Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2014, 12:20 AM   #1
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Hang In There Joan-May '14 TR-All New! 8/22

Hang in There Joan

The mostly true story of 72 character meets, 54 snack credits, 19 table service meals, 14 sparkly dresses, and 1 princess

I’m Shannon- compulsive WDW planner, die hard Cubs fan, and reality TV watcher

My husband Bryan- WDW pack mule, avid golfer, and history buff

And this is Princess Maddie- budding WDW tour guide, ballerina, and Disney channel fan

My MiL joined us on this trip, and she may pop up from time to time in photos, but since I don't have her permission to post them on the interwebs I'm going to skip the photo intro of her for now

Hello Friends old and new! And welcome to my 4th Trip Report. This year’s trip took place May 1-10 and once again we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside in a Royal Guest Room. We used the Deluxe Dining Plan, and pre-purchased the memory maker package. This was our first experience with both magic bands and FP+.

Rather than bore those of you who have followed along with our adventures with the same old intros, I thought I’d include a helpful FAQ section

FAQs

ThatGuy79: Will this be an entertaining, well written trip report that’s updated on a regular basis?

Shan23877: Welcome ThatGuy! Unfortunately no. It will not be well written and though I strive to update once a week, I often fall short. Thanks for reading!

ThatGuy79: Will there at least be great photos?

Shan23877: I hate to disappoint you, but again probably not. I do have an expensive camera and I take lots of photos, but I have never bothered to learn how to use my camera and take most photos in the ‘auto’ setting. Thanks for joining in!

SkinnyMinnie768645: The deluxe dining plan is way too much food! Why would you ever do that?

Shan23877: Welcome Skinny! While the DxDP is not for everyone, we enjoy it! It affords us the chance to pre-pay for all of our meals so that we’re not worrying about cost all of the time. Without it we would likely never order an appetizer or dessert, and we’d probably skip the signature meals that we so enjoy. Thanks for reading!

SkinnyMinnie768645: Well if you insist on doing DxDP will your TR at least include comprehensive reviews of restaurants complete with photos of menus and meals?

Shan23877: So glad you’re here Skinny! And I'm gald you asked! While I did try to take photos at every meal, I failed on a few. I will do reviews of many WDW restaurants including: Fultons, CRT-lunch, BoG, dinner, Akershus, Via Napoli, the Yachtsman, HBD, H&V Star Wars dinner, the Plaza, Cali Grill, HDDR, TH, Y&Y, Artist Point, H&V breakfast, Coral Reef, Narcoossees, ‘Ohana breakfast, and Chef Mickey dinner. I can’t promise that they’ll be good though.

PurwhoFan: That’s a lot of character meets! Do you guys ever do any of the rides?

Shan23877: Hey there PurwhoFan! We do squeeze in a ride or two between Meet and Greets! In fact, on this trip we managed to do a few rides we’ve never done before!

BoysRule: Why on earth would any one need 14 princess dresses?

Shan23877: Welcome BR! Honestly I have no idea! Being a bit of a tomboy myself I’ve never taken 14 princess dresses anywhere! My daughter is a bit of a mystery to me, but thanks to Southwest’s 2 bags fly free policy we load ‘em up!

NeverSeenIt: Who is Joan? No one in your family seems to be named Joan.

Shan23877: Welcome aboard Never! I assume that you haven’t been treated to marathon viewings of Frozen? Check out Do You Want to Build a Snowman on youtube and I think you’ll catch it. Thanks to a certain 7 year old’s obsession with it we know all the words, and found ourselves saying that to her while we were waiting in lines and such. I’m sure I could have come up with a different title, but frankly I didn’t try that hard. Thanks for reading!

ThatGuy79: You won’t be doing your stupid Friends chapter titles again will you?

Shan23877: Hey again TG! Been seeing a lot of you around here! I will be using the Friends titles again, I sort of like them!

MKCommando7676: You say you met a lot of characters, you weren’t one of those people who stood in line to meet Anna and Elsa for 6 hours were you?

Shan23877: Welcome MKC! Glad you have you reading along! We did not. We had fastpasses. So there.

Up Next: We travel and eventually, arrive

Last edited by shan23877; 08-22-2014 at 02:15 PM.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 12:21 AM   #2
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Chapter Links

Trip updates are in purple, dining reviews are pink, and real life updates are in blue.

The One With the Boring Details

The One With the Project-Real Life Update

The One With the Real Life Update #2

The One Where the Magic Begins

The One With the Dining Review Rules

The One With Fulton's Crab House

The One With the Search

The One With the Boutique

The One With the Zoo

The One With the Museum Part One

The One With the Museum Part Two

The One with the Museum Part Three

The One With the Museum Part Four

The One With More Quilt Squares

The One With the Boy Who Wouldn't Grow Up

Excuses, Excuses

The One Where Our Heroes are Unsuccessful

The One With Cinderella's Royal Table

[FONT="Georgia"]The One With The Quilt Top[/FONT

The One With (Almost) No Pictures

The One With Be Our Guest-Dinner

Last edited by shan23877; 08-22-2014 at 02:14 PM.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2014, 12:46 AM   #3
cheshirecatattack
Mouseketeer

Wow! I think I'm first to reply. That's a new one for me. Loved your last trip report and I look forward to reading about all your many character meets, meals and princess dresses!.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:34 AM   #4
kimchey12
Earning My Ears

Can't wait to read this one luved the last one.
kimchey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:10 AM   #5
MagicalMerida
Mouseketeer

Wooo! I can't wait to read this one! I love your trip reports!

TR- AHHH!!! Not another EMH morning! A July/August told by a teen!

MagicalMerida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:30 AM   #6
Cinderella909
Mouseketeer

Don't you know you can count me in!~

Another fabulous trip report... And, you know it can't be bad!

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Karen

Last edited by Cinderella909; 05-30-2014 at 06:36 AM.
Cinderella909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:13 AM   #7
amazingact21
Upendi

Following along!
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:34 AM   #8
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Shan23877: Welcome ThatGuy! Unfortunately no. It will not be well written and though I strive to update once a week, I often fall short. Thanks for reading!
Well, you've got the regular update part right, but it definitely is well written.

Quote:
I do have an expensive camera and I take lots of photos, but I have never bothered to learn how to use my camera and take most photos in the ‘auto’ setting. Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Shan23877: So glad you’re here Skinny! And I'm gald you asked! While I did try to take photos at every meal, I failed on a few. I will do reviews of many WDW restaurants including: Fultons, CRT-lunch, BoG, dinner, Akershus, Via Napoli, the Yachtsman, HBD, H&V Star Wars dinner, the Plaza, Cali Grill, HDDR, TH, Y&Y, Artist Point, H&V breakfast, Coral Reef, Narcoossees, ‘Ohana breakfast, and Chef Mickey dinner. I can’t promise that they’ll be good though.
Can't promise what will be good? The meals or the reviews?

You know your reviews are always very good. Maybe not always positive, but always good.

Quote:
PurwhoFan: That’s a lot of character meets! Do you guys ever do any of the rides?

Shan23877: Hey there PurwhoFan! We do squeeze in a ride or two between Meet and Greets! In fact, on this trip we managed to do a few rides we’ve never done before!

Quote:
Shan23877: [COLOR="Black"]Welcome aboard Never! I assume that you haven’t been treated to marathon viewings of Frozen? Check out Do You Want to Build a Snowman on youtube and I think you’ll catch it. Thanks to a certain 7 year old’s obsession with it we know all the words, and found ourselves saying that to her while we were waiting in lines and such. I’m sure I could have come up with a different title, but frankly I didn’t try that hard. Thanks for reading!
Believe it or not, my 4 year old knows just about all the lyrics to all of those songs... this one being his favorite. Yeah, I got your title.

Quote:
Shan23877: Welcome MKC! Glad you have you reading along! We did not. We had fastpasses. So there.
I hate the idea of using FP for a character, but my hand might be forced on this one.
afwdwfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:17 AM   #9
kristenabelle
Earning My Ears

Love this! Excited to follow along!

AP/DCP alum/D23/DVC newbie (2013!)
Enjoying adventures in the great, wide, somewhere for 25 years!

Upcoming:
- August 2014 @ BWV - Welcome Home! - November 2014 (DL) - D23 TWDS Tour and Haunted Mansion Holiday! - February 2015 - Baby's First Princess Half!- August 2015 (DL) - Expo 2015!!
kristenabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:35 AM   #10
jedimeg16
Mouseketeer

I'm here and so excited to read about your adventures!!

'Ohana Means Family - My first TR
jedimeg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:03 AM   #11
TruLovesKiss
Mouseketeer

You can count me in! I can't wait to read all about the latest adventures of Princess Maddie!

Bwahahaha! Loved your FAQs! I feel much more informed after reading them.

Rachel (32) ~ Joe (34) ~ Donovan (8) ~ Jorie (6) ~ Isla (4) ~ Bronwyn (2)

TruLovesKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:08 AM   #12
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

YAY SHANNON!!!!

OMG that title... AWESOME!!

OMG that first PP photo!!!!

O...M...G... AN FAQ!!!!!!

OH-EM-GEE I AM SO IN!!!
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:26 AM   #13
laura74
DIS Veteran

Shannon, we just missed each other. Got back Sunday. Back on the Dis trying to write a trip report again. Hope you'll stop by.

Great start! I love the FAQ!

March 06 Offsite, March 07 CSR, March 08 POR, March 09 WL, March 10 CSR, March 11 PFQ, March 12 BLT/BWV/AKV, March 13 BLT/BCV/AKV, May 14 BWV

Confessions of a Disboard Dropout

Disney Nomads...3 Resorts in 8 Nights!
laura74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:30 AM   #14
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

Yay!!!! Another fun trip report!! Can't wait to follow along!

And "hang in there, Joan" is a motto for our family too!!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:29 AM   #15
Jackiemarie21
DIS Veteran

Love your FAQs! Very cute!
14 sparkly dresses? Very necessary!
We loved the DxDP! Sure it's lots of food, but the dining is a big part of our vacation. We like to try lots of things and the DxDP lets us do that with out worrying about the costs!

Can't wait for the report!

Current PTR: Did You Know Mickey is a Ship Captain?
Previous trip report: This is Literally the Best Trip Ever!
Jackiemarie21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: