hmmm I wonder how far along they will be by mid December. If I recall, it can really take a good long time to get the whole resort done. We are booked in a standard room, so I guess all we can do is request a refurbed room when it gets closer and cross our fingers. It wouldn't make or break the trip but it sure would be nice!
Are there any prototype pictures or details floating around out there?
Old 06-04-2014, 11:14 PM   #808
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you have a look over on the CBR thread, the refurb has begun there and guest are reporting no distractions at all. They do it one building at a time and don't book that building. Keep in mind the refurb is inside not on the outside of the building.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:17 PM   #809
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post

When choosing between CSR and CBR for our trip the only thing that really made me hesitant about not trying CBR is that I knew they would be refurbished rooms which would have been nice.
But now maybe I will get one at CSR! Hmmm I wonder how far along they will be by mid December. If I recall, it can really take a good long time to get the whole resort done. We are booked in a standard room, so I guess all we can do is request a refurbed room when it gets closer and cross our fingers. It wouldn't make or break the trip but it sure would be nice!
Are there any prototype pictures or details floating around out there?
There was a couple pictures posted about a month ago of the bathroom design. I think they are somewhere on the old CSR thread. It was a large walkin shower with a sit down bench and fancy shower head. I'm expecting them to,really step up and keep CSR's reputation as the Deluxe of the moderates. I'm really excited about this!!
Old 06-04-2014, 11:40 PM   #810
pixiehallow
Tinker Fairy

Quote:

I just popped over to Buzz's site and his board, and did not see any changes to the refurb schedule. Where does he have it posted? I wanted to look at the dates. We have a preferred room booked for early September, and I am a bit worried.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: