Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2014, 12:43 PM   #16
evaready51
A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes!

Not a fan of food trucks..hygiene, I feel, in food trucks is always compromised
evaready51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 06:38 PM   #17
AnOtHeRdIsNeYfReAk
Self-Proclaimed Super Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by evaready51 View Post
Licensed food trucks have to follow the same safety standards as restaurants (hand washing, proper food handling, temps, etc..) especially those run by Disney. Since they are "permanent" I assume Disney will be installing hook ups for these mobile kitchens. That being said, I'm careful about which ones I patronize in NYC. Those that are not licensed or have had several health infractions are hard to identify by just walking up to one.
AnOtHeRdIsNeYfReAk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2014, 10:59 AM   #18
TheSweetestThing
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by evaready51 View Post
You're really missing out, then. The food trucks in our city are serving gourmet quality food and have to adhere to the same regulations and inspections that a restaurant has to. These aren't hot dog stands or lunch trucks. I frequent the various food truck nights in my city.
TheSweetestThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:00 PM   #19
KYMickey
Adding EARS to Kentucky!

Location: Louisville Kentucky, home of the Derby and the 2014 TPC championship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSweetestThing View Post
You're really missing out, then. The food trucks in our city are serving gourmet quality food and have to adhere to the same regulations and inspections that a restaurant has to. These aren't hot dog stands or lunch trucks. I frequent the various food truck nights in my city.
I certainly agree with your sentiment, the food trucks here in Louisville are the same way and in reality the inspections or even stricter than that for B&M restaurants. I'm sure that Disney will also be very strict about sanitary conditions for their food trucks however I'm betting that like all the other restaurants in Disney these days the menu itself will be lackluster.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:20 PM   #20
grumpymickey
Earning My Ears

Call my slow but why food trucks? While there is a huge increase in the vogue factor of food trucks there are still a lot of people who think of them as the old roach coach.

Of course the reality is that these will be anything but that but reality is trumped by perception when it comes to sales.

It would seem to me that a fixed location would be much better.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:31 PM   #21
Manders77
Mouseketeer

Not my cup of tea at least for now. With two little kids I could not figure standing in line for 2-3 different trucks to get food to make everyone happy. Limited menu means we'll skip this. Tried it once at home and didn't work for us. Everyone wanted something different so DH stood in 1 line and me the other . Got kids food. Went to get kids started on eating and I sat with them . DH went to get his food then when he sat down I went. By the time I sat down everyone was done and the kids wanted to run around so I hardly ate. We'll stick to TS restaurants
Manders77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:42 PM   #22
grumpymickey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manders77 View Post
Not my cup of tea at least for now. With two little kids I could not figure standing in line for 2-3 different trucks to get food to make everyone happy. Limited menu means we'll skip this. Tried it once at home and didn't work for us. Everyone wanted something different so DH stood in 1 line and me the other . Got kids food. Went to get kids started on eating and I sat with them . DH went to get his food then when he sat down I went. By the time I sat down everyone was done and the kids wanted to run around so I hardly ate. We'll stick to TS restaurants
Very good point!
Old 08-19-2014, 09:31 PM   #23
minijeanie
It is a great diversion from one's hectic day

Food trucks are huge here in NJ ...especially at Rutgers University. they are an icon. Food is fantastic
If the food at Disney food trucks are half as good as the ones here I am all in with my next trip
1996- WL
1997-WL, BWV
1999-Dxl, Dolphin
2000-BC, Disney Cruise
2001-HRH,Poly, BWV
2003-HRH, BWV
2005-CR, BWV
2005-POR
2008-CSR,Swan
2012-SOG
minijeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:25 PM   #24
manning
Just for that I have requested it be left open!!!
We each have a sore spot....My butt and her right foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSweetestThing View Post
If I'm going to get a gourmet meal I want t eat it in a gourmet place, not outside.

I have no objections to food trucks, just don't think it's something to get real excited about. Just my opinion. Different stroke for different folks.
manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:58 AM   #25
Cadbury
I miss mickey :'( planning for 2015

will they do the ddp?
Old 08-24-2014, 10:35 AM   #26
Wild4Walt
DIS Veteran

I like the whole idea. It's going right along with the times.

The menu looks ok, but I'd like to see one or two 'special' items that change every so often - just to keep it fresh.

POR Oct 14 / POP Oct 12 / Poly Oct 12 / CBR Nov 11 / POR Oct 10 /Pop May 10/Poly Nov 09 / CBR Mar 09 / BWI - Feb 09 / BC- Oct 08 / POFQ - Feb 08 / SSR- Dec 07 / POR - Oct 07 / Poly Oct 05
Wild4Walt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: