Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2014, 11:35 AM   #1
isabellea
Mouseketeer

Healthy kid meals at QS restaurants at MK?

Where can I find QS kid meals that are not burgers, nuggets, pizza or hot dogs at MK? My kids are a little weird in the sense that they wonít eat the above meals. It's not because I don't want them to eat those, they just don't like regular fast food (who am I to complain about that?). They mostly eat vegetables and pasta at restaurants (but not mac and cheese). Thatís one of the reason I reserved BOG for dinner as it has a good selection of kid meals for them with veggies but I need to find a place to eat lunch and I donít want to pay a fortune as we also have an ADR for breakfast at CRT that day.
isabellea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:56 AM   #2
mom21princess
Earning My Ears

I have the same issue my daughter does not eat those food either. Depending on the type of food your kids like their is a tuna sandwich on Columbia Harbour house menu and a turkey sandwich at Cosmic Rays. We usually just go back to the hotel for lunch because of the healthier options. or you could get on the monorail and go to one of the CC services at the resorts they should have way better options if you would prefer to stay close.
mom21princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2014, 12:12 PM   #3
Dislover1991
DIS Veteran

I found some of the menus on Allears.net and the QS locations do have some Mickey Check items - CHH has a tuna sandwich. BOG has a few healthy lunch items as well- grilled chicken, grilled meatloaf, etc. and Cosmic Ray's has a turkey sandwich. You can choose 2 sides with each so i'd go with grapes, applesauce, or carrots for some healthier choices

Dislover1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:54 AM   #4
JJsmama
Becoming an accidental expert on resorts Far from The World!

Bumping this up for more suggestions, hopefully.

My kids are the same. They will eat burgers, but not for a week. mine also don't eat Mac n cheese or hot dogs... So MK is tough.

We may try the cosmic rays roast chicken, mashed potatoes, veg this year.

We always do one lunch at LTT and eat turkey, mashed potato in the cool air. (Not QS, sorry.)

Have you seen the waffle with Nutella and fresh berries from sleepy hollow? We are definitely trying it this summer! Looks fresh and yummy!

We also go back to CR for lunch or dinner from MK. Sometimes, if they are tired of the crowds or getting tired of the food, we get a yogurt and a cup of berries, and chocolate milk. Or a bagel and cream cheese. they always have room for dessert though

Contemporary x 5 trips, Polynesian x 4 trips, Beach Club x 2 trip, Wilderness Lodge x 1 trip, Port Orleans R / FQ x 3 trips, All Stars Movies x 1 trip, Tokyo DisneyLand and Tokyo DisneySea x 1 trip, Disney Cruise line x 3 cruises

Animal Kingdom Lodge & Contemporary Here We Come! Summer 2014
JJsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:52 AM   #5
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Pinocchios has a kids power pack that includes yogurt, apples, carrots, goldfish and a snack bar, and milk or water.

Liberty Square Market has baked potatoes and corn on the cob. It's not a CS place but you can use snack credits if on the DDP.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:59 AM   #6
lilkimmyk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses1230 View Post
Pinocchios has a kids power pack that includes yogurt, apples, carrots, goldfish and a snack bar, and milk or water.

Liberty Square Market has baked potatoes and corn on the cob. It's not a CS place but you can use snack credits if on the DDP.
Subbing in, this kids power pack will be PERFECT for my 3.5 yr old. We are in the same boat as well. He will eat nuggets and pizza but not everyday for a week. That pack is everything in his go to diet he will always eat without fail. A huge thank you ses1230
lilkimmyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:26 AM   #7
JJsmama
Becoming an accidental expert on resorts Far from The World!

The power pack does sound good for a change.
I have seen the fresh fruit, but Didn't know about the baked potato and corn at Liberty square. Good to know

Contemporary x 5 trips, Polynesian x 4 trips, Beach Club x 2 trip, Wilderness Lodge x 1 trip, Port Orleans R / FQ x 3 trips, All Stars Movies x 1 trip, Tokyo DisneyLand and Tokyo DisneySea x 1 trip, Disney Cruise line x 3 cruises

Animal Kingdom Lodge & Contemporary Here We Come! Summer 2014
JJsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:33 PM   #8
Frozen2014
DIS Veteran

I've also noticed from allears that a lot have mickey check meals that are healthier. And for a healthier restaurant, The Wave has some good choices.

My kids would love mac and cheese, chicken fingers and white pancakes all week, but I cringe at the thought

Disney World Trip Report - Oct 2014
Frozen2014 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: