Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2014, 10:39 PM   #1
Herbord3
Earning My Ears

To keep or not to keep...ADR's

Please tell me your thoughts on the following ADR's - worth it or not worth it?

1) Liberty Tree Tavern - dinner
2) Ohana - dinner
3) 1900 Park Fare - dinner
4) Chef Mickey's - dinner
5) Tusker House - breakfast

Also, what's the best breakfast and best dinner you've been to?
Thanks!!!

12+ times to Disney World
3 Disney Cruises
Herbord3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:17 AM   #2
Belle4mygrl
DIS Veteran

We enjoy Crystal Palace for breakfast. LOVE the Pooh's puffed French toast!

We went to Tusker's House for breakfast years ago and haven't been back. We didn't enjoy the foods. The gravy had a strange herb added to it. Not flavors we are accustomed to. BUT this was years ago. We are afraid to go back so maybe someone else can give you a recent review.

We love Chef Mickey's for breakfast and dinner. Can't go wrong.

We haven't been to Liberty since WDW took the characters out . We did love the food. It is a nice American traditional meal after a week of adventurous food.

1900 Park Fare-Love the atmosphere. We do not think there's a variety of foods for our liking . Although we do make reservations every trip.

Ohana-We love for both meals. If you are a big meat eater you will love the dinner reservation.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2014, 01:15 AM   #3
deakam
DIS Veteran

Favorite breakfast so far has been Lilo and Stitch at O'hana. But we are doing CRT this year. The absolute best meal has been the braised pork at Be Our Guest. We love Tusker House for breakfast and dinner. LTT is a definite as well as Rose and Crown. We have done O'hana every trip for the past 4 years, but we are switching it out for Ragland Road this year. We also usually do Via Napoli but this year we have decided to give Coral Reef another try. We haven't been there for probably 8 years. We did not care for it the last time but it appears they have changed the menu. We also really like the Garden Grill. Chef Mickey's is really fun and really loud. The food is okay but not exceptional. We ate at 1900 Park Faire several years ago. We waited at least 40 minutes past our reservation time. The Stepsisters and Lady Tremaine are great and it was nice to actually get to hang with Prince Charming however I found the food to be lacking. Nothing bad, just not great.
deakam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:11 AM   #4
dpswift
DIS Veteran

So far our favorite breakfast has been Tuskar House. I would keep that one.

Only been to Ohana was for breakfast. Did not care for it. We felt left out in the Charactor interaction. I finally complained when a family that had Mickey for a good ten minutes called him back after we waited over an hour. Dinner is different and many like it.

Park Faire dinner Loved it. A must do for my daughters.

Chef Mickeys only done breakfast but a must do for my 12 year old.

Liberty Tree. Dh and I found it to be mediocre but it is a must do for my DS22.

You will have a great time no matter which ones you pick. If it were DH and myself making the choices the 2 must dos on your list would be Tusker House and Park Faire.
dpswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:24 AM   #5
shannonstar
StarGirlJapp

Liberty Tree Dinner - We would switch to lunch, but only because OOEY GOOEY TOFFEE CAKE
Ohana Dinner - We really like this one
1900 Dinner - We haven't done it. Mixed reviews on here. I would like to, but since everyone in my party is a boy besides me....
Chef Mickey's Dinner - I am not a fan of this restaurant in general, so I don't ever choose it.
Tusker House Breakfast - We love it. It always makes our must do list, especially as a Pre-Open ADR.

Our favorite breakfast is Kona Cafe. And if you are OOP it's not all that pricey. Our favorite dinner is Boma. So many choices, soups, Zebra Domes.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:27 AM   #6
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Tusker House is by far our favorite breakfast. Best offerings at any buffet IMO and plus the restaurant is so unique in its theme.

One place we love for dinner is Whispering Canyon. Fun atmosphere, eat while overlooking WL lobby, and good BBQ that's all you can eat.

LTT dinner is served family style, so it is also all you can eat. However, for lunch each person orders what they want off the menu. So depends on what appeals to you there.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:02 AM   #7
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it

Honestly, I think every restaurant is worth trying just once, if you've never been there. If you don't like it, don't go again. People just have such vastly different experiences. I know I love Whispering Canyon, but a lot of people don't.

I'm not big on breakfasts, but my favorite dinner during the last trip was Ohana. Maybe because it was our first night there, the food was good, kids had fun doing the hula, and the Lapu Lapu made me happy.
Ginny Favers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:24 AM   #8
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbord3 View Post

2) Ohana - dinner

Thanks!!!

We have never been to LTT, but have always heard really good things about it. We usualy plan to try there, but we always run out of meal space or time. CRT and Crystal Palace are must dos for DD, and now BOG is a much do for all of us.

Ohana we have never done, but I have heard mixed reviews. Some people are absolutely nuts about it, others don't care much for it.

1900 Park Fare- DD is a huge Cinderella fan so we have done it many times. It is one of her must dos. It is worth it for the Cinderella fan. You often will have a wait past your ADR, and sometimes it might be significantly past your ADR, so don't make any after dinner plans that you will be upset if you miss. The food is usually good and the characters are great. The place is very loud and there is a lot of hustle and bustle- more so than any other WDW restaurant we have been to.

Chef Mickey's- Did dinner there once and have ZERO desire to ever do it again. The characters were cute and our server was great, but the place was absolutely filthy and we were there early in dinner service. My DH is FAR from a neat freak, and when we walked in, he took one look at the floor and asked me if we actually were going to eat there. The food was horrible too, and MIL even got sick from it. I actually watched a kid drop the chicken tongs on the floor and put them back in the chicken and when his horrified mother told one of the CMs at the buffet, they did not even replace the tongs much less the chicken. DD has never asked to go back there, and she is an absolute character nut, so that says a lot.

Tusker House- We have done breakfast there several times, and also lunch since they made lunch a character meal as well. This is a great one. The food is really good and the characters are cute. We are always torn between breakfast or lunch. We love the breakfast food there. If we were early pre-park breakfast people, I think breakfast would win over lunch every time. Because we aren't we often like to hit some things at the park first, and then go there for lunch. I highly recommend the breakfast though!
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:49 AM   #9
olwyngdh
DIS Veteran

We have done lunch at Tusker House, and loved it--haven't tried the breakfast.

LOVED 1900 Park Fair Breakfast--would do it again in a minute, plus you get to see Mary Poppins!

LTT is wonderful for dinner--it is all you can eat, and they just keep bringing it. DD29 was married at SoG last Jan the day before the 1/2 marathon, and she and her sparkling new hubby ran the 1/2. My Father in Law took our side of the family out to dinner at LTT that night so that the fam could "get to know" the newest member--there were 15 of us, and with running the race that day, my son in law was starved--they managed to fill him up.

Haven't done Ohana--it is on our list to try one of these days.

Chef Mickey's reminded me a lot of Golden Corral with added character interaction. Food was meh but there was plenty of it. We did dinner there, haven't tried their breakfast.

olwyngdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 01:18 PM   #10
visitWDW
Earning My Ears

1) Liberty Tree Tavern - dinner--good food and service, very heavy meal though
2) Ohana - dinner--this one was just okay for us, probably won't do it again
3) 1900 Park Fare - dinner--loved it! Great character interaction!
4) Chef Mickey's - dinner--kids enjoyed it, adults not so much.
5) Tusker House - breakfast--our favorite! Love the food, characters, and atmosphere!

We also really like Kona, Sanaa, and Mickey's Backyard BBQ
visitWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:05 PM   #11
Planner2012
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbord3 View Post

2) Ohana - dinner

Thanks!!!
We did not enjoy Ohana at all. The food was not great. Steak very fatty. I was really disappointed as it was one I was really looking forward to.

We loved Tusker House for breakfast. The food was good. Lots of options. The character interaction was great! I would definitely keep that one.

For breakfast our favourite was Crystal Palace, followed closely by Tusker House.

For dinner, we loved Garden Grill.
Planner2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:55 PM   #12
Mariep26
DIS Veteran

Tusker House is our favorite breakfast closely followed by Crystal Palace. We thought Chef Mickey's was just okay -- the character interaction was great there though and we only went for breakfast not dinner.

Our favorite dinner spots are Teppan Edo and Via Napoli -- we haven't been to any of the ones you listed.
June 2010 - Swan & Dolphin, March 2012 - ASMo Toy Story room, December 8-15, 2012 - AoA Cars Suite, Feb 25 - Mar 1, 2013 - BLT LV Studio, May 9-13 - AoA Cars Suite, August 19-23, 2013 - BLT TPV Studio - Jax's 5th Birthday!!! - Nov 2-9, 2013 AoA Nemo - Oct 18-25, 2014 - Presley's 5th Birthday @ SSR 2brdm!!
Me: Marie, DH: Neil, DS: Jax , DD: Presley, D?: Baby #3 Due 12/20/14
Mariep26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:11 PM   #13
SGMCO
Vintage Style is Sweet--Rumbleseat Fashions

Of the ones you listed we have eaten at:
Ohana's Dinner: Very good!
Chef Mickey's Dinner:Gross
Tusker House Breakfast: Very Good!
Old 05-28-2014, 08:19 PM   #14
disneybliss2
DIS Veteran

LTT--dinner was ok, nothing memorable or horrible. I wasn't crazy about it because it reminded me of a frozen meal heated up.

Ohana--it's our favorite dinner. We LOVE it!!! We enjoy the food from start to finish and we like the fun atmosphere for the kids.

1900 PF-- another of our favorites. The buffet has a big variety with different options from the standard options at most buffets. Very yummy tasting. The character interaction is the best! The stepsisters are a riot!

Chef Mickey's-- breakfast is good, but dinner is horrible. Small variety and nothing tasted good. Not impressed in the least.

TH: we haven't tried yet, but want to.

Best breakfast we've been to: Crystal Palace--large variety, all yummy & fresh. Fun getting into MK early and getting pictures without hoards of people in your photos.

Best dinner: 'Ohana for reasons I stated above.
disneybliss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:01 PM   #15
Herbord3
Earning My Ears

Thank you!

Thank you all so much for your reviews!! I am definitely keeping Ohana and 1900 Park Fare, and Tusker House. You guys are great! Thanks again!

12+ times to Disney World
3 Disney Cruises
Herbord3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: