Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2014, 01:16 PM   #1501
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post

Or you could buy the collapsible shelves from target/walmart they hang on the Clothes pole in the washroom area and you can put several days worth of clothes in them. Les than $15 each and they collapse down into a very small amount of space in a suitcase.

Check out my POR Must bring thread in my signature area! Its full of ideas of what most forget to bring maybe on the first trip but are prepared for on the next one!
That's what I do.....works great! Mine is all ready to be packed for my POR stay in 10 days. They are truly space savers.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:16 PM   #1502
ericstac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Or you could buy the collapsible shelves from target/walmart they hang on the Clothes pole in the washroom area and you can put several days worth of clothes in them. Les than $15 each and they collapse down into a very small amount of space in a suitcase.

Check out my POR Must bring thread in my signature area! Its full of ideas of what most forget to bring maybe on the first trip but are prepared for on the next one!
thats actually a reall good idea. We even already have some we use around the house
2013 - Beach Club/Polynesian - Christmas
2014 - (May) Port Orleans Riverside
2014 - (July) Port Orleans French Quarter
2014 - (Dec) Port Orleans Riverside

EJ's Disney Pinterest Board

EJ's 2014 VLOG has Begun
ericstac is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2014, 01:18 PM   #1503
uccats97
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFamily123 View Post
Our Fridge froze stuff although it did not have a separate freezer...... always had the opposite problem with Disney's fridges (barely cold at all) but I know they were all replaced. Our fridge at POR froze our drinks almost solid.... had to turn the temperature down on the fridge then it was better.... but if you want to freeze everything in the fridge, turn the temperature knob all the way toward cold and it will !!!
Same thing happened to us at Pop Century.

Me DH DS(18) DD(11) DD(9) DD(6)
1979-2000 Too many WDW day trips to count!
2001 DL/CA offsite, 2002 WDW offsite, 2003 WDW offsite, 2005 WDW offsite, 2007 WDW offsite, 2009 WDW offsite (Spring), 2009 WDW SSR (July), 2010 WDW ASMovies, 2011 WDW offsite (June), 2011 WDW, MVMCP Doubletree DTD (December), 2012 WDW offsite (June), 2012 DL/CA, minus the kids, offsite (December), 2013 WDW Princess Half Marathon weekend ASMusic (Feb), 2013 WDW AoA Cars Suite (June), 2014 WDW Pop Century Mother/Daughter trip (March/April), 2014 WDW Pop Century Birthday Surprise (July), 2014 WDW POR Tower of Terror 10 Miler (October)
uccats97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 01:23 PM   #1504
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by uccats97 View Post
Same thing happened to us at Pop Century.
Yeah if you turn it all the way past or to 7 it will get very cold in there. I usually bring a little fridge thermometer to stick in there so I make sure it stays cold in there and food doesn't go bad. I say usually around 5 or mid way maybe a little between 5-6 it should be ok for most foods you put in there.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:21 PM   #1505
agrizzdisney
Earning My Ears

DVC/points

I am sure this has been discussed previously but this is my first time on DIS...

Are any of the rooms at POR or POFQ available if you are a DVC member? I see that they do not offer villas but did not know if this was completely off limits for use of points.
agrizzdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:27 PM   #1506
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrizzdisney View Post
I am sure this has been discussed previously but this is my first time on DIS...

Are any of the rooms at POR or POFQ available if you are a DVC member? I see that they do not offer villas but did not know if this was completely off limits for use of points.
There is no DVC at either POR or POFQ, sorry. But Welcome to the boards!!!
Old 05-28-2014, 04:05 PM   #1507
xcross99x
Earning My Ears

We are looking to stay here next year, looks awesome.
xcross99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:19 PM   #1508
agrizzdisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
There is no DVC at either POR or POFQ, sorry. But Welcome to the boards!!!
Well thank you! What better board than a Disney board right?
Old 05-28-2014, 04:34 PM   #1509
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Well thank you! What better board than a Disney board right?
Of course! Well have a magical day!
Old 05-28-2014, 05:14 PM   #1510
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You might want to ask on the DVC boards. I do not own DVC, but I think I read a few times that you can in fact use points at some moderate or deluxe resorts, but that it is not a good value for your points.
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:14 PM   #1511
agrizzdisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
You might want to ask on the DVC boards. I do not own DVC, but I think I read a few times that you can in fact use points at some moderate or deluxe resorts, but that it is not a good value for your points.
I thought i had heard that this was a possibility before. Thank you for your help. I will check on the DVC boards.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:11 PM   #1512
nicoleken
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoleken View Post
I will report back! I went ahead and used the street address and placed the order today. We'll see!
Checked in this evening and the CM told me I had a package before I could even ask about it! All worked great!

I just followed the instructions on the Port Orleans website and ordered through Amazon Prime. It worked great!

We have a great location and everything has been great so far.... Except for the fact that my son threw up after downing a bottle of chocolate milk less than an hour after we checked in. He's asleep in bed now. I'm really hoping it was just exhaustion from being up since 3:45am, taking 3 flights today, and eating very poorly (junk food most of the day.) I guess we'll find out tomorrow. Oy.
nicoleken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:24 PM   #1513
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoleken View Post
Checked in this evening and the CM told me I had a package before I could even ask about it! All worked great! I just followed the instructions on the Port Orleans website and ordered through Amazon Prime. It worked great! We have a great location and everything has been great so far.... Except for the fact that my son threw up after downing a bottle of chocolate milk less than an hour after we checked in. He's asleep in bed now. I'm really hoping it was just exhaustion from being up since 3:45am, taking 3 flights today, and eating very poorly (junk food most of the day.) I guess we'll find out tomorrow. Oy.
What type of room did you book? What building are you in then?

Hope your son is better in the morning!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:27 PM   #1514
nicoleken
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
What type of room did you book? What building are you in then? Hope your son is better in the morning! Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
We booked a garden view and did not send in any special requests. We are in Magnolia Terrace. He has been up all night throwing up, and I've been queasy all night. This is not the way vacation was supposed to start.

Last edited by nicoleken; 05-28-2014 at 11:40 PM.
nicoleken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:53 PM   #1515
LUVDisney1975
Mouseketeer

POR Room question

Hello! We have 36 days until we arrive at POR for our very 1st trip to Disney World!!!! We can't wait!!!

My question is this: We booked a land and sea package, everything is paid for and ready to go. My girls and I decided yesterday that we wanted to upgrade from a standard room to a Royal room. My travel agent got right on it this morning and called Disney and was told they have no RR available. Even though I can go online and see there are rooms open for when we will be there.

Long story short, since we booked a land & sea package through the cruise line they are only allowed to book standard rooms. My travel agent is trying to work every angle she can to get us a RR. What I don't understand is if we want to UPGRADE and pay MORE money, why can't we just get the room we want if they are still available?

Sorry to rant. I'm just wondering if my travel agent can't get them to upgrade our room is, there any thing else we can try? I would love any suggestions. We can't wait for our trip!!!

Me: Disneyland May 1995 & August 1997
Me, DD 14, DD 11: Aulani 2012
Me, DD 14, DD 11 July 2014 WDW POR & Dream July 6, 2014
LUVDisney1975 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: